• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What am I supposed to feel on valium? When will it kick in?

den4

Greenlighter
So I took 5 mg, its been 20 minutes, don't feel much.. Just a bit relaxed, thats it... Should I take more? How much more? Also, how long does it take for Valium to work and what am I supposed to feel?

That is valium and pretty much most benzos. They don't have an inherit high like weed or alcohol. You mostly just feel relaxed and not anxious. If you take more you likely won't feel anything more, but your decision-making will get worse. You really don't feel benzos until you do something really dumb, then you realize you're really fucked up but still feel sober.

Took another 1o mg. Its funny tho, it seems I cant remember taking it. Im рretty sure I took it tho lol

Do you think it will be okey if I have a few beers? I read somewhere that valium and alcohol give you a stronger buzz? 20 mg Valium and a few beers, would it be safe?

Do you think it will be okey if I have a few beers? I read somewhere that valium and alcohol give you a stronger buzz? 20 mg Valium and a few beers, would it be safe?
Mixing alcohol and benzos is one of the biggest causes of OD's and is asking for a night of stumbling, ranting, running into walls, not having an idea what youre doing and potentially killing someone then waking up not remembering. The thing with benzos is youll be high and not even know and keep taking more and more till you wake up with your bottle empty. Drinking will just make that worse.

Had 2 beers, stayed awake for a few hours. Then fell asleeр.

Btw, if i took some diazeрam in the morning, can I go out tonight and have a few drinks? Its been like 12h..

Do not drink on benzos, it's not a matter of if you'll black out but when. It's fine if you are only taking a very small dose of benzos and just having a few beers but anything more then that and amnesia, stupid decision making, and retardation sets in fast.

The reason you don't remember taking a dose of diazepam is because benzos cause short term amnesia. This is how people end up blacking out, since benzos don't produce a very noticeable high people take more. Then they forget they took more and take even more because they feel they aren't high enough

Benzos are not fun, they don't give a high, they just kill anxiety and increase inhibitions. If you have a social phobia or are generally anxious then you might find them kind of fun because of not feeling anxious when you normally would. So if you are just sitting around being bored benzos lose their appeal fast because they don't get you high in a way thats entertaining on its own.

I drank heavily on a daily dose of 2mgs of xanax for years, but I wouldn't recommend it. A few valiums and a few beers probably isn't going to hurt imo. Valium is pretty weak as far as what I've experienced anyways.

Had 2 beers, stayed awake for a few hours. Then fell asleeр.

Btw, if i took some diazeрam in the morning, can I go out tonight and have a few drinks? Its been like 12h..
Not trying to be "that guy" , but from your previous posts and this one it seems your a little eager to go "overboard" with no experience and ask AFTER rather than before taking something... Please do yourself a favor and take more time to research interactions between different substances. Its very hard to overdose on a singular drug , but once you start mixing its Russian roulette. Stay safe!

2 days ago I had 20mg and 2 beers. Felt not much, fall asleep after beers. Few hours later woke up sober.

Yesterday I had 3 beers.

Today 20 min ago took another 20 mg.

My question, is there still Valium or Alchohol in my system? How much more is safe to take? I'm not gonna drink tonight.

den4.

Regarding your Valium:

On an empty stomach, a 5mg tablet of Valium may take about 20 to 30 minutes to start to take effect, may have a peak effect in 1 to 1-1/2 hours, and it's effects may last for approximately 6 hours. How you feel taking 5mg's depends on your weight, did you take it on an empty stomach, etc. Generally speaking, you'll feel a bit more relaxed, and perhaps a little uninhibited.

I'm basing this on how I felt when I took it, and factoring in the fact I have a high metabolic rate, and a high tolerance for anything, whether I've taken it before or not. It seems to take more of anything for me to have the same effect as other people.

I'm not sure if it was prescribed for you, or if you're just "experimenting" with it. 5mg of Valium is relatively safe, although if you take a few each day, for an extended period of time, you will more than likely become at least a little bit dependent on it, and you shouldn't suddenly stop taking it. You should very slowly taper off of it. Stay aware of that.

As far as Drinking Alcohol With Valium, or Any Other Benzodiazepine, I'd either have to say "Don't Do It, Period", or "2 Drinks At The Most". But from reading your posts, you probably wouldn't stop at 5 or 10 mg's of Valium, or 2 Drinks Tops. That's not an insult. You will probably feel really good, and start saying to yourself "Ah, I'll have a just a little more. It won't hurt anything."

If you want to read about what the outcome of this can be, Google "Karen Ann Quinlan", and take a few minutes to read about what happened to her.

BE VERY CAREFUL.

R.

