• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are the recreational dosages of Gabapentin (Neurontin)?

jozart

Greenlighter
I've taken 600mg of Gabapentin before and I couldn't really feel any effects from it. I have a full bottle of 300mg capsules. I'm about a 155-160 pound human and I am wondering what the dosage would be for me to get a recreational "high", or "feel good" effect from it.

By itself, it lacks recreational value. Be careful with dosing, a fatty meal beforehand, could double its absorption. If you did 600mg, go to 800mg. Tritrate your dose each time until you feel its minimal effects..

-SS373dOH

I disagree with the fact that it lacks recreational value, as i have attained quite a nice high from it, but nothing compared to its bigger brother, pregabalin (Lyrica). Either way, shoot for approximately 900mg and see where it takes you, but remember this
1) Tolerance to gabapentin skyrockets very quickly, so leave 4-5 days in between trying new dosages.
2) Gabapentinoids have been known to cause extreme dizziness in some people, so you might get high, you might get really dizzy, or you might get a mix of the two like i do.

Be careful, and good luck

I've been prescribed large doses, upto 1200 mg three times a day and the only effect I ever got was feeling hungover. I finally quit taking it altogether. It doesn't help with my pain issues and yet docs insist that it does so I also quit going to the doc for my pain issues instead use black market solutions..

The dosages really vary from person to person, but I can say that 2,500mg - 3,000mg is not a totally excessive or dangerous place to start. Make sure you eat a meal before you take the pills, one high in fat preferably. Go ahead and experiment, you're not likely to hurt yourself with Gabapentin. Be aware that myoclonus and tics may be experienced at higher dosages.

I accidentally took 4)300mg when I thought I was taking my 100mg pills ..... Even being on them daily , I could hardly drive home - it really varies bt ppl. ...... And it may just fuck with your eyes when you take " enough " , kinda like when you see when you are drunk to me
When I first started them , 300 was plenty to me - don't think you're going to take a bunch and get a mind blowing high like good coke or any other good drug - but it will provide a nice long mind change and make for a great day at the right dosage

The best way to use Gabapentin recreationally is to stagger the dosages in incraments of, say, 600mg taken every 30-45 minutes. The more you consume all at once, the less of the drug that crosses over the blood-brain barrier.

Stagger, stagger, stagger. Same goes with Pregabalin (Lyrica) too. This means you can monitor your doses until you're at a satisfactory high. The effects are unlike a normal "high," though. It's a subtle high with likely chances of being dizzy and experiencing vertigo. A good friend of mine actually experiences restless episodes while on Gabapentin. While sleeping, his muscles jerk a lot. Weird stuff.

i started around 600mg doses every hour but it does take a few hours to feel full effect. and it really depends on what you eat imo. sometimes in the beginnning i feel completely drunk stumbling around, slurrred words etc but that i've been taking them only after a week i have nice buzz throughout the day. since tolerance raises so damn fast i now take 1.8g every 8 to 10 hours. my 90 count script of 600mg pills is almost gone and it's only been 15 days so be for warned about daily dosing such large amounts. i do this every month and havn't experienced any withdrawal just slight rebound anxiety but that's sort of common. good luck and have fun.