• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Reading V.3 At The Fourth Grade Level

Just dug out my favourite piece of literature in history - Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights.

Just dug out my favourite piece of literature in history - Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights.

I've read that Sprout and although I enjoyed it at the time, I kinda didn't connect to it. Too much of it pissed me off...It's comment of the time was beautiful though. I've not read Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, maybe now I'm a bit older I'd get more from that and WH.

Thank you for the suggestion - anything else?

Anything to avoid war and peace until I'm on my old-aged opioid soothed death bed haha! Sometimes it's good to fear a book and just tackle it mind. Literally.

I read contemporary stuff (that I adore) fast but adore the classics because I have to take my time over them, developing a slow deep relationship with them.

What are you reading now?

Edit: that's not an academic paper or I'll bore you with the latest deprivation index...lol

the way kate speaks about books is perversely sensual. i wanna hold her down & empty my ah.. bookshelf contents into her

Halfway through Adam Robert's latest 'The Thing Itself' - Starts as a sort of tribute to John Carpenter's Thing, but it's really all about that Kant (Kant). Excellent so far, but i love all his books (a better intro to adam roberts would probably be Stone, By light Alone, Adam Robots or Jack Glass).

Nominally 'Sci-fi', so he's not as highbrow as recent posts ;), though i reckon he should be - he knows how to write (he is a professor of 19th century literature though...)

...the best century for books, no doubt

if i didnt have this bastard character-limit id consider typing up the entire..

rebellion chapter of dostoyevsky's brothers karamazov. which is just about the most awesome thing ive ever laid eyes on

^That's an excellent book - i also love the film though it's quite different

Just splashed out on a New Scientist subscription. It's great to have access to all of the back issues again.

It's just yet another Kinsey evolution, I do wonder how many we need before greater society actually thinks about the matter properly.

I'm the kind of guy that has "Right-wing-bigot-Bingo" as a checklist for life so it makes me giggle to think in 50 years I may be that out-dated old codger who is so far behind the times. =D