• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Went 37 hours with no H before I took a sub yesterday and still went into PW

Mrsjuice

Greenlighter
So I've kicked H once in the last few months and was clean for a month and stupidly started again, and have been iv using for 7 weeks :(

Yesterday was my
Day to commit to get clean, so I went 37 hours of hell, I took a sub at about hour 27 and then tried to deal with the PW it sent me in for ten more, but I was at a loss of what to do and felt insane, so I ended up doing a small shot. That was last night at 8 pm, of
Course
I felt better but not high. So my question is since it's already 9 am this morning, and I haven't used, I'd like to give it another shot. When can I take a sub again? Did the heroin even stick to my receptors because of the subs from yesterday?
I'm so uninformed about any of this stuff, any help would be great! Thanks in advance :)

first things first, what sort of doses are you typically using? I would have a hard time believing that the heroin was still causing you to experience PW 27 hours after your last shot, unless you metabolize incredibly slow, and do massive shots.

Ive never used subs, but afaik a general rule of thumb is to wait until you are more than a little sick, to take it. This will be tough, but i would wait longer than you did last time, since if you end up in PW it seems likely that you will create a pattern and use.

Good luck with kicking, i hope this is the last time you need to get sick :)

Is this bth, or powder h? How much sub did you take and what was the roa?

- Hs

Yes please answer the details below users asked, it will help us give you better advice.

I can confidently say without that knowledge, however, that if you had taken more subs it would have helped more than H. The first sub you took knocked the residual H bound to your receptors off. Another dose theoretically would have bound to them.

I am almost certain on this because this exact same thing has happened to me at least a few times.

I just find it amazing how everyone is different when it comes to subs.

2 days ago I shot dope/fent form 12/4; by 7 my WD's starting to hit and took my Subxone then and was fine by 8.

I read these stories and I am thankful I have no time to wait for when it comes to making the switch; it came as a surprise to me the other day when shooting fent that I went into WD's so quick; I actually thought I just wasnt feeling right or maybe getting an actual sickness before I took a Suboxone.

that day I could only afford a half G so only got 5 shots from it. so 2 hours later it was all gone. 4 hours later I was sober as a MOFO and started to get some cold sweats and shakes; was wondering if I picked up a sickness from being/eating outside the other day in somewhat cold weather (40/50 w/ slight windchill) and me just wearing jeans and a T but feeling a little chilly. so yea, I thought it was normal. finally, I started to get that dope sickness feeling so through a full 8MG sub in mouth and within 20 minutes I felt normal as can be.

I cant imagine having to wait that long. I know it all matters but what type of opiates are you on? no matter what type because I've been on everything and then some, I can always jump back to Suddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

lol, as you can see right there, I just nodded as I was typing this. seriously, that was a nod as typing. what happens when shooting fent and eating benzos while skimming through blueliught.

Imagine an army of heroin molecules versus an army of Suboxone molecules.

If a peaceful treaty is made, (titrating .5mg - 1mg bupe every hour) then the battlefield will remain calm.

If you RUSH the other team with 8mg of bupe, forget about it man you'll PW every time.

I've never met a doctor who knew fuck about how induction works. They can sure sling the term around, though, and the checks are easy to collect.

Yah you should've eased into it with small amounts around .5 every hour like the guy above me said.

After 27 hours though? That makes me think either the dope was cut with a long active opi', or she just didn't take enough sub to cover her WD.

- HS

If you're using dope everyday it's gonna be in your receptors for nearly a week after the last use, the peak of withdrawal is probably when about half of it is gone. That's what doctors don't explain, which is why titration is key when inducting from dope to bupe. You can knock the dope out a few hours after shooting up if you titrate very delicately.

I usually noticed the sweet spot for dosing a sub is about 30-36hours whatever the ROA is. But the titrate method is good too. Taking the small doses will make any PWDs tolerable, and not like a rush of utter hell. Then dosing each hour with the small doses will give the bupe a chance to start settling in. I like the reference to it as a battle field, and bupe wins out to H. It may resist at first, but will surrender, and it seems to surrender easier when you send a little bupe in at a time.

And there is something I have been wondering lately. Now that I am an older junkie, the WDs get worse and come on more quickly. But in my earlier using days I don't recall ever having to wait a whole day and a half to feel 100% safe in dosing buprenorphine. In those days, I could use the night before, wake up, if I was suck already, I could take the bupe and PWDs never were an issue. But now if I decide to try any earlier than 24-36hours, I must beware. And it also seems I don't get as good relief using the subs sublingually till I have dosed a lot. 4-6mg has always took care of me just fine in those days. Is it because I went into IV'ing bupe for a while ? I dunno... Heh

Congrats on kicking, I have also kicked many many times before so definitely do not beat your self up, it is part of recovery. I have relapsed more times then I can count at this point. Anyways, I have also experienced PW's more than a few times and have waited up to 30 hours and still went through PW. I have learned that if this happens again to me I only take a tiny piece of sub to see if PW will happen and when you only take a little piece in my experience the worst you get is just intense sweating. So if this were to happen again just take a very small piece and see what happens. That way you will be able to tell if the D is gone or not. To explain the longevity of the waiting time i would say it was cut with a long lasting opiate or just some very pure D. Oh i just noticed others have offered the same advice for taking your first sub after your last use, hahahah. Anyways, best of luck to you, keep up the good fight!!!

