• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What causes this to happen (too long for a subject line)

5meoh

Bluelighter
so when I was a teenager I smoked like a fiend, a 1/4 a day easy. Around 19 I started getting anxiety attacks from it and quit smoking.

Around 22-23 I started smoking again, still had anxiety attacks but just smoked a hella lot less and eventually it went away as I re-developed a tolerance.

Around 25 it started giving me anxiety again.

Now, in my 30s I'm able to smoke again and don't get the anxiety attacks anymore (however I'm sure they'll return in full form eventually).

Is it just down to the CBD count like most seem to say, or is it that I definitely seem to have a bad reaction to Indica and a better reaction to Sativa? I can't wait till the dispensaries are open here so we can actually get the strains we want.

I've never looked much into the chemistry of Marijuana, while I'm sure I could spend the day reading about it I'm sure there is some guru's with the info already at hand. Just curious more than anything...

I smoke as a form of harm reduction, having used a lot of substances in my life I came to understand that I'm better off smoking a couple joints a day then eating a handful of oxy's or a bottle of benzo's. I find Marijuana, while it's not giving me anxiety is the greatest form of harm reduction there is for myself personally. It also keeps me from drinking, which I always take too far.

You're having a kind of reaction to thc not cbd. Sativa shave a high thc content which causes paranoia/anxiety for some on a steady basis or out of nowhere. Try smoking an Indica or Indica dominant hybrid. Kush's, diesels, anything with fruits berrys or sour in the name. You cbd causes your body to relax, slow down, get tired. I smoke for anxiety medically and I find I've never had anxiety with these

Keep in mind that pot is a mild hallucinogen.Hallucinogens can tend to worsen an underlying psychological problem,even one you might not really be aware of.I've had the same experience with weed and acid.I liked both as a teenager but you couldn't pay me to do either now.As Brandasaur points out,sativas can get really trippy and cause anxiety,even if you aren't normally prone to it.If you do have anxiety anyway,it makes it worse.I,m guessing that when you get anxiety from weed you probably fight it and the worst thing you can with a trip is fight it.Fighting any hallucinogen can turn a mildly uncomfortable trip into a major freak-out.Once I got into my mid twenties and my anxiety disorder got worse and worse I found I couln't even do a couple bong hits or take even one hit of acid without immediately regretting it.This could turn out to be the case with you.

I'd just say a lot of people eventually outgrow weed. And I was one of them. When I was ages 15-21, I thought I would smoke weed every day until the day I died. Towards the end of my usage I noticed severe anxiety, yet inability to stop smoking. I'd hit the bong, and within 15 seconds anxiety would kick in, and I would regret it, and usually end up taking doxylamine to make myself pass out. Weed truly does bring out the best and worst in people. I had no history of mental illness or any genetic link to it in my family (Unless you want to count neuro diseases like parkinsons), however I started to develop anxiety and psychosis and eventually quit smoking weed. I've noticed that my friends who started smoking when they were under 18 all seemed to have this happen to them, and they moved to harder drugs, while other people I know who didn't start til their mid twenties never had this issue. It is honestly probably an issue with smoking while your brain is still in development. I regret that I will never be able to enjoy weed again for as long as I live.

Oh i've learned how to deal with "the fear", it was after a really bad trip on Bromo-Dragonfly that I developed anxiety when smoking, so I know it's all in my head. Just wonder why it comes and goes so often. I will try staying away from Sativa's as much as possible however until we have actual dispensaries here you're taking someones word for it. Luckily, I have some intelligent friends however, we all make mistakes.

Thanks for the information though, I was informed it was related to the CBD count, learn something new everyday.