• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What’s the best strain for an over anxious person ?

I find it weird because even though I have anxiety, I do not normally hate myself at all, but weed somehow lowers my self esteem.

It probably just makes you more self conscious.
I have anxiety issues with cannabis also.

Do not hate yourself!
You are a VIP!
❤️

Blackberry Kush is also fucking great as a mellow option to enjoy in the evening or if you don't want a sharp edged cerebral high in general. The hashish and waxes made from this strain can be fantastic.

You may get good results off the harlequin. Its a sativa dominant, but its really high in CBD and that counter acts anxiety as well as sativa induced paranoia.

I believe weed is overrated. It's great for some people, but I notice that a lot of advocates will encourage you to keep trying different strains to your detriment.
I've been down the road of trying weed for anxiety and I've come to find that it's just not very effective for that. I am an anxious person also.
Weed makes me paranoid and anxious regardless of strain.

As someone else suggested, kratom is good. Kava is another good one. I'd recommend to start with kava cause it's less addictive than kratom and it seems better for anxiety.
You got to get the premium kava online though. Not head shop stuff.
You should get an AeroPress and use that to make the kava or kratom. The taste is very bad, so I recomend boiling it for a bit and then put it through the aero. Use the smallest volume of liquid you can, so it just comes out like a shot. Kava is worse than kratom taste wise. Just chug it. There is no covering it up.
Green tea or the L-Theanine in it is safer than the addictive Kratom or liver damaging Kava.

I have not used the supplements but drinking green tea high in L-Theanine made me relax and fall asleep even though I drank it at midnight and it has caffeine.

High dose psilocybin helped me cut out my anxiety at the root so to speak. For months I didn't worry about much at all. I still get a little nervous sometimes but tbh my initial big trip and subsequent revisitations to that headspace have done wonders for my generalized and unending worry that I have suffered from for a large part of my life.

High dose psilocybin helped me cut out my anxiety at the root so to speak. For months I didn't worry about much at all. I still get a little nervous sometimes but tbh my initial big trip and subsequent revisitations to that headspace have done wonders for my generalized and unending worry that I have suffered from for a large part of my life.

How old were you when you undertook this psilocybin binge/dose?

I only ask because I was enjoying LSD, mushrooms, MDMA and mescaline before I turned 18, continued to use them several times a year until I was about 22. I think the worst I fell into it was a summer-long MDMA binge right after I graduated high school-- literally every day was a pill or two that entire summer.

Eventually I felt like the hallucinogens "broke" something inside my head. I get nervous just thinking about dosing again, and most of us know how important your mindset is when you dose for a trip or a roll (never candyflipped, though.) When I hear about potential therapeutic uses for hallucinogens I just kind of scoff, think of my own experiences and file it under "Bullshit...." until I remember that I was fucking with my brain chemistry before my brain was finished developing. I really do think I scrambled some neurons or something as an adolescent.

How old were you when you undertook this psilocybin binge/dose?

I only ask because I was enjoying LSD, mushrooms, MDMA and mescaline before I turned 18, continued to use them several times a year until I was about 22. I think the worst I fell into it was a summer-long MDMA binge right after I graduated high school-- literally every day was a pill or two that entire summer.

Eventually I felt like the hallucinogens "broke" something inside my head. I get nervous just thinking about dosing again, and most of us know how important your mindset is when you dose for a trip or a roll (never candyflipped, though.) When I hear about potential therapeutic uses for hallucinogens I just kind of scoff, think of my own experiences and file it under "Bullshit...." until I remember that I was fucking with my brain chemistry before my brain was finished developing. I really do think I scrambled some neurons or something as an adolescent.
My very first trip was right around my 18th birthday. I took 2c-E.

I did not really trip very much until I turned 20 and got my hands on a larger amount of LSD.

The psilocybin trip I mention was the spring of my 19th year.

I never tripped in party situations or combined with MDMA.

In fact I've only used MDMA 3 times ever, each over a year apart at least.

The way I used psychedelics from the beginning was modeled after using them sparingly as theraputic tools.

The only psych I ever abused so to speak would arguably be LSD but we have a pretty understanding relationship with one another now and I would never drop acid in a disrespectful or foolish manner these days.

I think MDxx drugs fuck people up infinitely more than psychs and I still consider them potential allies for most individuals.

A pill every day all summer? Yikes!

Last edited:
My very first trip was right around my 18th birthday. I took 2c-E.

I did not really trip very much until I turned 20 and got my hands on a larger amount of LSD.

The psilocybin trip I mention was the spring of my 19th year.

I never tripped in party situations or combined with MDMA.

In fact I've only used MDMA 3 times ever, each over a year apart at least.

The way I used psychedelics from the beginning was modeled after using them sparingly as theraputic tools.

The only psych I ever abused so to speak would arguably be LSD but we have a pretty understanding relationship with one another now and I would never drop acid in a disrespectful or foolish manner these days.

I think MDxx drugs fuck people up infinitely more than psychs and I still consider them potential allies for most individuals.

A pill every day all summer? Yikes!

It was wild, man, I fell in love with those single-stack M&Ms.

After a while, though, MDMA turned into an antisocial drug for me. I couldn't stand to hear other people going on and on about what they were experiencing, so I'd grab a couple pills and a dub of weed and hermit the fuck out at the house for a few days.

Several years later I'd come to the realization that LSD and mushrooms were just a quick ticket to temporary insanity after I found myself taking a bath one night at my parents house, in pitch-black darkness, from about 2am until the next morning. I honestly couldn't tell you what went down in that bathroom for half the night, but I do remember getting out and watching Finding Nemo for way longer than that movie's runtime. The trips were fun, but they always had those moments about 10 hours in where I'd think something like "When is this going to end?!? Is this what the rest of my life's going to be like now? What have I done?!?!" Those moments would always fade, but the terror in them was real. Remembering feeling so out of control.... hell...

Maybe that's what fucked me up....

It was wild, man, I fell in love with those single-stack M&Ms.

After a while, though, MDMA turned into an antisocial drug for me. I couldn't stand to hear other people going on and on about what they were experiencing, so I'd grab a couple pills and a dub of weed and hermit the fuck out at the house for a few days.

Several years later I'd come to the realization that LSD and mushrooms were just a quick ticket to temporary insanity after I found myself taking a bath one night at my parents house, in pitch-black darkness, from about 2am until the next morning. I honestly couldn't tell you what went down in that bathroom for half the night, but I do remember getting out and watching Finding Nemo for way longer than that movie's runtime. The trips were fun, but they always had those moments about 10 hours in where I'd think something like "When is this going to end?!? Is this what the rest of my life's going to be like now? What have I done?!?!" Those moments would always fade, but the terror in them was real. Remembering feeling so out of control.... hell...

Maybe that's what fucked me up....

I am of the opinion that psychedelic drugs definitely aren't for everyone. And the disorientation and confusion produced can be very real and disruptive for some people.

If you were taking MDMA to the point it became anti social I am not surprised that your mind reacts oddly to psychs now tho, lol. Hope you're doin aight now man, sounds like you were pushing your brain there when you were younger.