Wow! I didn't ever check back, I was so sick I forgot I posted.... And I wish now I would have remembered, because this advice would have been great.
All of you were right and I realized that after all was said and done. I had only take 2 mg of sub, and I am pretty sure those weren't PW they were just still the same withdrawal symptoms I was having before I took it. I needed to take MORE sub, but I just gave up at 2 and did a shot.

Anyway as fast forward. I am still using .5 g a day. Sometimes it's tar and sometimes it's powder. But what I have now is the last I am buying. I have spent this entire weekend and last week researching stopping again. I have four kids and I need to make this as smooth as possible. I have had luck with the loperamide before and I think I am going to try that route again, last time at 32 hours on 36 mg of lope I had no withdrawal symptoms except the anxiety and urges and I gave in and used.

My question now is can I use the lope for that 24-30 hour gap before I take a sub? Or will the lope cause PW?

I would love to hear from anyone who has had some success with the loperamide. Please help! I freak myself out so bad about WD that I usually give up and use before I'm having any symptoms just because I'm so scared of the WD process, it's so dumb :(.

I waited three days after shooting heroin to take bupe. I went into horrible withdrawals on 2mg.

I think everytime you jump from sub to dope and then back it gets harder and harder to not experience pw.

3 days after last H use and still got PWs? There's gotta be a longer lasting opiate in that Shit.. I have made the transition from heroin/fentanyl mix to suboxone many, many times. I have always been good to go in taking suboxone around the 48 hour mark. Never ever got PWs. There's gotta be something else in your dope... Heh.

Everytime I speak on this someone tells me I don't know what I'm talking about.so I'll word it like this.This is my expierence.I have been on every opiate known up till 5 months ago. I'm on zubsolv now and it has literally saved my life.I understand I've traded one drug for another but it's the small victories. During past few months I've run out,due to my own stupidity.Dissolving suboxone strips in my mouth instead of snorting zubsolv ( which is my way to do it) causes me to expierence withdrawal. I like snorting them.taking twice the dose under my tongue and I still get some degree of withdrawal.your brain knows what it likes. If you have been snorting your brain won't be happy without a bump.if you have been doing pills your brain will tell you the strips not the same. What I'm saying is maybe your not expierencing withdrawal of the drug so to speak.but withdrawal from theway you administered it

Wow! I didn't ever check back, I was so sick I forgot I posted.... And I wish now I would have remembered, because this advice would have been great.
All of you were right and I realized that after all was said and done. I had only take 2 mg of sub, and I am pretty sure those weren't PW they were just still the same withdrawal symptoms I was having before I took it. I needed to take MORE sub, but I just gave up at 2 and did a shot.

Anyway as fast forward. I am still using .5 g a day. Sometimes it's tar and sometimes it's powder. But what I have now is the last I am buying. I have spent this entire weekend and last week researching stopping again. I have four kids and I need to make this as smooth as possible. I have had luck with the loperamide before and I think I am going to try that route again, last time at 32 hours on 36 mg of lope I had no withdrawal symptoms except the anxiety and urges and I gave in and used.

My question now is can I use the lope for that 24-30 hour gap before I take a sub? Or will the lope cause PW?

I would love to hear from anyone who has had some success with the loperamide. Please help! I freak myself out so bad about WD that I usually give up and use before I'm having any symptoms just because I'm so scared of the WD process, it's so dumb :(.

Yeah, for an induction dose, 2mg was waaaaaay insufficient. In the past when I had a deep H habit (1-1.5g's/day for almost 2 years straight) I needed 12mgs for my induction dose.

I also agree with those that say induct with small amounts i.e. 0.5mg every 30 mins or so

And lastly, I'm not 100% on this, but I think since lope doesn't cross the BBB, you'd be fine dosing subs soon after the lope, but again I'm not sure and have never tried it myself so I can only speculate.

Last edited:
reading things like this always make me more thankful that I could take my Suboxone/Methadone w/o any concern whether it be 4 hours, 8 hours, or 24 hours after my last use. I have not used in a while now but at one point years back I'd always jump back and forth and would sometimes take a low grade Suboxone in the AM and dope in the PM; that is followed but a Suboxone in the AM once again but would be a much higher dose than the day before because I did not plan to use any hard drug that day.

everybody is different, tho, so you have to be careful. also, there is no real way to tell what is going to happen w/ you if its your first time around but after a while you become better and better and know what is going to happen and plan it out better for yourself.

be careful at first because I've read some horror stories on that but I have nothing for you hear but some great stories of how Suboxone saved my life in many ways and helped me come a long way from an everyday user to someone who has a slip once every few months; hell. I am at the point where just thinking of it makes me sick at points and easy keeps me away from the bad things.

I usually only have to wait 12 hours after my last use until I can take sub again a few days ago I felt really sick 4 hours after my last use so I took sub and went into pw..it was bad I couldn't stay still I was freezing but sweating my skin felt like it was literally crawling I never want to endure that again, only about an hour or so later I started to feel better though. I don't get why some people it lasts for days but me only an hour? Maybe it has to do with the amount that was taken of each substance?