• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

West coast H "gunpowder"...laced with fentanyl?

Aporia

Bluelighter
I have a question about west coast heroin. I'm pretty new to H, but I've used other opiates/opioids for well, about a decade or so. I recently started chasing the dragon about two months ago, when my partner introduced it to me. He said it wasn't much different than the pills I take and that it could actually help with my chronic pain... Well after the first time I smoked I started researching about it since I didn't really know much about it. I found that here on the west coast we primarily get black tar. Where we get ours goes back and forth between a little black, sticky ball and some brownish powder that will clump together when breathed on. Lately, I prefer the sticky ball over the powder stuff.

I've read here on BL that the powder on the east coast has been laced with, or cut with fentanyl. I'm still not 100% clear on WHY this is, but I get that it is. I also tried finding out if BTH could be cut with it, but didn't come up with too much info. When we copped the other day he came back with a ball of H, instead of the powdery stuff that he's had. He (my partner) told me that dude said that the powdery-ish stuff we were getting was cut with fentanyl because someone on the mmt program had used it, that was ALL he used, and his UA came up positive for fentanyl. I didn't think it was possible or likely, from all the reading I had tried to do on BL.

I guess my question is, is it possible to cut bth with fentanyl? And why do dealers do that? I noticed that when we get the ball of sticky h, the high is very euphoric and helps with pain really really great, but when we get the gundpowder stuff, it gives me a headache, makes me irritable and upsets my tummy kind of.

I've been out of the scene on the west coast for some time but I can say that the rate of OD's has increased out here. I've heard street lore of fentanyl laced tar but you'd have to test it I presume.
Personally know a few people that died from the "sticky" as you call it, when they were used to IV'ing gun powder.

I definitely don't know the answer to your question. Just an old ex junkie who still watches

The sticky stuff feels stronger and gives a nice warm fuzzy feeling and can linger for hours. This powdery stuff seems to wear off pretty soon and leaves me super tired. Almost to the point where I don't even want to smoke it.

Thank you for your answer though :)

Its entirely possible for either one to be laced with fentanyl! Be super careful that shit has been killing people left and right.. Its good you aren't an IV user though, and smoke it because at least you aren't getting nearly as much from one hit smoked as you would IVd where the whole piece is released to your bloodstream instantly instead of just hit after hit when you chase it. The fentanyl dope is much stronger feeling than just regular H and whatever it is usually cut with as far as inactive cuts go.. I mean MUCH stronger too. like you probably would notice a difference from taking one hit of fent laced dope compared to just regular quality dope, but some people don't notice because it is just another opioid and feels similar, its usually the people that just slam it who OD the most from the fent dope, but it could kill you regardless of the ROA. And as far as I know, "gun powder" dope is just BT heroin with an inactive powder cut on it, meaning it is usually much less potent than tar is on its own, as tar is usually already cut, but gunpowder basically is taking already cut BTH and adding more cut to it, making it a dark brown sticky powder.. Its no different than tar, if you breathe on it, it turns to tar basically. I would try and avoid the "gunpowder" dope and stick with the tar, if it were me... and also be wary that ANY kind of heroin black tar, gun powder, east coast powder, china white, etc. can have fentanyl in it! Lots of the bigger Heroin distributors are adding it in already in the brick/key when they sell it to the lower level dudes, who also cut it with more, from what I am hearing.. I have stopped using H now, and take subutex instead, as a lot of my friends were dying from that fent dope and it was scary shit, how unpredictable heroin has become. Seriously be safe!

I overdosed on east coast brown powder a while back from a new dealer. At the hospital, I tested negative for opiates. Be care ful, that stuff looked and tasted like H (vinegary) but was probably fentanyl. Totally got ripped off.

Last edited:
Probably right ^ they probably either had it in a bag with h residue and just put fent in there with no h, so it would smell legit, OR they just took fent powder, mixed with some brown cut like iced tea mix or some shit, and added a touch of vinegar to it.. that's super sketchy man, glad your alright now.

Too many friends dying from fentayl laced heroin , any advice ?

So I'm in the south west and the fentayl laced heroin has become the norm this past year and this past 4 months 6 people I know have died . I can always tell when it has fent in it because I can see a few white chunks and after I ODed and woke up on the bathroom floor many hours later , I began doing only a 1/4 cap to test each time I'd get some . Some of my friends just won't and slam the whole thing but I only hear about it as I use alone 99% of the time .I'm not a daily user of H , but I used to be many years ago and I occasionally still grab a cap when I have the extra time, I'm so scared of going to another funeral soon and I've decided to get on subutex and hoping I can convince some friends to join me , but we all know we can't force anyone to quit.. Anyway sorry for the rambling as I do have some questions , I just needed to vent in all honesty. But Does fentayl come in pill form? How are they getting it in the heroin otherwise ? I've only had it in patches and in 2-3mg IV doses in the hospital. Many friends like the laced up H because they get 3-4 shots out of a cap/bag instead of one good one but they're short lived . It doesn't make economic sense to make it last for more than a dose or two because the buyer doesn't have to buy as much and the seller doesn't make as much as most just buy what they need for the day. Anyway. I'm heartbroken for the families that lost good people with bad addictions and realize the party is over and I'm completely ok with switching to subutex which leaves me with more energy and an overall good mood minus the buzz (hence the occasional use of H )
What can I do to advise my friends that won't test theirs and keep ending up in the ER or worse from ODing? Any advice is appreciated ! .. I believe this is my first post here but I've been reading in this group for years . Many thanks to anyone that replies . I just want people to use this laced H responsibly . I know as if heroin and responsible can even be in the same sentence but I know you all know what I mean. I'm taking the old powdered opana 40's now and I'd love to stay on them but I know all to well how my tolerance will skyrocket in days so this is now my occasional drug of choice , along with benzos which is a twice daily thing I need to even walk out my front door due to PTSD sadly .. But again a whole other story and trying to stay on topic .

And sorry I made a title but I'm new to posting and don't know how to start my own thread . As a "green lighter " I'm not sure I even can start a thread can I ? I have 28 years of using narcotics and hallucinogenics , and have a lot of knowledge to offer the younger people in this group to use more responsibly and still have a great time . I certainly don't know it all but I've done everything except meth . Call me vain but I like having my teeth and looking 10 years younger than I am . No offense to the tweekers out there .much love to all of you !

Last edited:
Not surprised but a few ppl at my mmt clinic have been poping dirty for fentanyl and were only using gun powder for weeks I'm in San Francisco btw

A good friend of mine died in January 2016 of an overdose in Oakland. I never heard if it was fentanyl but it easily could have been. He was getting good drugs, I can't see him ODing on straight bth.

yes I've heard about that and in the mid west aswell its almost killed 3 of my friends and I've also heard about FAKE oc 80's so be careful this almost took a girls life as well and she only smokes them so be careful remember u can always do more never less!!