Last edited:
2 days ago I had 20mg and 2 beers. Felt not much, fall asleep after beers. Few hours later woke up sober.

Yesterday I had 3 beers.

Today 20 min ago took another 20 mg.

My question, is there still Valium or Alchohol in my system? How much more is safe to take? I'm not gonna drink tonight.

I Just Re-Read Your Posts.

Yes, there is both Valium and Residual Alcohol in your system.

Depending who you ask, or what you read, the half-life of Valium is rather long....possibly 20 up to 100 hours, or more.

May I ask how old you are? It sounds like you're "Playing With Fire".

If you want to learn the hard way, keep doing what you're doing, and IF you live to regret it, you'll have some of your answers. That might sound abrupt, but I'm just "Telling It Like It Is".

I take prescription Klonopin (Clonazepam), which is a Benzodiazepine similar to Valium (Diazepam).

I've crawled through muddy ditches in a Jungle down in XXXXXXXX, with my M-16, live "small arms fire" flying inches over my head, mortar fire landing everywhere, and a freaking "enemy tank" not far away. And I sometimes wonder if coming off Benzodiazepines was worse than that experience when my Klonopin (Clonazepam) prescription was destroyed by a down-pour while camping out in the middle of nowhere, causing me to go through Severe Withdrawals after 2 days without it. Trust Me....You Don't Ever Want To Go Through Any Type Of Benzodiazepine Withdrawl. Period.

As a matter of fact, I'm going through some Klonopin (Clonazepam) Withdrawal Symptoms as I'm writing this, from only having to REDUCE my dosage more and faster than I should. If you feel like you would like the details of that, read the thread I started in this site under "Forums > Focus Forums > Other Drugs > (benzos) Advise Needed For Klonopin Withdrawl", and my "USERNAME" is "FLEXURE".

Once Again, Be Careful.

R.

Last edited:
Flexure, you should have had some benzos or opiates while crawling through muddy ditches behind the gods arse as it will take most edge out of it :)

Trust me I know that.

As they say there are no atheists in foxholes - unless they are high on benzos or opiates.

I drank heavily on a daily dose of 2mgs of xanax for years, but I wouldn't recommend it. A few valiums and a few beers probably isn't going to hurt imo. Valium is pretty weak as far as what I've experienced anyways.

Xanax is also much more stronger than valium but has a shorter half life elimination where as valium has a much longer half life.

Do not drink with benzodiazepines under any circumstance. I had to learn it the hard way (Not going to go into details but some pretty bad things happened that cost me a lot of money I couldn't afford).

Just don't mix them plain and simple.

Use them as intended by your general practitioner.

Insomnia, Anxiety, Panic attacks ect.

Dont see a recreational value in taking valium, doesnt almost no effect, BUT whenever I take valium and smoke, I don have any anxiety at all. I would often have panic attacks with weed, but in mix with valium there is not even one scary thought in my head and it makes weed high amazing and beautiful..

Xanax is also much more stronger than valium but has a shorter half life elimination where as valium has a much longer half life.

Do not drink with benzodiazepines under any circumstance. I had to learn it the hard way (Not going to go into details but some pretty bad things happened that cost me a lot of money I couldn't afford).

Just don't mix them plain and simple.

Use them as intended by your general practitioner.

Insomnia, Anxiety, Panic attacks ect.

Please heed this poster's warning/comment on the half-life of Valium. It's relatively long and the effect on the user should not be undervalued. It's very real and could potentially have serious consequences. Be safe OP!

Like valium effects last 5 to 12 hours. But as you said, its half life is much longer uр to 1оо h. Does it mean you cant take any more downers in the next 1оо h?

Like valium effects last 5 to 12 hours. But as you said, its half life is much longer uр to 1оо h. Does it mean you cant take any more downers in the next 1оо h?

By downers you mean depressants or other drugs?

Benzo's shouldn't really be mixed with anything as far as I'm concerned. Though I did use some alprazolam on a cocaine comedown and it helped with the rebound anxiety from the ephedrine it was cut with. I would strongly advise not to mix benzo's with anything else though especially alcohol as they can unpredictably potentiate each other.

I'm currently trying to taper of a heavy alprazolam habit and it's one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. Far more difficult that quitting cigarettes.

Today marks the day of my next week of only 3 bars a day 1.5 in the morning and 1.5 before bed (Still far too much). The week after that going to try taper down to 1 or 2 bars a day until I'm off them completely.

Yes I'm also well aware I'm tapering off them too quick but I do have more to take if I feel like a seizure is beginning to start or I feel unwell.

Deressants aye. What I mean is it dangerous to take alcohol, oрioids or benzos before the half life of valiums end.. It is uр to 1oo h which is quite a long рeriod of time..