• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous What are the effects of the mescaline ?

Thrax

Bluelighter
Hi friends,

I tested mutiple time lsd, 2cb at moderate and high dose.

I also mixed the both one time, probably the best effects I had.

I've always wanted to try mescaline but very difficult to get in Europe.

So what are the effects ? It is more intense than lsd or not ?

I wouldn't say its more or less intense than LSD. It all depends on the person, doseage and of course the set/setting. I've never had a bad experience with it but a buddy of mine broke into a neighbor's house and tried to bite some cops tripping on mescaline. That same dude can take high doses of LSD without issue but is afraid to touch mescaline again. The best way I can describe it is like nature's candyflip. As far as the visuals go, I'd say its closer to some of the 2C-x compounds which makes sense. The euphoria can be somewhat similar to MDMA and 2C-B. Mescaline is very much its own experience though. Not sure where you are located in Europe, but I'm pretty sure there are shops in Amsterdam that sell San Pedro and peyote cacti. At least there were last time I visited.

Mescaline is a personal favorite of mine and also the (major/classic) psychedelic I tried for the first time most recently (2018 - for reference my first LSD experience was in 1999).

I find mescaline to have a blend of qualities that overlap a bit with psilocybin and with LSD. The visuals phenomena are unique (rainbows, geometry, light play is particularly strong, auras and halos that take on unique appearances and behavior) - headspace is relatively clear compared to psilocybin or LSD (I find psilocybin to be overwhelming at times, while I find LSD to be confusing at times). Mescaline also has some mild-moderate empathogenic qualities akin to the MDxx family, which mescaline is a direct relative of (both are phenethylamines). Body feel has some qualitative similarities to both amphetamine and MDMA, though not as forced/directed as amphetamine nor as inebriating as MDMA.

I do feel that mescaline has an effect of emotional protection that it produces, it seems to make difficult and complicated emotional concepts, relatively easy to approach with an open mind. The psychotherapeutic potential is very notable (though the duration of effect and vomiting early in the experience would be hindrances to this). It lasts 8-16 hours, though it can vary between intense and ephemeral throughout the trip in a way that is interesting. I've often felt like I could talk to a family member while on mescaline, in a way that I would absolutely not be able to do on most other psychedelics. I don't advise bringing non-tripping people into your psychedelic state, this is more just for reference as to how it impacts my functioning.

Overall, I highly recommend it. It's a good one to dose earlier in the day (early afternoon) - I would recommend fasting beforehand for both absorption and to help with stomach discomfort - I would make sure to have a full day to recover the next day as sleep will likely be difficult for a while. I've often missed a night of sleep due to it. Having access to private outdoor space is really nice, and it's definitely worth doing with others as I find it to be a rather social/stimulating psychedelic where conversation flows pretty easily.

In short - it's a winner.

nevr tried it full blown dose.micro dosing this stuff suits me better of all.i guess large dose of mescaline would be incredible,but different than shrooms.its more energetic...being some sort amphetamine....may be i will make a trip this spring inshallah...i would like to do it👍👌

Last edited:
nevr tried it full blown dose.micro dosing this stuff suits me better of all.i guess large dose of mescaline would be incredible,but different than shrooms.its more energetic...being some sort amphetamine....may be i will make a trip this spring inshallah...i would like to do it👍👌
I hope you're able to - it's definitely more energetic than shrooms. That relationship to amphetamine is notable.

Sunny day somewhere beautiful, with good friends if desired. My first trip with mescaline was alone, and was also quite significant, though there were parts of the experience where I realized I would have appreciated some company.

I always tell people Mescaline is like MDMA/MDA on a lower dose but becomes more LSD like as the dose increases.

It’s such a unique experience and probably the most variable in its effects. That may be due to the other alkaloids present though. You have to remember Cacti and pure Mesc are different from each other. The other alkaloids flavor the experience.

I’ve had some cuttings that will have me feeling like I just snorted a monster line of blow and others that have me falling asleep.

