• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are some things you do to pass time on lsd?

Hi.

Greenlighter
I'm about 4 hours in on my first lsd trip but it's a little boring right now and my mind is scaring me a little bit so what are some things to do to pass time while I'm sitting here with not much to do? Should I give myself tasks or something? Is there anything I can do to take some the edge off so I can come down a little bit? I just walked for about 4 hours straight and my sitter had to leave so I just need something to do and keep my mind at ease.

Physical activity is usually best I find. Music also helps. Don't be afraid to just pace around the house and think. Interact with your pets. Clean up that mess you've been meaning to get to for months. Litterally anything that you can do that won't endanger yourself or others is free game!

Take a hot bath, fiddle around with an instrument, watch Eric Andre Show skits on youtube, anything my man!

Here's my favorite piece of music for when I'm realllly in the thick of it with LSD:

Some visualizations won't hurt...
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/779992-Psychedelic-Visualizations

If I remember well you were the one tripping alone first time. The key to trip alone is to have a plan, try not improvising. Of course you can change the plan anytime.
What I do is (in order of amount): think eyes closed dark room, listen to music, write ideas, have a walk in the country-side, enjoy the views. Play music. I try not to watch screens but others enjoy doing it. And you should enjoy the visualizations.

What would you do when your best version is on? Not looking for new perpectives on you, live, the others and the world? Believe me you can find really interesting thoughts rarely available in your mind. (that should start you thinking)

And you can take a benzodiacepine if you want to cut edges off.

Last edited:
Play an instrument.

Or if that's not your thing, try making another kind of art. Write, draw, whatever.

I beg to differ that having a plan is what makes a trip great. All of my best tripping experiences have been spontaneous impulses that turn out great, like rolling around in a pile of clean laundry. Just do things that come to your mind, you can do anything. Imagine how you pass time sober... how is it all that different?

^ I agree. :)

Whenever I asked my old friend Max what his plans for the day were, he would always say, "No plan." He was a cool guy.

I beg to differ that having a plan is what makes a trip great. All of my best tripping experiences have been spontaneous impulses that turn out great, like rolling around in a pile of clean laundry. Just do things that come to your mind, you can do anything. Imagine how you pass time sober... how is it all that different?

a lot of times when I have had plans before a trip, once the trip started the plans seemed utterly ridiculous. But other times, plans can work really well. I always try to have music planned out because music is one thing that doesnt seem so ridiculous when tripping.

I'm happy you differ. I want you to refuse all my suggestions :)

My reason to have a plan is avoid at all cost the situation OP found himself and that happened on my firsts solo trips. The situation of feeling disoriented and not knowing what to do.

I feel is very important when you are new in this the psych up during some days before. Read, think, talk about this. And then it's good to have a schedule to follow so always know what you can do. Recreate it in your mind. Imagine what would you do if...
Of course you can be as spontaneous as you wish but if confusion calls your door, you got some ideas from before it came.
I wouldn't take any strong decision under psychedelics. I'll write it down and check it when sober.

YMMV

^Preparation is fine and dandy, I just think planning your activities/music before hand is kinda fool hardy. Every time I make plans before a trip, I never end up following them. I think that's what's fun about tripping, the utter confusion at times, the joy of discovering the bliss of something totally mundane like taking a walk through the woods just 'cause you feel like it, etc. Something tells me the OP's trip is over by now, but hopefully our advice and suggestions have helped.

Let us know how things went OP :)

Planning is important to create a goal, a mission that you can build the day around doing. Something like finish a drawing and walk to somewhere nice. Good for the sense of accomplishment and of not 'simply' just tripping
Any weird shit that happens on the way is the beauty of the trip.
Oh and as was said before, music makes all the difference, change it up, try new sounds and it can blow your mind

Music is always good, as are movies (especially ones that are already kind of trippy). I also love reading on acid. Everything seems so much cooler and more profound. The other day I was reading about Hoffman and how he discovered lsd while I was tripping and it was a mindfuck in the coolest way possible.

I usually plan something general like "first 3 hours spent dealing with the come up listening to music spending time in quiet reflection. Then part of it is spent with friends or seeing live music something way more interactive." For example the first time i did mescaline extracted myself i planned to spend about 4 hours in awe of what i did while listening to music and exploring before i figured that would get boring then it was off to a friends house followed by going to a dj set and finally k holing afterward.

All of those plans were set in advance with the disclaimer "if i feel like doing so" and everyone knew i was doing mescaline for the first time alone so it was all loosely based but i ended up doing it all. But yeah i usually plan in blocks so like x hours alone x hours out, not like first im doing this second im doing this, that is way to rigid and defined for my tastes.

That last bit is funny because i am literally all about dosage and scheduling to the point where i set my phone to go off in the club if i plan on candy flipping based on the exact right time to take the molly to be able to sleep to go to work. I'm the type of guy who weighs everything and takes it at designated times yet i dont fully plan out my trips because thats too much.

What are some things you do to pass time on lsd?

Just think!

I like to put the music on in the background usually just the radio, cartoon network on the TV with no sound

Cartoons are great and its amazing to look at the images and close your eyes and let your imagination flow

I have only tried 1p-LSD not the real thing though

My favorite thing to do on LSD is watch "Yellow Submarine." Driving is a close second. Wait that makes no sense. Oh, I was gonna say concerts are cool. Have you ever played an instrument on stage for people tripping? That's fucked up.

I like to go for walks. I used to live in this house with some friends and I ate two hits that were very very strong and on our front porch were these chairs that had just been with the house for years as renters came and went. Anyway, one of the rocking chairs facing me had this really trippy intricate sun-face and the porch faced the street and the moon and a street light. It was all melting and vibrating and I'm sitting there smoking a ciggarette and there's people everywhere and I'm just like "wow nobody has any clue how fucked up I am."

It's a little after the fact now but I advise psychonauts to invest in a Tibetan singing bowl. They range from very low to very high in price and are readily available from amazon and similar sources. Takes about 5 minutes to learn to play it with plenty of video demos on youtube. They aren't just for trippin' either!