What chill/laid-back music have you been listening to?

Well I'm quite a die-hard fan of Metal and I can easily find what I'm looking for in the wast ocean of Metal music, but whenever I try to find electronic music I tend to only find a few that fits a certain mood for one of my playlists, and what I end up with is several playlists with only a handful of songs, vs my metal and rock playlists which contains 1.500+ songs each, so I just never really play any of my electronic/edm playlists since they're so empty in comparison.
So I'd really love it if someone could help me find some electronic music that puts you in a dreamlike state of mind, the best example I can come up with is Better Day Remix (Genetic) by STS9
I'm not really looking for anything that sounds like your typical psybient, because I can easily find psybient music, but something that has kinda the same dreamlike ambiance and nice amount of details, but more relaxed and not as warped and trippy.
Edit: Also Metameme by STS9 is also kinda what I'm looking for, the best way I can describe the music I'm looking for is music that just makes you space out, and makes you feel like you're floating on a cloud.

Last edited:
There's a ton of drone and ambient floating around.
(Oh ho ho ho, I crack myself up sometimes!)

Anyways, here's a few sorta like what you mentioned:
Plateau ~ The Orb

The whole album is classic.

May want to look more into drone ambient as opposed to strictly electronic.
This is my very, very favorite drone album to date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaAHKK8ipWw
A Deeper Silence ~ Steve Roach

Another droney track that's perfect for drifting / nodding:

The World Underneath ~ Circular Ruins & Mystified

Orb are great for that. Adventures beyond the ultraworld was another good album

Aphex Twin too

I'm looking for is music that just makes you space out, and makes you feel like you're floating on a cloud.

I can't think of anything better than this track:

Distant System - Astropolis