• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What can I use to slow down the heart rate ?

Its safe in OD, rather than to OD on.

For the OP, heart medications are what you want if you want a non controlled substance. Something ending in lol tends to be what they're named, lol.

GHB less dangerous?? You can easily OD on GHB if you take a little too much. You'd have to eat prescription bottle after prescription bottle...after another prescription bottle to OD on benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines are safer than most any drug on the market just as long you don't combine them with other sedatives. What dope said GHB was safer??

You have a point, I was mainly talking about addiction. But, if you take the right dose of GHB, and don't add alcohol, then it is pretty safe. GHB is very dose-dependent.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend all the other substances that others suggested. No sense in taking an illicit substance to counteract a side effect of a medication.
The safe way (in my opinion) would be to ask a doctor for Inderall (generic: propranolol). It's a beta blocker and its not a scheduled (controlled) drug so it shouldn't be too hard to ask for. Just say you get headaches a lot since that is one of the reasons it is prescribed.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend all the other substances that others suggested. No sense in taking an illicit substance to counteract a side effect of a medication.
The safe way (in my opinion) would be to ask a doctor for Inderall (generic: propranolol). It's a beta blocker and its not a scheduled (controlled) drug so it shouldn't be too hard to ask for. Just say you get headaches a lot since that is one of the reasons it is prescribed.

What medication are you talking about? The OP never mentioned what stimulant he was referring to, so it could also be an illicit substance, but this does not really matter......To the OP, benzos are probably your best bet because they help lower your anxiety and also lower your bp/heart rate.

The short answer to your question is this: No. Your body chemistry is surely different from mine, but I can tell you that, in my experience, a benzo will not help to lower your blood pressure in any meaningful way. I love stimulants, but it was a romance damned from the very start. Because sooner or later, the rational person inside you will peer out from behind those tired eyes and shake his head at the ridiculously high numbers appearing on the blood pressure machine at Wal*Mart. It's scary, very scary...

Benzodiazepines are the best suggestion.
Have you even read all the other suggestions? :\
Always those fucking one-sentence-is-enough-'cause-I'm-the-fucking-professor responses.

It might be contrary to what you would expect (that's the fucking reason you should RTFM/UTFSE in the first place; expectations might be wrong) but benzo's do NOT lower your heart rate. [ARTICLE]
They might lower your blood pressure, which is desirable when using stimulants, but they actually increase your heart rate.

Although the above is concluded from trials in healthy subjects, there is no evidence it would be any different in someone on amphetamines.
Benzodiazepines inhibit the baroreceptor reflex, meaning the brain's 'thermostate' for blood pressure is off-baseline, to which the body responds by increasing heart rate to restore the blood pressure.
Since benzo's also cause your blood pressure to drop by other means, this paradoxically leads to an increased heart rate while the blood pressure decreases.

I was wondering if high blood pressure medicine would work (ACE inhibitor e.g. lisinopril), but I'm guessing it probably doesn't directly affect the heart rate.