• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

@hydroazuanacaine have you read "Less than Zero" by the same author as "American Psycho" Brett Easton Ellis? I have seen people on here giving it rave reviews in the past. Of course everyone knows the movie. I've very interested in checking it out.

Just starting on, I have no mouth.

Most of my education these days is retrospective. :)

An interview with the author, c. 1976 - some genuine, foresight; with a pipe: Awful obsequious intro but...

The Name Of The Plantation, Which Is Above A Giant Aquafer, Is ROSENEATH.
20190728_080918_64.png

A Harvard Classic.

20190728_080155_64.png

OM NAMA SHIVAYA.

'He From Whom All Worlds Recoil.'

be interested to hear if you find it worthwhile once you do, @somnilicious. though at the moment i have a huge to-read list.

in high school, some people that had ok taste loved The Rules of Attraction by him. they hated the movie, which i thought was alright. people rarely like a movie if they read the book first.

got a few duras novellas checked out. in my 20s i refused to read anything translated, but after The Lover i completely abandoned that standard. i’d lie right next to my fireplace in a giant pile of blankets with a bottle of tawny port and read one of her novellas a day. at the library last week, was happy to find there are a few left that have been translated but not yet read.

Last edited:
One of Us: The Story of Anders Breivik and the Massacre in Norway by Asne Seierstad fresh from the library.

I told the boys get the sawn off, glock and the rest off the gats as I strapped on the bullet proof vest..

"The Tarot" by Paul Foster Case (my version ISBN 0-88053-767-41 current ISBN 0-938002-08-2)

I've been reading this book over and over since 1968 and each time another layer of the onion is peeled back

The Outsider - Stephen King

Did you like it? I listen to a lot of King in.audio book format while travelling/walking, but I didn't really like his newest books, The Outsider as well seemed to lack his earlier finesse regarding structure and keeping the story alive to the end.

@Jack123456 - It got boring and slow around the middle of the book - still only half way through :p

Yeah, that was my impression as well. I'm currently battling my way through listening to Needfull Things but in all honesty I'm probably gonna give it up - I get it, the antiques shop owner is the devil and he's manipulating people to enact their preexisting desires, no need to play through that with 50 different characters... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll start the Dark Tower series again.

Huh. Needfull Things actually sounds like an interesting plot. I might make that my next read.

Dark tower was great I got up to book 4 in college and then dropped it.. I forget why. It wasn't bad, in fact i thought it was really good. I probably just got some fire and got distracted.

Huh. Needfull Things actually sounds like an interesting plot. I might make that my next read.

Dark tower was great I got up to book 4 in college and then dropped it.. I forget why. It wasn't bad, in fact i thought it was really good. I probably just got some fire and got distracted.

Sounds better than it is I fear. I like his older books best.
Dark Tower is really good, although the first one's a bit difficult to get through.

Yeah it's sort of slow but it's short.

Alright im convinced, ill do the dark tower next. I have up to Wolves of the Calla.

What was your favorite? @Jack123456

I really liked dead zone, pet cemetery, and the bachman books. And It.