View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are the odds of dying during DXM?

anotnon

Bluelighter
I'm planning on taking an amount that would reach 9.7 mg/kg in the form of cough syrup containing DXM only. What are the odds in your opinion from 1-100 that a typical person with no known physical problems would die during the trip?

Last edited:
you gon die.
if people could accurately predict if they were gonna die from taking drugs, no one would die from taking drugs
that being said
you probably wont die
but you could

At that dosage?
Far less than 1.
People take DXM all the time and also abuse it quite regularly and they don't die.
The dangers from DXM come from using it with serotonin releasers (MDMA, cocaine, amphetamines) and doing ridiculously high doses (1,500+ mg)

At that dosage?
Far less than 1.
People take DXM all the time and also abuse it quite regularly and they don't die.
The dangers from DXM come from using it with serotonin releasers (MDMA, cocaine, amphetamines) and doing ridiculously high doses (1,500+ mg)

I don't think you understood what i meant. I didn't mean 9.7 mg. Its 708 mg. 9.7 is just the level that DXM calculators say I would reach based on my weight.

No I definitely understand.
DXM is not dangerous at those doses, especially during a one time dose.
The 0.1/100 would mean the odds of dying when using DXM are 1/1,000; 0.01 would be 1/10,000 and 0.001 would be 1/100,000.
If you use responsibly the only way you will die is from unforseen adverse reactions such as a genetically weak heart but things that are very very rare.
DXM is not a readily dangerous substance if you know what you're doing; again do not combine it with any other drugs for your first time and realize that SSRI medications can have adverse reactions with DXM.
As well your dosage is kind of high but not ridiculously high.

No I definitely understand.
DXM is not dangerous at those doses, especially during a one time dose.
The 0.1/100 would mean the odds of dying when using DXM are 1/1,000; 0.01 would be 1/10,000 and 0.001 would be 1/100,000.
If you use responsibly the only way you will die is from unforseen adverse reactions such as a genetically weak heart but things that are very very rare.
DXM is not a readily dangerous substance if you know what you're doing; again do not combine it with any other drugs for your first time and realize that SSRI medications can have adverse reactions with DXM.
As well your dosage is kind of high but not ridiculously high.

Its not my first time so I know I'm not allergic to it. I'm not on any medications except Clonazepam which I guess would be good to have on hand during it in case I wanted to end it? What do you think? I don't remember taking Clonazepam during a trip or know what it would do

You wouldn't end the trip but if you start panicking (happens occasionally) low dose clonazepam would help.
Don't venture too high with the clono though because you could black out.