• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What age is appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovegluegunnin

Bluelighter
What do you think is an appropriate age to be a member of the BL community?

For instance, I'm 16. What do you think of me being a member of this community?

Honest opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

I really wanna hold my tongue. Between you and drinktillhescute, it seems like 2 trolls joined at the same time.

Also explains why you're so damn sensitive to what people say over a drug forum.

You asked for honest, well you got it. :\

I really wanna hold my tongue. Between you and drinktillhescute, it seems like 2 trolls joined at the same time.

Also explains why you're so damn sensitive to what people say over a drug forum.

Wanna elaborate on why you feel that way? lol

I didn't think I was that sensitive besides the fact that I have gratitude towards those who care to help me, but thanks for the response.

Maybe it was that other girl then. One if you 2 are sensitive as shit. In DC how high are you thread is what I was referring to.

Both of your posts are similar from the drugs you take or whatever. That's not the thing tho, it's that I see so many different posts from you and that other girl with the same join date. Shits just weird idk

Well, dear, we're about harm reduction, so never really too young. You don't really talk about drugs tho, which I guess is a good thing, not messing with your frontal lobe development too much so....!

I really don't know why you're asking this tho. The social threads, lounge are chatty.

Maybe it was that other girl then. One if you 2 are sensitive as shit. In DC how high are you thread is what I was referring to.

Both of your posts are similar from the drugs you take or whatever. That's not the thing tho, it's that I see so many different posts from you and that other girl with the same join date. Shits just weird idk

actually, the only similarity is weed that i can remember lol and I said something about her being rude because I'm the kind of person that likes to take care of people, likes to make people happy. When I see someone else being rude to others, I have a habit of making my business when I probably shouldn't. Maybe I was a bit sensitive now that I remember, but I don't regret it. The girl I was talking to and I had clearly set things straight, so I don't see why that even matters. Sensitive-as-shit though? not by a long shot. maybe if you knew me better you'd get the idea, but idk. have a nice day/night/afternoon.

Day, thanks. ;) and I have my opinion and you have yours. Now that we know where each other stands. Welcome to the forum.

Well, dear, we're about harm reduction, so never really too young. You don't really talk about drugs tho, which I guess is a good thing, not messing with your frontal lobe development too much so....!

I really don't know why you're asking this tho. The social threads, lounge are chatty.

You're right, I don't post in the drug forums very much because I don't have very much knowledge concerning a lot of the drugs that most people on here are either on or have been on or have questions about. I'm more so one of the ones that have the questions, or just wants to talk about weed. lol

I'm asking because I'm curious, also so I know who to talk to and not to talk to in case someone doesn't want to talk to someone as young as myself.

Day, thanks. and I have my opinion and you have yours. Now that we know where each other stands. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome.

I dunno, I started following BL in 2000 when I was rolling a lot, which would have made me 18. Not gonna tell you to GTFO, ya dig?

I dunno, I started following BL in 2000 when I was rolling a lot, which would have made me 18. Not gonna tell you to GTFO, ya dig?

Haha, I appreciate that. Even if someone did tell me to gtfo, I wouldn't. I feel as though I have every right to post here, just like everyone else. So far more people like me than there are people who dislike me, so I'd say I'm doing pretty good. I basically just wanna make some friends and help some people out. I truly do care for people, whether they want me to or not.

I've been a member since I was 13/14... mainly reading at first... but I have to say this forum + Erowid really shaped a lot of important things in my life. Psychedelics taught me a lot. Sadly after my psychedelic phase I got addicted to IV heroin after an oxycodone addiction... stick to weeds+psych and you'll be great :)

I've been a member since I was 13/14... mainly reading at first... but I have to say this forum + Erowid really shaped a lot of important things in my life. Psychedelics taught me a lot. Sadly after my psychedelic phase I got addicted to IV heroin after an oxycodone addiction... stick to weeds+psych and you'll be great :)

Thanks for the honesty and advice! Good luck and best wishes.

I joined when I was 15, modded when I was 17, left around 19 & came back at 21. I feel like any age is appropriate, so long as you're already "experimenting" with drugs. No one is too young to learn how to reduce the harm of their use.

