• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What are some good books/magazines to send to your wife in jail?

astr591

Greenlighter
my wife is in jail for the next six months for a money crime. I might a lot of flack for supporting a criminal but since she has no history of this her crime wasn't against me or our child so I am willing to stick by her. I was wondering what are some good books or magazines out that are good to send to an inmate.

, I honestly don't read much and I was thinking maybe there were some good specific books you can send to someone in jail. She's 37 if that helps . Don't even know what books are targeted toward that age group

The types not allowed are things inciting racial hatred, rioting, making drugs, violence or escaping from jail but that's nothing to worry about she would never read that kind of stuff anyway

main thing I wonder if there are some good specific books or magazines for someone in jail. And also maybe what kind of books or magazines would not be a good idea

th

You should get some books from The New York Times best seller list. That's what most inmates read. And when shes done with them, she can sell, trade or pass them onto less fortunate inmates.

My 37 y.o. female neighbor reads Vanity Fair, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping etc.

Water for Elephants, Time Travellers Wife, The Book Thief, Memoirs of a Geisha - all good, light reads.

When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron (American Buddhist nun)--plain language, profound advice, empowering read.

Couple of long and great novels: Cutting For Stone and The Red Tent. And The Raj Quartet can be bought as all four books in one.

If I was in jail, I'd want that cat magazine. For sure.
Also, good for you. I'm sorry she's in jail, that's tough, but that's amazing that you're sticking by her regardless. As long as it isn't abuse (which you said it wasn't) or anything "really" bad, then that's great.

I'd honestly just go to a book store and ask the people there to pick out a few books as a gift

op, she's your wife. you talk like you have no idea what she likes. what does she like?

alasdair

Dean Koontz's Fear Nothing and The Odd Thomas series

Stephen Coonts - Saucer (The First Book In The Series)

Daniel Kahneman - Thinking Fast and Slow

The Game of Thrones Books are huge and well loved by fans

Those books are all very good in my humble opinion.