• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Went 37 hours with no H before I took a sub yesterday and still went into PW

Don't use the loperamide if you plan to induct bupe

I was off heroin over 30 hours and was only taking lope. Decided I wanted to make sure not to be sick for work...took 2 mg sub and poof! Instantly my bowels felt like they turned to water. Then the chills at full intensity, RLS....

Had I just kept on with the lope it would've been fine. And lope has a long half life...

That was the worst precipitated wd I ever had. So I highly advise you, if you're going on subs go on subs. If you're kicking using lope then do that. But do NOT try to use lope as a bridge between them. It will leave you in a world of hurt...

Crazy,

So was the lope helping then or did you feel sick? I am officially done today..... This afternoon or evening I will take my first lope dose and I am so nervous I won't feel better and then NOW I can't take subs if I don't because of PW....grrrrrr.

I can't do the subs because I can't be sick that length of time before I can induct. It's too long of a time w four kids.

How long did your PW last that time crazy?

Ya even the subutex forces all opiates outta receptors

Wow! I didn't ever check back, I was so sick I forgot I posted.... And I wish now I would have remembered, because this advice would have been great.
All of you were right and I realized that after all was said and done. I had only take 2 mg of sub, and I am pretty sure those weren't PW they were just still the same withdrawal symptoms I was having before I took it. I needed to take MORE sub, but I just gave up at 2 and did a shot.

Anyway as fast forward. I am still using .5 g a day. Sometimes it's tar and sometimes it's powder. But what I have now is the last I am buying. I have spent this entire weekend and last week researching stopping again. I have four kids and I need to make this as smooth as possible. I have had luck with the loperamide before and I think I am going to try that route again, last time at 32 hours on 36 mg of lope I had no withdrawal symptoms except the anxiety and urges and I gave in and used.

My question now is can I use the lope for that 24-30 hour gap before I take a sub? Or will the lope cause PW?

I would love to hear from anyone who has had some success with the loperamide. Please help! I freak myself out so bad about WD that I usually give up and use before I'm having any symptoms just because I'm so scared of the WD process, it's so dumb :(.

DID U NOTICE THE H NOT WORKING FOR SHIT UP TO 3 days after eating buprenorphine of any type. It keeps shit from binding to your teceptor sites so u can flood your brain with endorphines and never od only want more and it drastically raises tolerance. My best advice to u bro is only take the subs for a week max after u have detoxed then its just a night or 2 of restlessness and your done. Otherwise it will just bring u back full circle and bryond

Crazy,

So was the lope helping then or did you feel sick? I am officially done today..... This afternoon or evening I will take my first lope dose and I am so nervous I won't feel better and then NOW I can't take subs if I don't because of PW....grrrrrr.

I can't do the subs because I can't be sick that length of time before I can induct. It's too long of a time w four kids.

How long did your PW last that time crazy?

The lope was helping that time. But with lope, even though it takes away like 80% of the wd (it takes away all the GI issues, the chills/sweats, the shakiness, etc) what it doesn't take away is the fatigue/lack of energy. In fact I think it makes that part worse. And see, I was supposed to go to work so I wasn't trying to feel exhausted like I didn't want to move. So I was thinking I could take the sub and be fine. Problem was the lope was attached to all the peripheral receptors and the sub ripped them off. I think the immediate tell-tale sign in that case was my first instant symptom was how my whole GI system immediately turned to liquid...ugh

Lope helps great as a stepping stone down to get off. But be prepared to be very lethargic, and be prepared to be very dry-mouthed. Drink a lot of water as the lope dehydrates you. It's not going to work like opiates and give you energy and make you want to play with the kids and be active.

If you decide to use loperamide be aware that it has a long half life--like 12 hours--so you take it only 2x per day. Some people can take it once after it has built up after a few days. ALSO--it takes about an hour to start working after first dose and about 3-4 hours to be fully effective so don't go taking more and more saying its not helping. Give it time.

If you decide to indict subs, then don't do the lope. And if you induct subs, start with 1-2 mg to make sure you don't go into wd. Then take more hourly until you're feeling better. Keep in mind on subs you don't always feel 100% the first day or two

Oh, and how long was I in precipitated withdrawal when i took subs after lope? About 2 hours of the worst RLS ever, with projectile vomiting and diarrhea...shaking, instant headache. And mind you, I started with only 2 mg subs (thank god). Tried taking 2 more and I felt WORSE so after about 3-4 hours of this did dope. Which helped a little, did some more and it helped a little more. But it sucked so bad cause I was so sick and there is nothing you can do about it. It's like being locked up and detoxing. You're just SOL. The dope helped more later in the day, but it was like 2 days before I could 100% feel a dose, I was having to use 3 times as much to feel half what I normally felt. But it did take away the horrible worst wd I ever felt. (And I have had Narcan before. That was awful also, but it faded away after like a half hour)

My best detox experiences were either using methadone to detox over a week or so, or else inpatient detox where they gave me phenobarbital and I was knocked out for over 3 days. But good luck to you. The lope will help, get to the lowest effective dose and stay there for 3-4 days then slowly come down.

When I get PWDs, I just get the "oh fuck" feeling at first, like it takes your breath away. Then my body washes over in a hot/cold sweat, then that tingly creepy crawly feeling draws over many times, and all my muscles begin to ache, then my bowels just want to empty out immediately, I feel dizzy and very anxious, and yeah extreme RLS. It sux so fuckin bad! But usually it only lasts 45mins-1hour before I notice the bupe start to settle in and I start feeling a bit of relief. This is usually what I get if I wait into the time range of 18-24hours of last H use. I don't have a huge habit. Usually ¼gram a day heroin/fentanyl? Mix. So that dope usually having fast acting opiates in it, by the time I wait 18-24hours, then take suboxone, there may be some lingering opiates still on my receptors even if I am actually already in withdrawal, so sometimes when I take it in that timeframe, I do experience a little PWDs, but it isn't for long. And yeah titrating your doses at induction is the best method if worried about PWDs. Injecting the sub is the worst if you do it like that and unsure if you have waited long enough. It's like getting a rush of the most horrible WD you could imagine. So don't ever inject it at first.