~~> SO

I agree, HR is for anyone who is using or contemplating using. The only issues I see with someone who is younger like you are is...well..sometimes they act 16...no offense meant but there have been many people around your age and even older that just wont listen to any advice...of course they say they do but they dont as they come back worrying about how they just messed up by doing exactly what everyone told them was a bad idea. But there are also older people who act that way too. No matter how mature a 16 year old is also, they just dont have the same brain development as adults and so a lot of times just arent on the same level. But I think that everyone should be made to feel welcome unless they do something to make them unwelcome...but that goes for all ages.

I agree, HR is for anyone who is using or contemplating using. The only issues I see with someone who is younger like you are is...well..sometimes they act 16...no offense meant but there have been many people around your age and even older that just wont listen to any advice...of course they say they do but they dont as they come back worrying about how they just messed up by doing exactly what everyone told them was a bad idea. But there are also older people who act that way too. No matter how mature a 16 year old is also, they just dont have the same brain development as adults and so a lot of times just arent on the same level. But I think that everyone should be made to feel welcome unless they do something to make them unwelcome...but that goes for all ages.

I totally agree. I'm 16, and I have never claimed to have the same brain development as an adult, however I do believe I can be a bit more insightful and open minded or better informed than a lot of adults when it comes to certain things. As for my maturity level...it depends on what mood you catch me in. I don't think immaturity is necessarily a bad thing in some cases.

yeah I joined with my first account at 16 or 17, and actually what people thought my age was didn't mean a damn thing to me. I had a question I asked it, I had an answer I offered it. what's age got to do with it really? what I would put more importance on is how much experience with psychoactives you have. and I happened to have a decent bit of experience at 16, and i'm the type that isn't taking a drug of any sort without spending at least a solid couple hours (if a typical recreational drug) up to a couple days possibly a week or more (for psychedelic drugs of all types) researching the chemical from the ground up

. I might have almost failed it because opiates were more important, but chemistry is cool to me, biology too. my interest in drugs started as a "how does this chemical illicit a specific response from my brain?" of course when that first drug other than bad weed is oxycodone, and theres a lot for free, and you brother comes to show you how its down dependence looks like its in your future.

I agree with most of the replies. Shit, I think if someone at 14 is determined to use drugs the best thing for them would be to make sure they're being as safe as possible. Of course I don't think it's a good idea for them but safety is the most important thing. Death doesn't look at age.

It really depends on where you expect to be by the time you are 21. Most BLers I know who have been here since they were your age are at best burnt out by their early twenties and tired of drug use or at worse have developed a proper addiction and wasted the best years of their lives. Some of them have even posted in this thread. So far though they haven't told you about the problems they had in school, the relationships ruined with their family and the wasted opportunities that they are now trying to catch with their friends who didn't get so heavily into drugs. Check out the Dark side and ask the really lost and miserable how young they were when they were consumed by drug use.

I'm not saying you can't experiment, but at your age the drugs you should be experimenting with don't really require that much knowledge regarding HR. If you are smoking weed or drinking alcohol don't drive, fight or eat xmas dinner with your parents. That's about all the HR a 15 yr old needs to be honest. Your brain is too young for LSD, MDMA, coke or shrooms, but if you want to experiment keep it to a minimum and wait until you are older and have cash to burn and enough freedom that your high isn't ruined by fear that your parents will bust you. Parents are more of a buzz kill than any comedown you will have. As for the rest of the RC's out there, I would personally avoid them no matter how cheap and readily available they are.

To sum up I would honestly say you are too young to invest much time here. At your age you should be experiencing everything in life. BL can become an addiction, and one that will stop you developing other healthier interests that will be much more valuable as an adult. Do you know how to sail or rock climb? Can you play an instrument in a band? Are you a confident public speaker and do you know more than one language? By all means lurk and contribute around here but for god's sake don't spend the majority of your youth here.

I was 17 when a friend and I created this account. In retrospect being part of a community of active drug users probably spurned my drug use more quickly ahead than it would have had I not been introduced to it. Should there be an age limit, no. But some of these topics if withheld from certain people would certainly be beneficial to their long term health, I'm sure of this.

Doesn't really matter as long as you are mature, follows the Hr guidelines can contribute to the forum and not troll. Some of the 16 year olds who joined Bl are smarter than other idiots tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.