• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines What action is responsible for psilocybin increase in euphoria? I had the most amazing experience yesterday.

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Hi Everyone,

So, my first trip experience was very uncomfortable and yet promoted healing and was life changing for me. I tripped for my second time yesterday and it was very different. It blew my mind. I was overflowing with euphoria and the beauty of the world. It was as if all my senses were increased and time slowed down. I would get lost in the beauty of the world. I put on john hopkins university psychedelic playlist and it was just amazing. I was filled with joy and beauty. I would go to get a drink or something and on my way to the kitchen i would get lost in the beauty of my cat for example and forget what I was doing. I have an all white cat and i was seeing him in so much detail and because the light would reflect off his fur I saw so many beautiful colors. It was truly a mind blowing experience. I could feel the music flowing through my body and it was just amazing. I was overflowing with euphoria.

I am curious as to what mechanism of psilocybin causes euphoria. I did read somewhere that psilocybin is thought to increase dopamine production, but do not know how true that is. Or is it the increase in serotonin causing the euphoria. I don't know but am very interested. I can see now how psilocybin could be somewhat addicting and yet it has a natural anti-addictive property to it, because it cannot be used every day and neither do I want to use it in that way.

I was aiming to analyze my life and try to make improvements based on what I find in my trip, but i got so lost in the beauty of the world that my original intention was set aside. For most of my life, I saw the world as a dark and cruel place, but what I did gain from this is how beautiful and amazing the world is. It did change my life for the better in this regard.

I guess I can see why now that Terrence Mckenna recommends blindfolding yourself, alone in your room, in complete darkness. I think he says that so that you dont get lost in the beauty of the world and without that distraction can use the power of the mushrooms to analyze your thoughts and the intricacies of life. Its as if all time slows down and you can see things clearly. I had the time of my life yesterday and only off of 2 grams. I didn't feel much ego dissolution though which I think might be important to really analyze thoughts and relationships or maybe it isn't important because I still had the power to examine things from new perspectives.

I am very interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

What do you all think?

Thanks everyone!