At its best though, Mescaline provides this universal love effect. I equate it to, if you understand the MDMA love effect whereas one becomes closer to their fellow man, Mescaline gets you closer with all of creation. An inch worm is on the same plane of importance as yourself, you see we are all equal and all deserving of love and appreciation. It’s so beautiful, words will never do it justice.

I’m realizing I haven’t tripped Mesc in too long, time to go buy some cuttings..

-GC

I always tell people Mescaline is like MDMA/MDA on a lower dose but becomes more LSD like as the dose increases.

It’s such a unique experience and probably the most variable in its effects. That may be due to the other alkaloids present though. You have to remember Cacti and pure Mesc are different from each other. The other alkaloids flavor the experience.

I’ve had some cuttings that will have me feeling like I just snorted a monster line of blow and others that have me falling asleep.

At its best though, Mescaline provides this universal love effect. I equate it to, if you understand the MDMA love effect whereas one becomes closer to their fellow man, Mescaline gets you closer with all of creation. An inch worm is on the same plane of importance as yourself, you see we are all equal and all deserving of love and appreciation. It’s so beautiful, words will never do it justice.

I’m realizing I haven’t tripped Mesc in too long, time to go buy some cuttings..

-GC
I have some synthetic mescaline and some extracted mescaline. I"d like to take a mixture of the two to get the potency of synthetic and the full spectrum of the extract.

It has a lot of the same characteristics as MDMA, but not as much of the loved up inebriated quality. Clearer, less gushy, more directed.

Does Mescaline resemble 2C-T-2 a bit. That one was extraordinary calm and slightly emphatogenic trip, must admit it was taken during the comedown of MDMA.

Beatiful visuals and very serene.

Mescaline is weird in that it one of those psychedelics where you will have distinct moments of complete sobriety before swirling back into deep psychedelia. I've only had it a small number of times, and really only once where I was deeply intoxicated but those experiences were memorable. That said, I found it qualitatively most similar to 2CI and enjoyed that substance much more.

Have you tried any of the "synthetic" mesc yet tryptakid? The stuff I got wasnt mescaline - just some 2c or another phen.

Mescaline huh well it must be entirely different effects from. San Pedro etc compared to synthetic Mescaline Hcl from what I reading here.Mescaline 500mg capsule (1974)quick rundown ...been taking acid already 2 years very regularly ...so when guy at work says you be alright to get home on train ...yah sure.Takes mescaline just before leaving work 40 Min drive to train station, gets to train station ...it comes on like a fkn freight train ....not catching any train lol ,very strong visuals can't distinguish fk all at the station .Guy says you not going anywhere so drives me to his place .Yah it was fkn strong like lsd peak was unbelievably heavy going ...no walk in the park lol.4 has later it settled down a bit then ...remember thinking when it first came on after a little while ....that voice inside saying should have taken half of of ...all things considered a brilliant journey

Mescaline is weird in that it one of those psychedelics where you will have distinct moments of complete sobriety before swirling back into deep psychedelia. I've only had it a small number of times, and really only once where I was deeply intoxicated but those experiences were memorable. That said, I found it qualitatively most similar to 2CI and enjoyed that substance much more.

Interesting. Mescaline (cacti) and 2C-I were the first phenethylamines I'd tried, so comparing them was natural. Once I had a strong cactus experience (including ego loss and heavy visuals), I concluded that mescaline was much better, but I used 2C-I more frequently because it was much less expensive and more appropriate for casual circumstances and indoor environments. Later on I discovered, 2C-E which for me replaced 2C-I for all but the most casual environments. I hold 2C-E and mescaline in similarly high regard, even though they are quite different from one another. As far as drugs that mescaline is similar to? Of those I've tried, I see some vague similarities with 2C-D and 2C-T-2, and of course being a phenethylamine it is more like other phenethylamines than like tryptamines. Really though, mescaline is pretty distinct.

One notable quality to me is that is has a rather strong "signature" in its effects, which I think may give it a strong "spiritual" feeling but also makes it a lot less versatile because it imposes itself more on the experience than a more "clean" or "generic" psychedelic like LSD or 2C-E.