• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are the odds of dying during a DXM trip?

anotnon

Bluelighter
I've done it before so I know I'm not enzyme deficient. I'm not mixing it with anything and not on any medications that would interfere with it. I'm taking 708 mg from 2 bottles of 4oz Tussin cough syrup which would be 8.8mg/kg for me. I havent take it in months but I do remember it has a bodyload so realistically what do you think the odds are of dying from something like cardiac arrest, a stroke, kidney/liver/pancreas failure or something like that during it?

Bro, if you are even weighing your odds of possibly dying, you need to ask yourself, is chugging cough syrup the way you wanna go?

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health.shtml
[URL="http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_dose.shtml"]
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_dose.shtml

[/URL]
Those two links contain all the info you need to know to ingest syrup safely.

But honestly man, there are better legal dissociatives out there. Granted you won't find them otc. But if you use your wits and the power of the internet there is no need to ingest dxm in cough medicine form. =D

Cough syrup is so last decade...

If you are young and not experienced I would not recommend "better legal dissociatives" which are more likely to land inexperienced users in trouble. DXM without other active ingredients is pretty safe as long as it's not combined with other drugs or medications. That's the biggest danger factor with DXM.

Cough syrup may be so last decade for you Νιοβη λος but I bet that's just when you were in middle/high school. I don't think the OP is drinking cough syrup to be cool.

If you are young and not experienced I would not recommend "better legal dissociatives" which are more likely to land inexperienced users in trouble. DXM without other active ingredients is pretty safe as long as it's not combined with other drugs or medications. That's the biggest danger factor with DXM.

Cough syrup may be so last decade for you Νιοβη λος but I bet that's just when you were in middle/high school. I don't think the OP is drinking cough syrup to be cool.

Wasn't implying it was not cool lol. It's gross and inconvenient, that's what I meant by 'so last decade'. Kind of like saying CD's are so last decade (they still are very useful though), mp3's are the convenience of the present day!

Why put so much stress on your liver and kidneys by having to filter out all the inactive garbage that's in cough medicines when there are superior drugs available easily, granted you may have to look a little harder than walking into a grocery store to find them.

Taking dxm in pure form is a better idea than ingesting lots of cough medicine. But if you can't find pure dxm or do an extraction, why not just get a better dissociative just as easily as one could obtain cough syrup?

Last edited:
Why not take a smaller dose first and gradually work up? Then you can be fairly confident of surviving.

I don't understand why you would even want to put yourself through that tbh, dxm gives a pretty disgusting and unenjoyable feeling IMO... But to answer your question, as long as the cough syrup you are drinking contains only dxm, you don't have any strange medical issues, are in good health, and aren't combining it with other drugs, the likelihood of death is pretty slim.... You might think that you are dying but the chances of actually dropping dead are slim to none. That doesn't go for everyone though, drugs affect everyone differently so you need to take this into consideration

You have to be on the 2g+ level to possibly die from Dxm alone. It's hard to do. But from drinking cough syrup there's things like acetinomphen, guaifenesin, phenylephrine and chlorophenamine maleate in Dxm containing cough syrups that will kill you in high doses. Besides the guaifenesin that will just add nasty body load to the trip.

Best way to take Dxm?
Robo gels or extract Dxm poliestrix from Delsym and capsule the powder and swallow.