• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are the Dangers Of Blacking out/Seizure When Tripping?

number22

Bluelighter
So now this happened for the second time. I correlate these blacking out seizure things to anxiety attacks. This time around, two friends and I take 2 grams of mushrooms. Good night, I was surprised as to how hard I was tripping at such a low dose. Especially since my first shroom trip was 5.25 grams.

Anyways, 4 hours into the trip, 5 hours after ingesting, this happened. I was barely tripping at this point, already peaked and coming down. Visuals dulling as time goes on. A friend and I go outside to smoke a cigarette. We were talking for a while even after finishing the cig. Then suddenly I started to feel strange, tingly, numb in hands, shortness of breath. So I say I'm really cold I gotta go inside.

After I step in it gets even harder to breath. I sit down and say I feel like I can't breath, then laid down on the couch. Then suddenly my friend is waking me up looking really concerned asking if I'm okay. And I'm sitting there like wtf are you talking about, and then I realized how my body feels. So I said no I feel crazy what's happening. He went to give me water and I immediately had to run to the door and throw up. It was so much throw up, and felt so long. Totally took everything out.

So now here's my question, after I laid down on my couch my friend told me I was kind of seizing out. My eyes were going back and I was just kind of shaking. It didn't go on for too long since he noticed. But what happens when you have no one with you to pull you out of something like that? I've tripped alone more than I have with people and never experienced this. I usually don't even get anxiety when alone.

Would someone just end up forgetting to breath and pass out? Would the visuals lead to dreamlike visuals and lead to one believing it was real, resulting in freaking out and a bad trip?

I believe I was reading some big & dandy thread about seizures and stuff but I always have trouble finding certain answers in those threads.

I would just assume if something like this happened, one would just pass out. Or is this where extremely bad trips begin?

My second trip ever, friends and I all eat an eighth of mushrooms. Smoke on the come up, and one friend was too high and fell asleep before the shrooms kicked in. While sleeping, the visuals gradually became stronger. Eventually he began to believe the visuals were real. Then these visuals translated into the real world. He told me he was no longer in my basement. He was in a different world.

He was freaking out the whole time. He got naked and was just running around my house/backyard naked. It was ridiculous, he did lots of alarming things that night.

I really would like to know! I always wondered where bad trips came from, especially something like my friends. I never understood how you can get to that state, but now I believe its just from being overwhelmed to where you kinda pass out. And then forget you took a drug, and believe everything is real

Damn, that sucks about the seizure or whatever it was. Do you mind if I ask if you're taking any medications, particularly changes since your past trips? I don't want to freak you out because if you're fine now it's whatever, but that's not really "normal", definitely not just the start of a bad trip. It's not unheard of to have seizure-like activity on psychedelics including mushrooms, but it shouldn't be taken as something healthy, but rather a sign that there's something you may need to change or try to avoid. For instance, I have heard people say they've fainted or had spasms on mushrooms in a way that felt like it related to low blood pressure while tripping, so you could have something like that to watch out for.

In my experience, passing out usually has little effect on the strength of a trip. Thinking your trip is real has nothing to do with it either, that's just an effect of tripping really hard. Psychedelics can already stimulate your brain in a way that resembles some aspects of dreaming, so that's enough to take you into another world particularly when combined with their non-dream-like hallucinogenic effects, and they can also stimulate it in a way resembling aspects of psychosis, the hallmark of which is detachment from reality. Furthermore, people who are new to psychedelics often won't understand these things as they're happening and will end up much more easily falling into delusional states than those who know what to expect, like becoming confused as to why their world is so bizarre and malleable and concluding that they must be god or dreaming or something. It can happen to anyone though, it's just a natural consequence of toying with your neurotransmitters in certain ways, ways that psychedelics can do quite well.

Of course, like with all drugs people vary in their sensitivity to psychedelics, so your friend who fell asleep probably just happened to also be more sensitive. I have a friend who used to react like this no matter what dose of what psychedelic he took, whereas I practically never did with the same or even more. Some people are just lucky that way, or unlucky depending on your perspective.

5 hrs in you are still close to the full on effects, maybe just after peak effects,
but what did you go smoke?

if it is marijuana then the situation is clear and nothing to worry about as THC will augment the total "stoned resonance" and that can push you into blackout or white out if you are already stoned. Especially if you are sensitive to psychedelics - one little smoke while already high will push you much higher and Blackout comes after the max high you can get.
Also something like a tremor (that looks like a seizure but not really) can happen with THC.

if it is tobacco then the problem is a different one, but it could be as simple as reacting to a shifting sensation of vertigo or of blood pressure changing from nicotine.

anyway the good thing is you don't need much substance to get ripped, your stash will go a longer way. this is lucky for you.

we just smoked tobacco, but we have been smoking weed during the night.

it was about 25 degrees outside and 75 inside if that would do anything

and as far as medications i just have stuff for my allergies and asthma