• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc What are the best supplements to help mimic an opioid or benzo high/content feeling?

Naga Jolokia/Morichi. Doesn't cause excruciating withdrawals but you need to suffer very first before your nervous system gives up and sends endorphins. In addition it is supposedly healthy plant product. Drug-pepper for masochists. Not very boring.
It's a chili, ouch. Capsaicin is known for reducing pain a bit but I wouldn't call it a supplement.

It's a chili, ouch. Capsaicin is known for reducing pain a bit but I wouldn't call it a supplement.
Yeah but taking into account the buzz of eating whole raw chilis has helped me to study and getting fucked with friends while doing weed/booze (well I was the only one doing that) when I was somewhat opioid-naive, I consider it having potential therapeutic value. And it still is really worth something, even though I have sort of accustomed to shittier drugs nowadays.

But really, particularly as OP is not opioid-naive anymore, individual differences in responses play significant role. But I wouldn't just skip it just because it is not supplement and I considered it fit to spirit of question.

The high is real, it is essentially opioid with half-life of endorphin. If you only dare...

I wonder why nobody made endorphin reuptake inhibitors or releasers yet. Or enkephalinergics, even better probably, I'm curious about delta opioid activity. Should be mostly devoid of addiction/withdrawal if i'm right. They had some peptides extracted from frog juice which needed to be injected and never took of.

PCP releases endorphins or was it just enkephaline?
Really? Do you have a source for this? I always thought that dissociatives must be indirect mu and/or delta opioids. They're also oxytocinergics and possibly steroid mimetics (two other theories, found more evidence for the first). Dissociatives are such awesome compounds, it's a shame that I am cut off my supply at the moment.

All in all, PCP is so dirty drug that it is perfect for psychotic, painless, manic, super-powered cop-thrashing

I don't know what this means in practice but enkephaline-neurotransmitter is related to this opioid-receptor-thing, right?

All in all, PCP is so dirty drug that it is perfect for psychotic, painless, manic, super-powered cop-thrashing
Thanks for the link, will read it!

I never got my hands on actual PCP despite some attempts, seems it is only popular in some areas of the US. But I've done every second legal/research dissociative and most of them are lovely, specially methoxetamine but also R-ketamine and deschloroket (DCK). Most felt pretty clear and weren't that psychosis inducing for me so far, this changed when I got sleep deprived but overall I love dissociatives. But painless, super-powered, anxiety-free states for sure.

Also increased my physical stamina by quite some extent.

Are you experienced with PCP?

I don't know what this means in practice but enkephaline-neurotransmitter is related to this opioid-receptor-thing, right?
Yeah, enkephalin-transmitter will mean release of body's own delta agonist.

I am no experienced with PCP, wait a minute, Ive done two times so.e of the meo-compounds, maybe 3? The one with fucked up dose-response-curve, uh, does that help?

And you are right many NMDA-antagonists are pro-corticotropic-steroid or whatever; just awesome to have some exercise. Ketamine also makes me SHIT and my palms sweat like crazy.

No I have no support to cite for pro-steroid-effect, but listen carefully; I AM CERTAIN!

I am no experienced with PCP, wait a minute, Ive done two times so.e of the meo-compounds, maybe 3? The one with fucked up dose-response-curve, uh, does that help?
Will be 3-MeO-PCP. Once it felt great, entered right into a hole, while other times I didn't like it much.

And you are right many NMDA-antagonists are pro-corticotropic-steroid or whatever; just awesome to have some exercise. Ketamine also makes me SHIT and my palms sweat like crazy.
Oh yeah, specially ketamine increases my stamina heavily. I think we had a thread about arylcyclohexylamines being possible steroid-mimetics but I can't find it again. In other places the usual consent is that we don't have evidence but I'm almost certain as well. What's more researched are testosterone production depleting effects of some arylcyclohexylamine which might support the theory. I was in good shape during my (ab)use (ab because over-used) of deschloroketamine despite not doing much exercise and this changed after ceasing the disso and maintaining just on methadone and morphine. Can't recommend that, dissos are superior.

Yeah kolnpin is one of my favorites for benzo but still can't spell it sorry guys..kpins, psuedoephedrine, and kratom used to be my combo to mimic the experience back in the day when I had to go without for a long while.

