• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What are peoples opinions on Codeine for pain/high?

elgoucho9

Bluelighter
So been using codeine CWE's to counter pain from some injuries sustained recently. See once you get the dry mouth and the feeling you want to smoke. It feels pretty decent to me personally. Like as someone who despite past addictions, has no real opiate tolerance. Say where oxycontin or h i would feel right out of it. With the codeine I'm just functionally high, not being sick or super constipated etc lol.

What's peoples opinions on it as an opiate in general? I also notice it doesn't even kick in on me til i smoke a joint. Weed becomes about 10x as appealing.

I put it in the same strength class as basically hydrocodone. I think they are similar in some way. VI-codine literally means 6 times the strength of codeine so 5mg hydrocodone = 30mg codeine. I'm not super knowledgeable about pharmacology but I'm sure a simple search would reveal how similar they are molecularly.

Have never used it specifically for pain. Once my tolerance got high enough, even a few of the 30mg codeines didn't do a whole lot beyond improve my mood a little and tickle my dope receptors. Had some syrup one time that got me feeling right as rain though.

I believe there is more of a histamine release with codeine in comparison to other opiates. So it makes you a little more itchy.

Take this all with a grain of salt, someone more knowledgeable may come along. I've never done cwe or had codeine in large amounts. My experience is mostly based on oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, tramadol, and heroin. But this is just my general understanding of it. A certain portion of it metabolizes into morphine, so there are some obvious similarities there.

So I've reached a point where codeine wouldn't be strong enough of an opiate to give me a high, but I do like to keep some around for pain relief if needed.
Been through the CWE process before and enjoyed the high from that, especially after I've been away from H for a couple of months. Those Tylex 30's are quite serene when your system has had a break from opioids for an extended period...

As an opioid in general its nice, but you will build a tolerance quite fast in my experience.

I put it in the same strength class as basically hydrocodone. I think they are similar in some way. VI-codine literally means 6 times the strength of codeine so 5mg hydrocodone = 30mg codeine. I'm not super knowledgeable about pharmacology but I'm sure a simple search would reveal how similar they are molecularly.

Have never used it specifically for pain. Once my tolerance got high enough, even a few of the 30mg codeines didn't do a whole lot beyond improve my mood a little and tickle my dope receptors. Had some syrup one time that got me feeling right as rain though.

I believe there is more of a histamine release with codeine in comparison to other opiates. So it makes you a little more itchy.

Take this all with a grain of salt, someone more knowledgeable may come along. I've never done cwe or had codeine in large amounts. My experience is mostly based on oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, tramadol, and heroin. But this is just my general understanding of it. A certain portion of it metabolizes into morphine, so there are some obvious similarities there.

Yeah maybe it is the added histamine release, but with a smoke I'm finding it quite euphoric at doses of say 240mg ie full box of cocodamols CWE.

For some reason I'm sure doing CWE or the lictus feel better than codeine phosphate tablets consumed orally. Though I have no explanation for this and could be talking rubbish. Just seems to be my experience with it.

It's like with the smoking thing aswell. I get more high smoking weed with codiene, than I do say oxycontin, like the same synergy is not there. Very odd but I think it is something to do with the histamine release.

I used to feel codeine a long time ago, now other than mild pain relief, it does nothing for me.

My opioid of choice is Dilaudid.