• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Well finally done with my first amp withdrawal

Zonxx

Bluelighter
So i binged for 4 days totalling 80-200mg adderall per day, and boy oh boy did i not expect to get actual withdrawal for 3 entire days after that ( excluding the 24 hrs i slept too) i just had zero energy and literally felt like i was in a 3 day nod from the lack of energy, and finally on day 4 im back to normal i ate helllllaaaa protein inthe last few days or id bet itd have lasted longer but my god ive done these binges w amps before and yeah i crashed and next day would be abit crappy but never 3 entire days that was just woah

Ive read that each time gets more difficult.. is that what i experienced?

idk i rake adderall as needed for ADd and to help with other issues including problems after withdrawing from methamphetamine that damaged my ability to feel, anyway i never get that bard a comedown from adderall as needed nor when in the past abused them. But i hear they are bad, honesrly the longer you use amphetamines the more dopamine you waste and that leads to depression and lack of pleasure in things, remember a crash isthe exact opposite of the effects of the drugs and your body trys to get back to normal homeostasis. my advise is this rest, maybe gabapentin 600mg or 800mg 1 tab f you have it, don'/ suggest benzos they are addictive. rest and sleep, eat, and deink oramge juice the acid in it clears amhs faster from your systen by raising blood ph. and i suggest staying away from amphetamines for rec use in high doses to much danges involving them but most importantly tolerance, i suggest dealing with the crash which is a few day and you will be fine, but if you keep using like this 2 things happen, you either use more and more to get that feeling and eventually get addicted and can't get them or you start using methamphetaminr, in this case your life becomes hell the drug is fucking heaven, but it destroys you and everything and everyone you love. just fkrom personal experience as a light user i really say just please don't or do adderall highrarely like 1 time a month or so. idk if it is the same with adderall but with meth being so similat i now have problems feeling pleasure and even enoying simple things and sex, and i think addiction to adderall does the same eventually. just please be careful or take it slow. not to put you down but just hoping to pass my knowledge to someone else.

idk i rake adderall as needed for ADd and to help with other issues including problems after withdrawing from methamphetamine that damaged my ability to feel, anyway i never get that bard a comedown from adderall as needed nor when in the past abused them. But i hear they are bad, honesrly the longer you use amphetamines the more dopamine you waste and that leads to depression and lack of pleasure in things, remember a crash isthe exact opposite of the effects of the drugs and your body trys to get back to normal homeostasis. my advise is this rest, maybe gabapentin 600mg or 800mg 1 tab f you have it, don'/ suggest benzos they are addictive. rest and sleep, eat, and deink oramge juice the acid in it clears amhs faster from your systen by raising blood ph. and i suggest staying away from amphetamines for rec use in high doses to much danges involving them but most importantly tolerance, i suggest dealing with the crash which is a few day and you will be fine, but if you keep using like this 2 things happen, you either use more and more to get that feeling and eventually get addicted and can't get them or you start using methamphetaminr, in this case your life becomes hell the drug is fucking heaven, but it destroys you and everything and everyone you love. just fkrom personal experience as a light user i really say just please don't or do adderall highrarely like 1 time a month or so. idk if it is the same with adderall but with meth being so similat i now have problems feeling pleasure and even enoying simple things and sex, and i think addiction to adderall does the same eventually. just please be careful or take it slow. not to put you down but just hoping to pass my knowledge to someone else.
sorry for my spelling having a bit of double vision today .

Hey Zonx! I thought that you might want to know for the record, that what you're experiencing after an acute binge of Amphetamines would not actually be labelled as withdrawal. This is more of an extended "come down" in which your body is just trying to recover from the rapid loss of fluids, nutrients and sleep. Withdrawal would be a term applied more so to an individual who has been using this drug chronically, say for months or years. Folks who use large amounts of Amphetamines for extended periods of time will go through a similar process of rest/recovery, but they might sleep for 7 days straight followed by weeks, months or years of a slow return to normalcy with a crippling level of anhedonia.

So with all of this information in mind, what you're referring to, the Kindling Effect is not entirely relevant to your situation. In short the Kindling Effect is an observed phenomenon in which users of sedative-hypnotic drugs like Alcohol, Benzodiazepines and Barbiturates will produce an increasingly more severe withdrawal syndrome each time the cycle repeats. This phenomenon seems to apply to most drugs in fact, however the studies that we use for reference are focused mainly on the former. If it's simply my opinion, I believe this effect applies to pretty much all drugs when used chronically to varying extents. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the relation between the Kindling Effect and Amphetamines. I will look around though and update ya

So i binged for 4 days totalling 80-200mg adderall per day, and boy oh boy did i not expect to get actual withdrawal for 3 entire days after that ( excluding the 24 hrs i slept too) i just had zero energy and literally felt like i was in a 3 day nod from the lack of energy, and finally on day 4 im back to normal i ate helllllaaaa protein inthe last few days or id bet itd have lasted longer but my god ive done these binges w amps before and yeah i crashed and next day would be abit crappy but never 3 entire days that was just woah

Ive read that each time gets more difficult.. is that what i experienced?

Not really, no. Amphetamine withdrawal is more of an extended comedown due to lack of sufficient nutrients and sleep. In my experience, these comedowns become easier with practice, as opposed to withdrawal from CNS depressants, which really do become worse everytime.

Heh so extended come down, well it couldve been worse tbh, i was pretty much just in and outta sleep for 3 days straight glad i didnt have anything important to do haha

The beauty of amphetamine comedowns is that you just want to sleep for a few days. Its a little inconvenient if you've got loads of shit to do, but compared to opiate withdrawal where you can't sleep for shit, it's a breeze...

Zonz. just as a matter of course, I feel like I should tell you that while you're not doing anything truly insane to your body in turns of negative effects, requiring a 3 day period of rest following an acute binge like this is a sing the you are using a higher than typically consumed dosage. Be careful everyone. Even if you're not hungover or what have you, the effect of Alcohol has an utterly negative impact on the course of society and our individual journey(s).