• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Listening To? V. XXVII Durty Basslines

Slim is still angsty about his ex-wife, Kim. It's odd but I actually know the places he's rapping about.

an ecstasy flashback..

I wasn't aware of that as a possibilty.

However, I have experienced a full blown Liberty Cap flashback as a passenger in my Dad's car with The Wall playing on the stereo. The flashback was over all too quickly but it was quite something to have my perceptions of sound and space altered so profoundly completely unexpectedly and out of the blue. Fortunately this did not happen in the middle of any conversation, things might have become quite complicated if that had happened. 8(

I wasn't aware of that as a possibilty.

However, I have experienced a full blown Liberty Cap flashback as a passenger in my Dad's car with The Wall playing on the stereo. The flashback was over all too quickly but it was quite something to have my perceptions of sound and space altered so profoundly completely unexpectedly and out of the blue. Fortunately this did not happen in the middle of any conversation, things might have become quite complicated if that had happened. 8(

I find ecstasy 'flashbacks' more tangible than any LSD or mushroom flashbacks tbh. I think the whole MDMA experience is so intertwined and governed by music that just listening to that music raises the hairs on my neck and gives me that feeling in the gut like coming up on a good pill. I even get the rush when the music builds to a crescendo.. Makes you wonder how effective placebo (not the group) would be in a club environment - and if this has anything to do with the acceptance of crap pills..

A sort of related phenomenon - 'the contact high' has happened to me at least once that i can definitely recall. Tbh i can only recall it happening with alcohol, though i think it may have also happened when i entered a room full of people stoned out of their minds. You probably know what it is, but for the benefit of anyone that doesnt; its when you enter a setting 100% sober where many other people are either very drunk, or stoned, even tripping. I remember not having had a drop to drink on one occasion and entering a bar very late on in the evening when by then virtually everyone was sozzled to fuck, and the general atmosphere was one of quite extreme drunkenness, and almost instanyly i 'contacted' the drunkeness,. I dunno it it's just the atmosphere or 'the fumes' or what exactly, but it's an even stranger phenomenon than flashbacks imo. 8o

The contact high is referenced in Psychological studies, last time i looked, as a Psychology student i seem to recall that no one really had a fucking clue as to the causes. If 'one' knew how to cause and control it how handy would that be, get pissed or stoned absolutely free and also be able to drive without failing a police breathalyzer, plus no hangover or anything the next day. ;)

Last edited:
Gotta love the femmes, was lucky enough to see them play about ten years ago now. They were opening for The Fall :)