• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What can we do to stop spread of Fentanyl laced Heroin ?

Tonebender

Greenlighter
It's been at least 5 years i read this forum but i only registered a few months ago .
I participate on a French forum for a few years but i have always thought this forum was interesting , so i finaly registered here as well.
I am a long term opiates user ( I started 25 years ago ) , been on methadone for 8 years in the past , as well as on buprenorphine before that and i have been using heroin , morphine , oxycodone , so i know all these substances quite well .
I have been an IV user for many years ( especialy during the 90's ) although i very rarely did it for the past 12 years , coming back to snorting when i use heroin (i also chased the dragon in the past ) .
To finish to present myself to other forum members quickly , i have been poly drug user for several years during the 90's, doing much coke ( including IV'ing ) , crack ,LSD ( much during the 90's ) , MDMA and cannabis but i stopped all stimulants and hallucinogenics for more than 12 years now and stopped cannabis a few months ago ( started using it 30 years ago ) .

The reason why i decided to post is because of the alarming spreading of Fental analogs laced heroin , which has started to reach Europe and France recently , through internet it seems , as we don't see much of it in the streets here for the moment but i really fear it starts to spread here as well as we are always several years late on many things compared to the US but unfortunately ,bad things often reach us even if it's delayed !

Last edited:
I see many OD's caused by those Fent laced heroins in the US and it seems to spread more and more since 2006 , reaching an alarming number of accidents and deaths these last years unfortunately !

A friend of mine in USA, who has been a long term opiates user ( longer than me as hés a bit older ), has had an OD recently and chancs are it might have been because of such type of Heroin, as hés an experienced user and from what he told me , it really sounded like that sort of problem !
He has been nearly dying and if a member of his family had not taken him to the hospital very quickly , he would not be there anymore today !
He was also lucky to do not be an IV user , cause he would be dead by now if he had injected such type of heroin !
He got his heroin from the streets in a big north west city in USA where there have been several fatal OD problems due to those Fentanyl analog laced heroins for a few years .

So , as the title says it , i wonder how , as users , we can try to stop the spread of such type of heroin before it becomes a real epidemy ?

One thing i wonder about is, are there some people who look for such type of heroin or are all the person who use it are doing it because they are not informed about the fact it is laced with some Fentanyl analogs ?

Cause if most users are not looking for such type of dangerous heroin but only gets trapped being sold that, i suppose as users , we can try to influence drug dealers to be much more careful with the heroins they sell , as it's not good for their business anyway, to have so many deaths because of the drugs they sell and it will obviously attract the Police much more than if it was regular heroin they were selling, seeing the number of deaths this Fentanyl laced heroin is doing !

As an opiate user , i am not interested at all by that type of heroin , asi think it is really dangerous, especialy as Fentanyl analogs might not spread evenly in the powder , creating some hot spots that can be deadly knowing how strong are Fentanyl analogs, i much prefer to get some very good heroin , especialy as the heroin effect last longer !
I know someone here who is prescribed Fentanyl, in patches and nasal spray and although he gets his Fentanyl prescription for free , he still prefers to get street heroin than that .
All the heroin users i know here or abroad ( long term or recent user ) also prefer to get true heroin better than heroin laced with fentanyl analogs .

So , as the title says it , i wonder how , as users , we can try to stop the spread of such type of heroin before it becomes a real epidemy ?
Become every drug dealer in the world, and also convince humans that money isn't worth anything.

As sarcastic and dumb as it sounds, it's true. How are you going to tell someone who is making double to triple the amount of money, while in no danger, who doesn't care about your life, to fuck off and stop cutting your drugs? You aren't. I would say, test your shit, find a reliable dealer who you trust with your life, and pray he doesn't fuck you in the ass and kill you with an OD on fent. Heroin will always be dangerous so either synthesize it yourself (not suggesting it, just saying for this instance) or test your stuff and don't go back to the shitty dealers.

There is no drug test kits that work to test Fentanyl !
Also, if some dealers are not too stupid , they will know that multiple death will attract the police and also frighten customers !
I already know many users who stopped scoring from several sources on the Dark Web as they are known or suspected to sell Fentanyl analogs laced heroin !
Some dealers might be smart enough to prefer to keep low profile, not attracting the Police and keep on making money with some good heroin as it's already a quite profitable source of money for them !
This is already what i think we can do by making them understand that and boycotting the suspect ones !
Also by teaching younger people how to differentiate goid heroin with those shits !
I know many people who prefer to use methadone , buprenorphine or pharmaceutical opiates they get on the legal market, better than risking their life for a bag of dope !
I really think they will loose lots of customers this way !!
Also, i read that in USA , some people in the Justice department are thinking to make the penalty harder for the murderers who sell this kind of shitty heroin !
I have been usibg oipates for 25 years and i haven't had any OD for more than 20 years and the two times i had some small ones, it was because i have messed with multiple drugs at the same time , so it was because i did use dope the wrong way !
it's really possible to use opiates carefuly and not put yourself in real danger if you take care of the doses you take compared to your tolerance and not mixing it with some other drugs with which it can be dangerous .

I really think it is the interest of most users to try to avoid that shit spreads everywhere , so we should think about it !
Heroin has always been cut but not always with dangerous stuff and certainly not with some stuff that might be lethal nearly every time !

You can't do anything. If someone really wants to make a fake pill that looks like the real one and put fent in it, or cut dope with fent they are going to do this.

Stay safe.

hm. that is a good question honestly. if only there were some way to obviously tell by like tasting the dope or something if it was cut w/ fentanyl or an analogue. if fentanyl and it's derivatives had a unique taste that could be easily described so the word could be spread to heroin users what to look for to avoid. maybe some kind of law to mandate fentanyl/it's analogues/maybe all potent RC opioids be manufactured w/ the addition of some strong and unique flavouring so it would be easy to pick out in dope. just a random thought. because I know if most people knew for sure there was fentanyl in the dope they wouldn't be buying it and so there wouldn't be as much money made from selling it.

and at least the low level dealers I was buying from when I was using heroin -- they (usually) weren't the ones cutting the shit, that came from much higher up.

at the moment it doesn't look like there's any real way to stop that epidemic honestly. =/

Legalization and regulation would give drug consumers way more knowledge and choice about exactly what they're buying/consuming. But with the current state of affairs with prohibition and black market, it's a free-for-all.

Sure , legalization would resolve the problem but it doesn't seem that it will be done really soon and many lives will be taken in between !
So, obviously it is not easy to find some ideas to resolve the problem but i think it's also the users responsability to try to convince their dealers to stay away from this shit to avoid problems !

Thanks to the admins to have moved the topic to the correct forum !