In fact back in the day I used to be on a crazy cocktail of Roxy, kpins, valium, xanax, and 30mg adderall or high dose of vyvanse. And when things got nasty without my opioids I would double down on the adderall or vyvanse(imo vyvanse is so much fucking better because I don't feel as jittery or geeked out and come down is smooth, don't get me wrong though definitely still had me up & at it.) And then gentle with the xanax. It's just weird to me how well uppers work when in withdrawal...yes it does make shit worse but with a lope or 2, pepto and a must need never ending hut for benzos this shit got me back on my feet in the driver's seat ready to go to work.

Nowadays I have trouble getting my hands on any uppers and when I run out of roxi or vicodin I am COMPLETELY FUCKED, absolutely no hope for ambition. I think I need to talk to a doctor about ADHD or something maybe.

if there were otcs that could provide what op is asking they would be scheduled with a quickness... just my opinion

Phenibut isn't anything like phenobarbital, it's a gabapentinoid (like gabapentin, pregabalin) and a GABA-B agonist like baclofen.

Rhodiola is weird stuff. First time I've used it was with some methylphenidate (prescribed) in my system and it led to a jittery but not too uncomfortable feeling of overstimulation, so I put it aside for a while. Years later I've acquired some again, they sell it here in pharmacies in standardized quality so I doubt that it's a quality problem - I feel absolutely nothing from it. Not from one, not from three or four capsules (recommended is 1 per day). Never had maca before but it's on my extended list of to-try drugs and herbs. Ashwagandha was another one which did have absolutely zero effects on me, even from 8-10g which should be an overdose. Possible that it was bunk quality but I'm not so sure, wouldn't be the first drug which affected me very differently than supposed.

@emkee_reinvented On which salt of valproic acid are you, sodium or magnesium, and instant or extended release? They put me on VA sodium XR some years ago when I entered the psych ward with taking memantine, which they said they couldn't give me because offlabel and not-wanting-ism so I got first 100mg IR, then some days later 400mg XR. The effects were indeed not too bad, smoking cigs on it gave me an unforgettable rush, and overall did it have some anxiolytic effects without affecting my mood otherwise. Upped that to 600mg after some weeks. I think I was on it for maybe 4 months, at the end of this period I began to feel physically sick and lost a good part of my hair (read later that it depletes biotin in some people and should be supplemented with). Eventually I stopped it and my body recovered slowly.

Time later I was desperate for something legally prescribable to help me and I agreed to try valproate again. This time they started me with 300mg IR magnesium salt and this hit me like a hammer. My whole digestive tract began to hurt like a motherfucker, inflammation and hell knows what. Diarrhea too. So bad that I've lowered the dose and stopped eventually after a few days. This stuff is definitely nothing to take lightly, but I wonder if my reaction was either because of instant release and/or the specific Mg salt.

Do you have experiences with ginseng, mace and/or other adaptogens? Would you mind to give a short report about? I'm currently interested in this stuff but so far most of the herbs were a disappointment, the latest one was polygala tenuifola. a putative triple reuptake inhibitor with good reviews on Reddit etc. but I dosed up to 6x the recommended capsule and got, again, zero effects :(
The sodium version. Didn't know thee was a magnesium version.

Is it different ?

Ohhh I have one. 9-MeBC + caffeine= amphetamine light, with a little bit of a weird body load going on. Maybe not gonna work if someone has caffeine tolerance. One might add Tyr/DOPA or maybe even bromantan for extra effectiveness i guess.
As for Benzos, a really high Ashwagandha dose would do the trick, bit it's not worth the side effects. Especially since the buzz lasts like 50 min. Made me question the overall effectiveness of the supp.

OHHH i just rememberd another one. Fucking Pregnelolone. It doesn't need to mimic a benzo's effect, it HAS it's effect. Converts to a neurosteroid that binds to benzo site on gaba A.
Maybe enhance with reasonably high Ash dose, oxiracetam and a whole lot of Picamilon and you should be pretty zooted

Kratom is nowhere close to an opiate. Physical dependency is a bitch. Don't get started with opiates and you'll never have to worry about quitting them.
Mark