• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What can I do - ran out of Quetiapine

Essentialle123

Bluelighter
I can't fall asleep, having a panic attack. I have benzos and Zolpidem. Am I going to die?
Please help me 😢

Hey there @Essentialle123

You're not going to die. That would be pretty out of the ordinary. You're just experiencing some anxiety. You will get through this. There's no reason why you couldn't use a Benzodiazepine or Z-Drug to fall asleep. Use a reasonable dosage, whatever it takes to get to sleep. Respond tomorrow and we can talk about options for figuring out the prescription. For right now though, just try to get some sleep.

What was dose?

The benzos should help significantly. Diphenhydramine will also help to a degree as it will substitute for the antihistamine effect (wouldn't exceed 50-75mg however).

I can't fall asleep, having a panic attack. I have benzos and Zolpidem. Am I going to die?
Please help me 😢
Well I’d take the benzo for your anxiety that’s what they’re for but my nightly sleep meds are both not habit forming but work pretty dam good 60 mg gummy melatonin and 100 hydroxyzine and I’m out within the hour…

Well I’d take the benzo for your anxiety that’s what they’re for but my nightly sleep meds are both not habit forming but work pretty dam good 60 mg gummy melatonin and 100 hydroxyzine and I’m out within the hour…
God damn that a lot of melatonin, I took a 10mg and was out till almost afternoon, guess I’m lucky that shit works really well for me

The package suggests 20 mg but me being the responsible addict I 3x it,lol
Melatonin doesn't do shit for me, I took 16mg and nothing at all. Now I read about 20, even 60mg 🤔 which is like a whole package at once and while some say you should take one or three mgs. And people on erowid report actual effects. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

Please help me 😢
You probably couldn't find it soon, but if you can find it and you don't mind to wait a bit (to have it around if it happens again, at least...) you can search for rauwolfia serpentina, it's a natural anti-psychotic, it's strong AS FUCK and you should be very cautious with it, don't use more than 0.5g of the powder... at least till you get used to its effects (seriously hypotensive).
Yeah, it is a bit scary but it's also quite effective as a tranquilizer/sleep inducing/antipsychotic.

Always research on your own, obviously

^ I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Melatonin doesn't affect me either be it 5 mgs, 10 mgs or 20.

No CNS activity to it at all and I'm not sure that you can take a naturally occurring enzyme in the body that only regulates our wake/sleep cycle and duplicate it into whatever is passing off as the melatonin they sell these days.

People are just better off using sleep hygiene. The biggest being no false light after 8 pm ( phones, laptops ). Just let the melatonin your brain is producing naturally do it's work. Read a book, have warm milk, have sex. Let it be natural. I'm not sure a lot of the supplements we buy aren't just water, food coloring and some corn starch. None of them are FDA approved for contents nor are they even tested. We could all be swallowing nothing but inert ingredients.

Melatonin doesn't do shit for me, I took 16mg and nothing at all. Now I read about 20, even 60mg 🤔 which is like a whole package at once and while some say you should take one or three mgs. And people on erowid report actual effects. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

Same. I can eat those things like candy.

In Australia you need a script for like 2mg or maybe 5mg. Then it isn't subsidised by the govt and costs something like $45. I thought "you've got to be joking".. Went home and ordered stronger and more from the US and even with postage it was cheaper than the script.

They've probably banned it now. Like they did with Kratom in 2020, which we used to be able to get from the States.

^ I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Melatonin doesn't affect me either be it 5 mgs, 10 mgs or 20.

No CNS activity to it at all and I'm not sure that you can take a naturally occurring enzyme in the body that only regulates our wake/sleep cycle and duplicate it into whatever is passing off as the melatonin they sell these days.

People are just better off using sleep hygiene. The biggest being no false light after 8 pm ( phones, laptops ). Just let the melatonin your brain is producing naturally do it's work. Read a book, have warm milk, have sex. Let it be natural. I'm not sure a lot of the supplements we buy aren't just water, food coloring and some corn starch. None of them are FDA approved for contents nor are they even tested. We could all be swallowing nothing but inert ingredients.
I thought the same, that melatonin was useless, till I got pure melatonin powder. If I use that powder I'm quite sure it does something but I'm not completely sure to which point it is placebo or something else, it surely works, doing... well, something, to help me sleep.

I found that 2mg does nothing to me, I need up to 4-6 but more it's useless too. I read more than once that for some people only microdoses works (0.25-0.5mg...) and that makes some sense since the amount of melatonin released by our own body is probably not much more than that, to induce getting asleep.

But.. you're completely right, if you do some exercise (including sex, or specially sex :ROFLMAO:), you eat properly (some carbs at night, but not too much), you don't use blue lights or artificial lights after dusk, you waste your mental energy (reading for example) and so on.. then it's much more likely to be able to sleep.

I also found that I cannot take coffees (that doesn't happen with other caffeine sources like kola nut or guayusa, for some strange reason) after 15-16 h .
If I do all that I don't need chemical help, the exercise/physical exhaustion being the most important factor.

Natrol 10 mg is the brand i buy , they do make 2,5,10 mg gummies too, 140 count for $25, i ran out of hydroxyzine a few days ago and just been using the gummies and never noticed a difference by eliminating the hydroxyzine so i wont be refilling them anymore but they definitely helped…
When i kicked my valium habit i was using .3 ml of xylazine which would put me out in 5-10 minutes for at least 3-4 hrs a night . It saved me from going nuts the first couple months.

Before the era of bluelight's. literally, before pc's and mobile phone's. \

6 mg Melatonin would put me to sleep during coming down of MDMA. Staggering to bed kinda sleeep. Normally I would have to sit out the comedown. Same for all the other's that i shared it with. But with Melatonin you could easily bypass this phase. Its not impossible this was placebo. But it was a pretty good one if it was.

It probably just works, if you have the right brand. And 60 mg sounds like overkill imo. Or a bad brand?

But you have Benzo's and Zolpidem so even if you couldn't sleep on these. You could chill out on your back till you got your script in for Quetiapine.