• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Wellbutrin and synthetic cathinone interaction ?

Novak

Greenlighter
Hello,
Im on Wellbutrin 150mg/day and what im wondering is if there is ANY known interaction or reaction to synthetic cathinones like A-PVP, 3-CMC etc. ?
Because Bupropion works so that it inhibits the reuptake of Dopamine and Norephinephrine and these synthetic cathinones work either as agonist for dopamine/nor or as reuptake inhibitors themselves -
so I want to have your experiences.

Thanks!

Bupropion is also known to lower your seizure threshold, so be careful when using it with stimulants as they also have some potential to cause a seizure. If you decide to do any, keep your dose low.

Thank you.

What ive gathered is that every stimulant taken while on Wellbutrin(Bupropion) is intensified and that probably goes for side effects too.

What I mainly wanted to know was if there are any imminent danger like with Serotonine reuptake inhibitors and drugs that act on Serotonine...
Anything like that, but from what I have read thus far nothing like that should be a problem when it comes to Dopamine/Ephinephrine. Anybody care to add something/tips please do!

You are aware that Bupropion is itself a Cathinone right? Based upon this knowledge, you could safely assume that it's going to have some kind of interaction with other Cathinones, even if its as simple as blunting their potency.

You are aware that Bupropion is itself a Cathinone right? Based upon this knowledge, you could safely assume that it's going to have some kind of interaction with other Cathinones, even if its as simple as blunting their potency.

Yes, that and its reuptake effect on dopamine and norephinephrine is exactly Why I made this thread.
I really do not think I will be taking any stimulant while on Bupropion though, I will stop the Bupropion a couple days prior to be "safer".
There is not a lot on this earth that is more mentally draining and hellish than being waaay OVERstimulated..

I tried taking both a-pvp once and mdpv once while taking 300mg of wellbutrin daily.

Both the mdpv and apvp worked the same as usual, but I experienced a lot more uncomfortable physical stimulation then I would normally expect from either apvp or mdpv alone. I remember experiencing more anxiety than usual too.

Wellbutrin can add some really fucking scary side effects to drugs. On psychs and weed I've had near psychotic breaks and on kratom I was having partial seizures. YMMV but wellbutrin combos can really take you for a ride.

I feel like wellbutins ability to cause seizures is not dependent on its stimulant effects as a ndri. Because, my sister had a seizure on it and i take wayy stronger stimulants in way higher doses and dont have seizures and shes taken adderall and that didnt gove her a seizure

I'll just interject that Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is really a drug that is best left only to its intended usage, being essentially an antidepressant. I think people don't generally experience positive results from it. Some users report mild stimulation for ~10 minutes, usually followed by a protracted period of negative symptoms such as headache and general malaise.

I just think that it's one of these instances where we, as addicts are always looking for a buzz, so we search high and low and really want things to work for us. Unfortunately, we have to use our logic and accept that we can't always get high and that pursuing some of these bargain basement highs will actually just make us feel worse and waste our time. My point is, try not to let your addiction to convince you to do any more unnecessary, stupid shit than it already does. This includes recreational use of Bupropion.