Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Wellbutrin/bupropion - welbutrin overdose

SillySlim69

Greenlighter
This took place in 2014
My mother was prescribed welbutrin at 300mg a capsule. I had been going threw this awakening and got to the point where I believed I should die due to these "signs" I have been noticing since the awakening. I grabbed the bottle out of the cabinet and went to my room.. I poor out a good handful put some back took like three back out just making sure the bottle looked normal. In my hand I was holding 14 pills. 4,200mg of welbutrin.. To make sure this is what these signs wanted I rolled some dice. "Yes" being my fav number... The dice hit the ground.. 1 & 4.... My heart sank.... Bc this was the first physical sign.. (Others would be a scene from a movie or certain words in a song that just made since and led me along) 5 is my favorite number not bc of anything gang related. I just like it lmao... I agreed and went to the fridge. I poured a big cup of sunny D and headed to the bathroom.. I put the pills in my mouh and spat them back out into my hand a few times before having this overwhelming abundance of confidence that everything I've ever wanted, or questioned will soon be right in front of me. So to get it over with and make myself I popped all 14 at once and downed the whole thing of sunny D. Not gonna lie I had to swallow a few at a time but I never spat them back out... I didn't know at the time welbutrin is a slow release pill so I was expecting not to wake up. Went to bed at 8pm and woke up around like.... Tbh I don't know. I didn't really care. I went and told my mom that I took her pills and she didn't believe me bc she didn't realize any missing.. Well at first I believed I didn't take them and thought it was just some weird spiritual experience... Boy I was wrong.. I started to become very chill and felt a lil tingle.. Walking around the house I was at peace that this was my final few moments... My mom stood in front of me and asked me to see my pupils and she asked if I felt ok.. I told her I felt great.. Ok this is where the "hallucinations" started... I was looking around her.. At this beautiful fabrication in the space around her. It was her ora.. I told her it was pretty bc it was.. I felt so peaceful.. I knew my mom knew but I was happy... Some time goes by while I was just looking at things... Everything seemed to be connect without strands... Its more like tiny nonstop moving colors of colors to make the image.. I found myself back in the living room. We had a pool table dead center and I was close to the room wall on the long side of the table.. I seen these figures. 3.. They each took the form of a person just the outline.. A white matterlike outline of a person. One standing on the opposite side of the table resting his hands on it leaning towards me. The second was to my left and faded in and out as he walked behind the first and around the left corner out of my sight into the kitchen. Just then the third walked out from behind the right corner leading to my room and a face appeared where his face would be and he winked at me. And it made me giggle... I went to my moms door and got her attention to talk to her.. I was about to tell her about these awarenesses but right before it came outta my mouth I heard a loud bang on the wall and immediately said never mind.. Bc it was obvious I shouldnt talk about them to her... She asked why and I asked herif she had heard the bang aand she just looked confused and said no.. I just walked away.. I was sitting in my recliner in my room.. Dad already made it home and called the 9-1-1.. About 7 popo came into my room. One knelt down in front of me. He told me I had to go with them and I refused. He stood up and said I HAD to. My words were "or you'll taze me? in front of my mom?" My mom immediately began to tear up and she asked me to come with her out of the room. So I did. Back in the living room the front door was open and I see paramedics rolling a stretcher towards the house. I look dead at my mom and told her Im not getting on the stretcher bc I was ok and was going to be ok. She cried... She asked me to get on the stretcher for her... So I told her ok and turned towards the door... Before I even took my first step I hear screaming "DONT GET ON THAT STRETCHER" I knew it was the ones around the pool table bc I recognized the vibe... I told my mom that this is the only chance I had to figure out the reason for everything and that "They" told me not to get on the stretcher... "Please son.. For me".... I couldnt hurt my mom like that... I start walkig towards and getting on the stretcher all while all I could hear was "IF YOU DO IT YOU WILL LIVE. YOU NEED TO DIE. PLEASE." They got me buckled up and we were on our way to the hospital... I called the guy in the back with me Dale bc They told me it means complete moron and I told him to call me Slim which They told me means superior intelligence... The only major thing I remember from the ride to the hospital was the ambulance symbol on the window in the back had some badass color waves covering it.. We got to the hospital and as they were rolling me in I turn to my left and there was this really pretty nurse. I felt she needed to be let known so I told her that she was beautiful and to never let anyone tell her differently.. She just stopped following us... The next thing I know I open my eyes and feel super tired looked down at my feet and I see I got a catheter in my dick. I giggled then passed out. I woke up another time and felt something in my throat but passed right tf back out... Everything was black. I knew I was surrounded by all this space but I couldn't move threw it, I couldn't think, I couldn't talk. I was just conscious of this emptiness... Finally I woke up, fully clothed, and there was a lady to my left that called for security over a Walky... She told me i had a granma seizer... Security walked me to the van, the van brought me to a mental institution. Was in there for two weeks and got out...during the two weeks I lost my gf, made a deeper bond with my mom, and met some ppl with the same mindset as me on some strange topics.... To this day... I still feel I shouldn't have gotten on that stretcher..

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_wellbutrin
substancecode_bupropion
substancecode_antidepressants
substancecode_pharms
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_disaster
exptype_overdose
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking crazy man. Nothing is ever worth offing yourself for, man. Im glad you made it through, a grand mal seizure aint somethin that everybody makes it through... Jesus man, my heart goes out to your mom and you, bro. I popped about 400 MG (less than TWO of what your mom had) back in the days when i was stupid enough to try anything, and i had a baddd panic attack (i think), and i dont get panic attack... never have never will.

Appreciate your life, man. Family is everything... you and i are lucky enough to HAVE our moms there in the kitchen AND our dads to call 911...

Hope all is well brother.

I had a pants-wetting seizure on 1500 mg oral xr wellbutrin. 4200mg would definitely be a life-threatening seizure.

from a practical standpoint, once you started blacking out, you'd have been in that stretcher anyway. the authorities don't just let people die.

It sounds like you're in a dangerous state of mind right now, or certainly were leading up to this event. I'm glad you're okay, psychosis is a serious thing and I believe that is what you are experiencing. Reading this gave me chills. Do you actually want to die or are you being led to believe that you should by entities/voices/etc? This is some heavy shit man, you should talk to someone about this if you aren't already doing so.

Take care. <3