• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What are the best vaporizers out there?

SaciPerere

Bluelighter
My throat has been inflaming quite frequently lately, I'm a long time(10 years) cannabis user and I'm willing to invest good money on a quality vaporizer as 420 is a major part of my life. Any recommendations?

I've been using a Da Buddha pretty much daily for a good 5 years, one of the best purchases that I've made.

I bought mine off amazon for $200.

I use the Arizer Extreme Q as my desktop vape and have had it around 5 years now, it's fan forced. And for my portable and take away with me vape I have an arizer Solo which is also great. I would recommend either of them. You can youtube reviews on them and most other well known vapes.

I had a Volcano I liked as much as any, but I never found vaping plant matter to be all that enjoyable. Dabbing on the other hand...

For a home vape I would recommend HerbalAire, only caveat is it's not very convenient if you want to move around with it. In terms of performance and quality it's like a Volcano but has a better design for longevity (pump is external so it can be swapped without having to open the main unit like with the Volcano).

Just one other thing I would warn about though, if you haven't tried a vape yet do so before investing in one because a lot of people just don't seem to enjoy the experience so it would be a shame to find that out after purchasing one.

Purple days or any clone of that particular design is my preference.

Built to last, so simple its stupid, but still the best you can buy.

Only caveat is to get a variable voltage power supply to fine tune the temp, the standard 12v works only at a certaina ambient temp, and certain peoples temp preference ie the designer.

But yeah, I've seen videos of purple days vapes getting run over by a truck and they still work 100% fine afterwards.

And if the resistor burns out its like 5$ to replace it which is really the only electronic part of the vape.

Tom and Pam stopped making the Purple Days a few years ago. I think they retired.

It's definitely the most efficient vape I've ever used, but I need a big hitter these days and PD is not cutting it for me unfortunately...anyway you might want to hold on to the one you have because it might be a collectors item someday.

I got an Arizer Solo awhile back and it was pretty disappointing. The plant matter would always get through the grate and into my mouth which was really annoying. It bothered the shit out of my throat too. I guess it's just personal preference but I think water pipes give a way stronger high and use less material. My Solo actually stopped working after a few months and I never even bothered to get it replaced with my warranty, meh...

I've also had a Da Buddah for a few years but I don't really smoke flowers anymore so I haven't tried anything new. It's pretty decent for the money, but there's better out there for sure. My brother also has the Silver Surfer made by the same company (7th floors or Seven floors) but a little more expensive, and I can't really tell a difference other than the angle the whip goes in. They're good for the price though.

I've also been smoking cigarettes for almost a decade and had been for 5+ years before I got the Da Buddah so who knows how well I can tell the difference my lungs are probably gross and fucked up lol. Most of the hash I like the homies aren't into and I think it's because I can't get the full terp profile anymore :(

I got an Arizer Solo awhile back and it was pretty disappointing. The plant matter would always get through the grate and into my mouth which was really annoying. It bothered the shit out of my throat too. I guess it's just personal preference but I think water pipes give a way stronger high and use less material. My Solo actually stopped working after a few months and I never even bothered to get it replaced with my warranty, meh...

I've had mine well over a year with no problems and near all the reviews I have read on it have been positive. It's a shame for you I guess. I've also hardly ever had any green go through the holes in my glass stems (I use the bent stem the most).

I charge mine in the car as well sometimes. I love it, I use it in the back yard and up in the forest and on the beach, at mates places, all sorts of places. Yeah you can get a water attachment for them too, but I havent bothered as it does an awesome job as is for me. Some great vapor comes out of it on heat settings 5/6.

I did do a lot of research prior to purchasing it and the consensus seemed to be that the Solo was the best handheld vape. Mostly I used the straight stem so that could've been part of the problem.

Really I think I just prefer combustion.

Purple days or any clone of that particular design is my preference.

I had bought one of these way back when it was called the "Aromazap." Loved that thing so much. So simple and worked very well.

As mentioned though, they don't make them any more. What are the clones of which you speak?

When I was into vaping/using cannabis I used the magic flight launch box but I wanted one that was small, portable, and discreet. Plus at the time the Iolite that was the only other portable vape around had design flaws, and it was a lot more expensive than the MFLB.

Look around at different brands or types of vapes depending on the one you want, as they're all different.

I've also had a Da Buddah for a few years but I don't really smoke flowers anymore so I haven't tried anything new. It's pretty decent for the money, but there's better out there for sure. My brother also has the Silver Surfer made by the same company (7th floors or Seven floors) but a little more expensive, and I can't really tell a difference other than the angle the whip goes in. They're good for the price though.

I've also been smoking cigarettes for almost a decade and had been for 5+ years before I got the Da Buddah so who knows how well I can tell the difference my lungs are probably gross and fucked up lol. Most of the hash I like the homies aren't into and I think it's because I can't get the full terp profile anymore :(

One reason I went with the Da Buddha over the Silver Surfer is the "hands free" design since I was planning on hooking up my bong to it.

For a home vape I would recommend HerbalAire, only caveat is it's not very convenient if you want to move around with it. In terms of performance and quality it's like a Volcano but has a better design for longevity (pump is external so it can be swapped without having to open the main unit like with the Volcano).

Just one other thing I would warn about though, if you haven't tried a vape yet do so before investing in one because a lot of people just don't seem to enjoy the experience so it would be a shame to find that out after purchasing one.

I LOVE the Herbalaire.

A bit off topic, but I still find that the vapor can come out hotter than I want and make me cough.

I was just wondering if you'd ever heard of or figured out any way to rig up the Herbaliare to some kind of a bong or something in order to cool the vapor??

There's got to be a way.

If you have any ideas let me know.

Or for other people in this thread: do any of you know of any vaporizers that either come with or have an easy way to hook them up to some kind of water cooling system??

I really want to find a way to make my vapor COLD.

Solo -

cloudbubbler.jpg

NSFW:
js3EO.jpg

Crafty and Mighty -

mighty-crafty-water-pipe-adapter.jpg

any vaporizers that have temp control so you can use em for e-liquid as well as weed? and are more the size of a pen vape? Also for it to be inexpensive.

I've heard early Silver Surfer models are top notch, but I've also heard the customer service isn't much fun to deal with.

I had bought one of these way back when it was called the "Aromazap." Loved that thing so much. So simple and worked very well.

As mentioned though, they don't make them any more. What are the clones of which you speak?

Never mind. Did a search myself and discovered the Underdog, which looks lovely.