• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What age is appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a mother myself, i wouldnt want my daughter socially networking on this site at 16.

i dont care how valuable and at times life saving the information this website provides; i truly feel that you have to possess a certain point of life maturity to ingest it entirely.

im not at all comfortable with a 16 year old girl interacting with and taking on the life experiences of those much older and more experienced than her. its way out of your league. come back in a few years sweetie <3

...kytnism...:|

as a mother myself, i wouldnt want my daughter socially networking on this site at 16.

i dont care how valuable and at times life saving the information this website provides; i truly feel that you have to possess a certain point of life maturity to ingest it entirely.

im not at all comfortable with a 16 year old girl interacting with and taking on the life experiences of those much older and more experienced than her. its way out of your league. come back in a few years sweetie <3

I understand your point of view as a mother, but I'm afraid I'm not going anywhere. There's a lot of things I've been through that I haven't shared with the forums that have caused me to possess a certain amount of maturity, maybe not as much as others who post here, but I'm probably beyond the maturity of your average 16 year old. Perhaps not that of someone as yourself, a mother, but I do believe and my own mother (who knows I use this site, and thinks its wonderful what this community does for me) believes that I'm more than capable of "ingesting" the values of this website.

Thank you for your opinion and insight. c: God bless, and have a wonderful day.

i didnt expect youd listen to me. im raising a teen myself.

they always know better than you (i was the same with my mother); and knew youd put up a defiant front.

i was about to quote OTW (of all people) but saw that a bunch of bluelighters have offered you a safety card and asked that you heed their warning so you dont go down similar paths to them also.

youre young, naive; and noone expects youll listen. youll do what you do and thats the beauty of being 16.

i just hope youre smart enough to stick to your instagrams, snapchat and bookfase; rather than bluelight.

I have to agree with kytnism and OTW. Please don't take offense to this, but you're already spending way too much time here. I had no idea you were just 16. My son is your age, will be 17 in June. Often I have encouraged him to read here about these chemicals he ingests, but he won't listen either because he knows everything, just like you! Only kidding but it's good your mom knows you're here. To answer your original question, we are liberal at bluelight. There are other boards that require you to say you're 18.

I feel the need to retract the advise I gave you last night, now I'm serious ok. Stop having sex with these guys because you are in a big hurry to grow up! It's not enough to use birth control because you could easily catch an STD or have one already without even knowing it! I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I would hate to see that happen to you but I will step off my soapbox now. The best suggestion I have for you is to keep seeing your therapist and make sure you finish school. <3

I've only just joined today but I kind of agree. Time passes really fast and I do think being well informed us extremely useful and it can all appear so fun but there is also some truly hideous things that come hand in hand with drug use. My advice would to just be mindful of both sides and to be fair BL will open your eyes to both the good and the awful.

If I had a child, I'd be more worried if the kid spent a lot of time on FAcebook or Twatter. At least on bluelight, you can learn some interesting things. Still, for somebody who has been here less than one month, your post count is rather alarming. I'm sure you know this, but since nobody else has mentioned it, at 16, getting a good education should be your priority. How are your grades?

The main thing I'd worry about with bluelight is the "don't get in cars with strangers" rule.

Also, wait until you're in college before you start using drugs.

Last edited:
If I had a child, I'd be more worried if the kid spent a lot of time on FAcebook or Twatter. At least on bluelight, you can learn some interesting things. Still, for somebody who has been here less than one month, your post count is rather alarming. I'm sure you know this, but since nobody else has mentioned it, at 16, getting a good education should be your priority. How are your grades?

The main thing I'd worry about with bluelight is the "don't get in cars with strangers" rule.

Also, wait until you're in college before you start using drugs.

To be completely honest with you, the post count is because I'm on Vacation from school and have been prescribed adderall for my severe ADHD. My grades are pretty decent because of that, I actually just completed a class early and earned an extra credit. I'll also be graduating a year early.

Also, I appreciate your concern, I sincerely do; but I think that as a 16 year old, though I'm not as mature as a lot of you, I know better than to give out my specific location or to meet up with anyone from this site. Half my facebook friends don't even know where I actually live, I just talk to them at school or hang out with them at other places besides my house. I think I'm a bit more responsible than you guys give me credit for, but I truly do appreciate the concern.

kytnism - I think it's rather unfair for you to assume which amount of life maturity I possess seeing as you haven't taken the time to get to know me, but I can definitely understand and admire a mother's love and concern. I'm purely here to educate myself and make acquaintances that I can learn from as well as help in any way I can.

I think it's funny how everyone assumes I'm obsessed with this website, though lol. Fascinated maybe, but not obsessed. I've just never come across such a diverse community that both has lighthearted general discussion, but informative discussion about a variety of topics. On other forums that talk about self-harm and mental health, very rarely do people even get a reply let alone get one that's actually genuine and helpful. I just appreciate what this website has to offer.

Do you know a second language?
Have you had to give a speech at a wedding or a funeral?
Have you taken you mother out to dinner and paid for it just because?
Do you know how to tie your mans neck tie from the front?
Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?
Have you made an application for a rental property and been responsible for any damage from a party you have thrown there?

Don't talk to us about maturity at 16. I was sick of 16 yr old girls when I was actually 16, and all the last 20 yrs have confirmed to me was that I was correct in my opinions back then.

