• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery What are your favorite herbs/supplements/vitamins for recovery or general use?

Black seed oil for sure. Only thing other than an actual opioid to take the edge off of withdrawal to make it bearable that I've ran into.

l-theanine, which is the chemical in green tea which helps balance the caffeine jitters
this is actually a really great anxiolytic, i take 400-600mg if i am pretty arc'ed up

passionflower, excellent tea for night time, help to unwind relax and get a restful night sleep.

oat straw tea, good for nourishing and also easing some of that tension and anxiety, and it pairs well with....

nettle tea, nourishing, healing, invigorating, one of the most dope plants to me.

damiana tea, this is for stamina, it helps reduce anxiety, helps with mood as well.

chamomile tea is the goat for night time and when your feeling on edge.

cbd oil, good anxiolytic obviously.

magnesium bisglycinate, its one of the better absorbing versions of magnesium. such an important mineral,
great for inflammation, pain in the body.

i'm experimenting with NAC and i keep taking it, but i am unsure if its doing anything, could be on a subtle level.

fish oil, 2g epa a day, kind of a no brainer to me, dont eat a lot of oily fish so fish oil is easy to take, helps
with a lot of things, brain health, probably heart health and other things.

i also want to mention lithium orotate, not to be confused with carbonate
it is a naturally occuring mineral which is at higher concentrations in drinking water in some regions of the world.
i believe it helps counter anxiety and stress, on a subtle level, but a useful tool to have around nonetheless.

Last edited:
Everyone needs a good multivitamin.
I use a probiotic semi daily
I use fiber sometimes
I also have a calcium supplement

I just try to stay hydrated and eat well (which isnt always possible).
I will take a multivitamin, protein shake or other if I remember and cannot eat.
Now kratom (if on hand and is an herb) is a great all around lifeline in most any recovery from substance use/abuse (IME) - even though kratom is considered an opioid.
I want to see whats up with blackseed oil not only for possible future easement but also to see if the anti-inflammatory properties could be helpful to manage aches/pains as this may open the door to drop one substance for one that is less malevolent in the long run.

in my specific experience i just take kratom, aleeve, and B12/Complex every morning :)

Zinc, magnesium, turmeric, vitamin D.

Greek Mountain tea - sideritis scardica and rockrose cistus incanus.

Those alongside exercise and a healthy diet seem to be doing me alot of good.

I also like phenibut hcl but it has been quite some months.
Gotta tub maybe I do a dose Sunday morn if I can remember....