• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

starting this rn
dRIp9Ok.jpg

i hope it's as amazing as the original series

Going to start Ray Bradburys Martian Chronicles. I last read it when i was a teen so i will probably be disappointed like i was when i read catcher in the rye again though that really was a book for teens i should have known but i still read it all over again and couldn't put it down

Pale Fire -- Nabokov. Most Nabokov is rather good, but I'll admit that some of it is difficult. Nonetheless, my favorite book of his, Lolita, is a rather easy read. I recommend it for everyone, though perhaps not for morons and conservative christians, mormons etc.

Anyone read Infinite Jest? I hear its rather good, but my fear is that it revolves around tennis, which is.....well......tennis....

Don't Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs: (She Thinks I'm a Piano Player in a Whorehouse)

brilliant funny and dark put me off playing pool though

I tried reading this a while ago..
ZAMOR3M.jpg

As others have noticed Rushdie seems to have serious case of ADHD, regardless, the creativity and absurdity of this book is well worth the frustration you'll encounter trying to make sense of it.

4/5*

I finished Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, it was so good!!!! A must read, for sure.

I'm now on The Black Tulip by Dumas. I'm enjoying it thus far! :)

650x366

I was a uper in my childhood and spent my fantastical years on the rivers and in the woods of NM.

edit: damn Sigmond you are chewing through some work:D

Last edited:
The Aesthetics and Modernity book was inaccessible (ova-me-hed) I noticed some philosophy professors will write two books covering the same topic. One for 'the general public' and one for fellow academics. I hope that book was intended for fellow academics because I was lost within 20 pages or so.

A few years ago I noticed I was feeling similar to the author Andy Miller and started to read 'real books' again.

Nearing his fortieth birthday, author and critic Andy Miller realized he's not nearly as well read as he'd like to be. A devout book lover who somehow fell out of the habit of reading, he began to ponder the power of books to change an individual life—including his own—and to the define the sort of person he would like to be.

Throughout my 20's I did the majority of my reading online and ended up not gaining much. I also had the problem of not having read a lot of the books that would be obligated for an undergrad English major. Anyway, I started reading regularly again and now I suppose its bordering on addiction.

I noticed you made an audio book thread, I must not have the attention span necessary to follow a book closely enough in order to retain the material. It's really frustrating..- end ramble -

I just picked this up!
UtRHlpA.jpg

I finished The Black Tulip a while ago, simply amazing but stereotypical for Dumas.

I am now reading Infinite Jest.

Currently reading the first of the four Dexter novels. Darkly Dreaming Dexter.
(The Dexter TV series was originally a novel series)