• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What can i use best as sleeping pills? tramadol or oxycodon

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcups

Greenlighter
So i just got some TRAMADOL HCI/PARACETAMOL 37,5/325 MG TEVA and Oxycodon HCI G.L 5mg and wich one can i use best to help me sleep. i self dont know much about medicine.
And no i wont smoke weed to sleep because i stopped smoking it and thats the reason i cant sleep anymore. reason why i stopped is i need a 1 month tolerance break.

how about some Tylenol PM or nyquil first?resorting to opiates like oxycontin to help you go to sleep is a little extreme and foolish

how about some Tylenol PM or nyquil first?resorting to opiates like oxycontin to help you go to sleep is a little extreme and foolish

Because i dont have anything like that like i said. i only have thermadol or oxycodon. i got them from my friend and he said test them out and see what works better. and i need a recipe to get tylenol or nyquil in my country,

you need a recipe? lol, wtf? prescription?

Dude, there is no way that it is harder to get diphenhydramine, Nyquil or Dramamine than it is to get oxycodone or tramadol, neither of which are very good for sleep. Yes, they're technically CNS depressants, but oxycodone and tramadol are both pretty notorious for being among the 'speedy' opioids. Definitely not worth the high cost of narcotic addiction for a good nights sleep.

That being said, I wouldn't bother with the tramadol, even with no tolerance I cannot imagine that 37mg of tramadol could produce an effect in anyone regardless of how negligible their tolerance is. The 5mg oxycodone would be the one that you'll feel, but opiates/opioids are not really good for insomnia, even the sedating ones, keep you awake, you just look like your sleeping, but your nodding. There is a difference.

Tylenol PM but please for the love of god, try that first.

If you can get your hand on Tram and oxy then you can find some better sleeping pills the idea that you have to use oxy to sleep is just a bad idea down a bad road to waaaaay bigger problems man.

honestly this 'friend' who recommends ANY opiate for sleep is just wrong. Please go to a doctor to get some sleeping pills anything is better than the opiate path. So many people on this forum will tell you once you go down that road its just stuck in your head and it wont leave you..

I'd say neither are going to help you sleep. I'm the SNRI qualities of Tramadol will keep you awake. As for oxy I find it very very difficult if not impossible to sleep after dosing some.
So I'm going yo urge you like previous posters have stated, try something like Diphenhydramine and it's ilk first.

You could try posting in anonymous or BDD. If you cannot fall asleep at a normal dose of a OTC medication like diphenhydramine, Doxylamine Succinate, or melatonin, go to the doctor. Please reserve questions like this for BDD or anonymous!

Tramadol would not be good for sleeping (makes me hyper). I would just suggest nyquil and take your oxycotin. You should be able to sleep after that. Also benadryl works pretty well.

you need a recipe? lol, wtf? prescription?

In German, the word "Rezept" translates to both "prescription" and "recipe" in English.

And yeah, Diphenhydramine or Doxylamine should be widely available at pharmacies without a prescription.

both Tramadol and Oxy produce stimulation.. Out of all pain pills.. these 2 IMO are the worst for Insomnia.
but if you had. to pick one def go with the Oxy.

The best opioids for sleep IMO are Morphine and Hydrocodone.

I'm gonna awnser what u asked even tho there are probably better awnsers

Take like 4 Benadryl with some oxy u will be knocked the fuck out

Imo 100mg diphenhydramine are overkill, everything over 50mg with no tolerance will just increase the negative side effects.

Also, OP does not have access to any antihistamine sleep aids. I bet trying to kick a opi habit over there is pure hell, no antihistamine, probably restricted access to other meds that would make the ride easier.

Yeah, I assumed that you'd be overwhelmingly sleepy after that much dryl. Maybe even the fun and exciting delirium lol.

Because i dont have anything like that like i said. i only have thermadol or oxycodon. i got them from my friend and he said test them out and see what works better. and i need a recipe to get tylenol or nyquil in my country,
Where do you live?

Man, I just wrote a really long post, and the page crashed on me :(

Anyway, I'll give you the short of it. I decide to self medicate several things, including insomnia (which I've had badly since puberty) using opiates.

End result? 8 month long opiate addiction culminating in using every opiate/oid I could get my hand on, including smack. Non 24 hour sleep schedule (Google it, it's quite lot worse than it sounds), and thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars spent in drugs which mostly consisted of opiates.

What helps (now that I'm clean of opiates):
Melatonin
5htp
Valerian root
Chamomile tea
Having the room completely dark and listening to chill music (like what many people like to do while tripping)
Benzos, especially clonazepam and alprazolam (kpins and xanax)

If you're planning on using the opioids anyway then be VERY careful with benzos or avoid them altogether. If you're on an antidepressant, please research any possible drug interactions between them and tramadol (iirc it's an SNRI, could be remembering wrong though), and also all of the supplements/drugs I mentioned. For example, 5htp should likely be avoided too.

In any case, good luck! Insomnia is so much worse than many people realize, but opiates are not the answer.

Believe it or not, there are some Great OTC sleep aids..

MY favorites OTC sleep aids are-

NyQuil
DPH
Aleve PM (Naproxen/DPH)
Advil PM (Advil/DPH)
Tylenol PM (APAP/DPH)

Or if you can get a Dr to script you something,
my favorite Rx sleep aids are-

Lorazepam (Schedule CIV controlled substance)
Diazepam (Schedule CIV controlled substance)
Ambien (Schedule CIV controlled substance)
Temazepam (Schedule CIV controlled substance)
Trazodone (Not controlled)

Ive tried,

Lorazepam (been on it for the last 5 years)
Alprazolam (was on it for 6-8 months)
Diazepam (was on it for 12 months)
Trazodone (from a friend)
Ambien (from a friend)

Never tried Temazepam, but everyone LOVES IT... For both recreational purposes and for insomnia (what's it's Rx'd for)..

My favorite,
Lorazepam is my #1..
Ive been on it for over 5 years and it's still working strong, and gives me a GREAT 8 hour sleep every night.

Okay guys quick update. (btw i live in the Netherlands) yesterday i took 3x 5mg oxycodone. with 0 tolarance. and yes it helped me alot with sleeping. i have read some people saying that tehy get hyper from it but i think that drugs work diffrently on everyone. and it also can be something to do with my autism. but thanks for all the replies and information :)

emcups, Netherlands, cool. Anyway, I hope you understand the point is that you don't want to make a habit of needing opiates for sleep. On top of that, you'll just build a tolerance to the good effects. For you, even benzodiazepines or more specifically benzodiazepine sleeping pills would do you better then opiates. How come you can't get antihistamines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.