• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What can I expect getting my molar tooth removed?

Iseedivision

Greenlighter

Like the aftercare and how painful it will be and how long will it hurt after it's removed. Thank you what kind of painkillers do they give you and how much do they give you

I think your dentist gonna walk you through, there's nothing else to know on the side of unprofessional vs certified.

Like the aftercare and how painful it will be and how long will it hurt after it's removed. Thank you what kind of painkillers do they give you and how much do they give you
They typically give you novacaine and nitrous during the removal. It can be uncomfortable but you won't feel much pain.

If they do give you opioid painkillers, which isn't guaranteed these days (in the US at least) you can expect around 5-7 days worth of hydrocodone or low dose oxycodone.

Won’t hurt long after removal, although I was doing a lot of heroin when I had mine pulled so didn’t feel much, didn’t get any gas just a stick of novacane, but didn’t feel anything but some pressure when they pulled it

I had dry socket and just thought it was slow to heal. My dental pain threshold is off the charts now.

If your scared or nervous watch this video of Henry V…we’ve gotten so soft

LOL@that guy. "I've got me special clean garments to put on".

I think women should've treated that boy. They gave him herbal tea and singing monks 😐 He needed milk of the poppy!!

LOL@that guy. "I've got me special clean garments to put on".

I think women should've treated that boy. They gave him herbal tea and singing monks 😐 He needed milk of the poppy!!
I would guess the “herbal” tea was something really strong to knock him out or put him in a eternal trip so he didn’t have to deal with the pain as much

I was out for my teeth removal so I couldn't tell you much about the surgery. That being said, I did have to have a chest tube put in while I was fully conscious and novacaine completely eliminated any sensations of pain. So if you're worried about pain during a local anesthetic surgery then request some diazepam because local anesthetics will stop the pain in its tracks.

Its not really gonna hurt much after the surgery, but if you don't do what the dentist tells you and you end up with a dry socket or it gets infected then you'll be in agony. So take good care of the wounds, take the antibiotics as instructed and if you smoke get some nicotine patches beforehand because smoking is one of the easiest ways to get dry socket.

I smoked for both tooth removals of mine, to not get a dry socked you want to put a piece of gauze over the socket, real thick and saliva filled gauze that’s almost packed over the open hole, and most important don’t suck hard , very very lightly as little pressure as possible, I would even keep part of my lips open to reduce pressure…or just don’t smoke ha, but that wasn’t an option for me

piece of cake, changed my whole world, dont be skert

I smoked for both tooth removals of mine, to not get a dry socked you want to put a piece of gauze over the socket, real thick and saliva filled gauze that’s almost packed over the open hole, and most important don’t suck hard , very very lightly as little pressure as possible, I would even keep part of my lips open to reduce pressure…or just don’t smoke ha, but that wasn’t an option for me
I had a friend get a dry socket 'and then' it got infected because he smoked. He said it was the worst pain of his life. But I have also heard of people smoking after tooth removal and getting away with it, there's just no way in hell i'd risk that

Funny story triggered by the dry socket comment. Wasn't funny at the time but it is now.

I have only had dry socket once in my entire life and it was horrible. Until the blood clot takes hold and protects the hole where our tooth came out our jaw bone is exposed. Air on the jawbone is a horrible pain. So I was awaiting sentencing on a weed possession charge in Traverse City , MI. This was back in the mid 90's. I figured if I was gonna have to do any jail time on the charge I better get my tooth pulled the day before as I didn't wanna be in there with the abcess that I currently had.

Next day I went before the Judge and he gave me 10 days. Was kind of shocked actually as it was my first offence ever..I had no record at all. But TC was like that. Tougher than other cities here on that kind of stuff. Oooooh weed. How awful right?

Anyway because i had smoked like a chimney right after the extraction because I was nervous about Court the next day I got dry socket. 2 days in to my 10 day sentence I was in agony. Had the nurse in the infirmary known her shit all she would have had to do was pack the hole with gauze dipped in oil of clove and some anesthetic and the hole would have closed in a day or two and the pain would have been instantly relieved. But she didn't and recommended i go back to the Dentist that did the extraction. So the guards came and got me and said listen..we called the DDS and he will see you as the last patient of the day so you aren't embarrassed to go in there cuffed up and in a jumpsuit. I was thankful.

They came in and got me at 4:30 pm and asked me if I was gonna be a good girl. I said yep...only have 8 days to go and I'm not gonna screw that up. So they cuffed me in the front ( as opposed to behind my back ) and let me sit in the passenger seat as opposed to the back and they were really nice. We got there and the waiting room was empty but the Dentist was laughing his ass off at me. He fixed me up........finished my 8 days pain free........and thanked the guards for being so nice.

Last edited:
you'll be fine after a day or two , as long as your appointment isn't at 2.30
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU