• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What are the best ways to come out of amphetamine-induced psychosis?

LH_Oswald

Bluelighter
My techniques don't always seem to work. in fact the last time I started hearing hostile voices very clearly on that 3rd day, I took 3mg of xanax, and strangely that seemed to exasperate the problem. The worst time is when you hear voices and know they are auditory hallucinations, yet I am having to constantly fight my mind from believing they are real.

As far as harm reduction I'm sure most of you will say just put it down after a day and you wont get into a psychosis. Yeah I am aware of this. Sometimes I can't seem to put it down until it's a bit too late. in which case I find myself in need of some sort of way out. And the quicker the better.

I would suggest antipsychotics, if you are so far gone to be hallucinating voices...

First discontinue the amphetamine, then eat/sleep. If it continues, then antipsychotics.

If this is happening to you consistently you should probably discontinue the amphetamine use/abuse. Something like 10% of those that experience acute amphetamine/stimulant psychosis for any significant amount of time never fully recover so it is no laughing matter.

Eat, sleep, rave, repeat. There's clearly eat and sleep in it! Oh, and a beer on the comedown (I chug a lot of it), not a strong one, reaaaally helps. I'm not advocating alcohol use here but I went psychotic the day I stopped drinking while taking heroic doses amphetamine. So there's that. A cola, sugar and phosphate, can help as well, as your enzymes to restore normal dopamine function in the brain need both of these.
Before jumping into psychotics why not try a hypnotic and sleep a bit, at ease, and see how it goes in the morning, and learn from it??

In my worst moments I also noticed Ritalin to be effective at stopping other stim induced psychosis as it dulls out the reuptake and release of dopamine without forcing a traumatic comedown. One concerta pill (54mg) did the trick, not even purposefully. (Never will a doctor propose this and nor should you try it. But just as an example, cocaine stops an MDMA psychosis or overexcited state.)

In my worst moments I also noticed Ritalin to be effective at stopping other stim induced psychosis as it dulls out the reuptake and release of dopamine without forcing a traumatic comedown. One concerta pill (54mg) did the trick, not even purposefully.

I can't say I'd ever reccomend that. On its face, taking a potent stimulant to treat the side effects of another potent stimulant is a ridiculous plan.

Aside from using benzodiazepines to relieve the physical and some psychological symptoms, a short-term course of a strong antipsychotic such as haloperidol would probably be best.

Antipsychotics do not always cure "voices", far from it! My uncle takes an incredible dose of Haldol evryday and still hallucinates like crazy, even (much) more than when he started his treatment, about 20 years ago.
Doctors these days, (in France for the least) tend to be very copious with charging someone with schizophrenia, or committing to starting a treatment of antipsychotica, especially since most professional doctors are more and more turning to the private side of things and that the hospitals are left with wing-nuts not being able to tell their left from their right, abusing the system and going for the money a hospitalization brings in (around 40k a month per patient in France), just to keep these mental institutions running at a bigger scale than needed, as it is payed by the insurance, which won't last long if this keeps going as it does. And as it is now proscribed by the big pharma, (you read that right) psychiatrists prefer to administer injection in the form of palmoate instead of administering oral pills for antipsychotic use as a treatment, and as an exampel, for risperidone, it takes up to 3 months of hospitalization to only just "prepare" the course of injectable treatment! Horridious!
Most schizophrenics don't get cured by dopaminergic antagonists, they are maintained in their pitiful condition of sickness.
Meditation, openness , family, love, and in my experience , forced awakened states of mindfullness trough drug use and social action taking and understanding of ones surroundings (trough therapeutic help or not) are ways to make one surpass its state of mind and learn to live as an adult in society (in my case, I do my best, like everyone else).
I do believe antipsychotics can be usefull in some situations, they've saved my ass quite a few times when my environment wasn't putting up with my overexcited state anymore, but then just as a last resort and to get me to sleep as that was the only downer I had! You have to remind that haliperidol for example fucks with the heart rythm maintaining vectors and can cause a cardiac arrest when combined with high doses stimulants, by exacerbating it!

All that to say that I believe there are better ways, especially in the 21st century, to treat someones delusional state than by using haloperidol. Most people still encouraging this use have learned that from people studying in the 70s 80s, from professors who learned that from scientists who observed in the years 50 that when a rat was given 10mg/kg PCP and then administered Haldol it didn't squeak and move as much anymore in its little box..

The initial use of fentanyl as an anesthetic (back when it was spelled phentanyl, with a ph) was actually given in combination with droperidol (under the brand name Innovar). Not really relevant but a fun fact nonetheless.

I agree there are better ways to come down off amphetamine (i.e. benzodiazepines), but a solid dose of antidopaminergic will presumably guarantee a comedown, even if it may be a little unpleasant.

The initial use of fentanyl as an anesthetic (back when it was spelled phentanyl, with a ph) was actually given in combination with droperidol (under the brand name Innovar). Not really relevant but a fun fact nonetheless.

I agree there are better ways to come down off amphetamine (i.e. benzodiazepines), but a solid dose of antidopaminergic will presumably guarantee a comedown, even if it may be a little unpleasant.
True true. Thinking of how I'm about to binge on 10g NIPP 10g HEXEN, 20g 4-CEC and 80g Eutylone, (should arrive anytime now) I might want to get my hands on some benzos.. As well as sleep tea.

I don't even know what any of those are, but I'm jealous lol
Wish I had 120g of chemicals 😭🤣
imgsrv.fcgi

N-IsopropylPentedrone, a real rarity, produced in 2018, just one batch from what I know, but it's damn good! (and pricey)
440px-Ethylhexedrone.svg.png

Ethyl-Hexedrone, not so rare, probably meh quality but still good, post-ban EU made.
Probably the most popular cathinone since MDPV.
18912.png

4-Chloro-EthylCathinone, pre-ban batch, probably better than the 4-CMC going around produced in EU. Never tried it, but it should shine out at around 200mg IN.
800px-Eutylone.svg.png

Eutylone, Beta-Ketone-N-EthylButylBenzoDioxy, One carbon longer than Ethylone, should be just as good. Batch quality seems to vary from one vendor to another, I have no experience with this vendor's Eutylone yet, but I enjoyed the last batch I had which came out of China and were big pale yellowish translucent crystals.

I'll edit with images.

Last edited:
Best to stay on some antipsychotic medication regularly. I highly recommend lurasidone I’m on 120mg nightly and it works unless I’ve been on it for a few days and haven’t slept or taken my meds. I usually wait until 8pm for bedtime even if I’m tired during the day and take 120mg lurasidone, 100mg seroquel, 2-5 mg lorazepam. Have a healthy hearty dinner, have a beer or two and just close my eyes and breathe deeply until I fall asleep. Sometimes though you need a trip to the psych ward unfortunately. Olanzapine is good and short acting but don’t get put on that regularly lurasidone is so much better

Something like 10% of those that experience acute amphetamine/stimulant psychosis for any significant amount of time never fully recover so it is no laughing matter.

Yeah I'm that guy. The damage is already done. People probably would not believe the shit I've been through. How many psyche ward visits. That I actually jumped through a plate glass window in an ER. The things that I have gone through on the streets is like living in a war with no value placed on life. The whole thing and the many years of grinding through it has lead me to see that i am an animal and a monster. I seem to have been born this way, driven by instincts. Farther and farther away from being a civilized human as the years go by. It is what it is, I guess I have made peace with it.

Yeah I'm that guy. The damage is already done. People probably would not believe the shit I've been through. How many psyche ward visits. That I actually jumped through a plate glass window in an ER. The things that I have gone through on the streets is like living in a war with no value placed on life. The whole thing and the many years of grinding through it has lead me to see that i am an animal and a monster. I seem to have been born this way, driven by instincts. Farther and farther away from being a civilized human as the years go by. It is what it is, I guess I have made peace with it.

Haha your speaking my language...sadly