Do you know a second language?
Have you had to give a speech at a wedding or a funeral?
Have you taken you mother out to dinner and paid for it just because?
Do you know how to tie your mans neck tie from the front?
Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?
Have you made an application for a rental property and been responsible for any damage from a party you have thrown there?

Don't talk to us about maturity at 16. I was sick of 16 yr old girls when I was actually 16, and all the last 20 yrs have confirmed to me was that I was correct in my opinions back then.

A lot of mature adults don't even know a second language...I'm taking spanish right now, though, actually. Funny you asked that.
I gave a speech at my great uncle's funeral. He passed away of cancer. Open mouth, insert foot.
I know how to tie a tie because I've tied my brothers' several times.
I don't drive. I'm terrified of driving.
And no, because I don't throw parties. They're fucking boring.

I clearly stated in a previous post that I never expected to be as mature as those with more life experience. So please, don't be so sure of me.

When I was 16 there were girls who dated 21/22 yr olds. We used to think they were the coolest guys ever, but by the time you get to 21 you realise only losers date 16 yr old girls.

It really depends on where you expect to be by the time you are 21. Most BLers I know who have been here since they were your age are at best burnt out by their early twenties and tired of drug use or at worse have developed a proper addiction and wasted the best years of their lives. Some of them have even posted in this thread. So far though they haven't told you about the problems they had in school, the relationships ruined with their family and the wasted opportunities that they are now trying to catch with their friends who didn't get so heavily into drugs. Check out the Dark side and ask the really lost and miserable how young they were when they were consumed by drug use.

I'm not saying you can't experiment, but at your age the drugs you should be experimenting with don't really require that much knowledge regarding HR. If you are smoking weed or drinking alcohol don't drive, fight or eat xmas dinner with your parents. That's about all the HR a 15 yr old needs to be honest. Your brain is too young for LSD, MDMA, coke or shrooms, but if you want to experiment keep it to a minimum and wait until you are older and have cash to burn and enough freedom that your high isn't ruined by fear that your parents will bust you. Parents are more of a buzz kill than any comedown you will have. As for the rest of the RC's out there, I would personally avoid them no matter how cheap and readily available they are.

To sum up I would honestly say you are too young to invest much time here. At your age you should be experiencing everything in life. BL can become an addiction, and one that will stop you developing other healthier interests that will be much more valuable as an adult. Do you know how to sail or rock climb? Can you play an instrument in a band? Are you a confident public speaker and do you know more than one language? By all means lurk and contribute around here but for god's sake don't spend the majority of your youth here.

this is good advice.

Jeezus, give the girl a break.
If a 16 year old girl wants to dabble in this area there are plenty of worse places she could be than here, I know the crew of people and things I was up to when I was 16 would make spending time on an on-line drug forum seem relatively benign.
Of course it would be better if everyone waited to experience drugs till they're out of school and finished developing etc, but that's not always going to be the case.
It's obvious a lot of people here are looking out for the well being of others whereas the motives of many people involved in drugs IRL when it comes to younger girls might be far less benevolent.

This wouldn't be much of a community if we turned our backs on those who are the most at risk.

jeezus, give the girl a break.
If a 16 year old girl wants to dabble in this area there are plenty of worse places she could be than here, i know the crew of people and things i was up to when i was 16 would make spending time on an on-line drug forum seem relatively benign.
Of course it would be better if everyone waited to experience drugs till they're out of school and finished developing etc, but that's not always going to be the case.
It's obvious a lot of people here are looking out for the well being of others whereas the motives of many people involved in drugs irl when it comes to younger girls might be far less benevolent.

This wouldn't be much of a community if we turned our backs on those who are the most at risk.

thank you
christ on a bike, people

Well I'm 15. Some people immediately assume that young people only wanna do drugs and have fun. I'm great at school, bluelight enhanced my life. And tbh, I wish I had joined at 12 or 13. Maybe I would have became a mod by now :). And I'm mature, at least compared to all other 15 year olds out there.

I think anyone is welcome to Bluelight as long as they are polite, care for one another and appreciate the information/experience that everyone has to offer :)

Well I'm 15. Some people immediately assume that young people only wanna do drugs and have fun. I'm great at school, bluelight enhanced my life. And tbh, I wish I had joined at 12 or 13. Maybe I would have became a mod by now :). And I'm mature, at least compared to all other 15 year olds out there.

thanks for the input, especially from someone as young as myself, even though i'm a bit older.

you, too, lyfey. (;

After about 24 years of age backwards hats and cargo shorts are no longer socially acceptable...

When I was 16 there were girls who dated 21/22 yr olds. We used to think they were the coolest guys ever, but by the time you get to 21 you realise only losers date 16 yr old girls.

QFT.
OT: OP and others, maybe some of these folks are giving you too much grief for being young and whatever, but when you're being told you don't know shit you really should stop answering saying all the shit you think you know. whether you think you do or you don't it doesn't make you "mature" to know things. if you think the older members are being unfair by saying you're ignorant, the mature reply is to tell them they're right.
desperately fighting to prove you're mature is really immature.

I'm going to go ahead and close this since it's answered to the extent it can be. More or less, if you adhere to the BLUA, and forum specific guidelines, you're welcome here. If your being here is good and worthwhile depends only on what you take from the information given and your contributions.

Welcome to bluelight. Enjoy.

Feel free to use the PM me link in my signature if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.