• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

West Virginia couple accused of trying to sell baby for drug money

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
A man and woman have been arrested after they reportedly tried to sell a 3-month-old infant child in order to obtain money for drugs.

Ashley Nichole Harmon, 25, and Jonathan Isaac Lucas Flint, 20, were arrested Saturday and each held in jail on a $100,000 bond, according to news release from the Fayette County Sheriff's Department. They are charged with selling or attempting to sell a child and gross child neglect creating a risk of bodily injury or death to a child.

The incident occurred on May 28. EMS workers were called to a home where an infant reportedly was ill.

When they arrived at the home, they learned the caller was not related to the infant and that the child had been abandoned at the residence.

Sheriff's deputies arrived and were told Harmon and Flint came to the home and attempted to sell the child for $500 to $1,000. When no one agreed to buy the child, they left the home, leaving the infant behind.

cont at
http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2016/06/west_virginia_couple_accused_o.html

This is exactly the exceptional situation that drug warriors cite when making arguments for throwing more money at the drug war.

Who did they think exactly was going to buy the baby? So I understand there are cases of stuff like this that does occur but I would image you cant just produce a child and expect someone on the black market to purchase it. I know I would never pay for something that consumes money and effort on a daily basis and then may someday want to know where it came from.

How does that even seem like a good idea to someone?

Who did they think exactly was going to buy the baby? So I understand there are cases of stuff like this that does occur but I would image you cant just produce a child and expect someone on the black market to purchase it. I know I would never pay for something that consumes money and effort on a daily basis and then may someday want to know where it came from.

How does that even seem like a good idea to someone?
Maybe couples dealing with infertility? Adoption isn't cheap. Fertility treatments aren't either. Far worse things have been done to children like say to subject them to the lifestyle to their own demise. The baby was sick already supposedly. Imagine if they had waited.

^ thats what i mean though an existing market doesnt mean you will be able to tap into it. Its like how it appears all hit men are cops when distressed husbands and wives try to hire them, it doesnt mean hit men dont exist its just a hard to access channel of people. Thats what i mean wanting to sell a child and finding a buyer who wants to buy a child is probably hard given how people view infants, people will take it upon themselves to turn you in to feel like they did the right thing.

wanting to sell a child and finding a buyer who wants to buy a child is probably hard given how people view infants, people will take it upon themselves to turn you in to feel like they did the right thing.
I know I would turn in somebody who tried to sell me a baby, and feel like I did the right thing.
I am not a huge fan of getting police involved, but in a situation like that, you can bet I'd be calling 911 before anything else.

There are a lot of child molesters out there. What if the persons they tried to sell this baby to were of that nature? That child would be setup for a horrible life just so the parents could get high. This is a strong argument for abortion/adoption/a stronger planned parenthood in W.V.

Fucking tweakers. 500 to 1k? There are probably rich couples out there who would pay loads of money for a baby to love and care for and these scumbags try and sell it for a fix. And it is of those tales that dare cops love to spread around, bit that's def not the typical drug user, trying to sell your baby for meth. I'm guessing it was meth but who knows, heroin from Baltimore has been making its way to wva lately and all into rural VA. Been like that for sometime.