Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Misc Weird text message on phone

anonymouse77

Bluelighter
Can anything come from replying to a text message from an unknown number on a talk and text phone (not a smart phone)? It's a weird number it came from too and doesn't look to be from my country. Just says "hello jane/fred" (using example of whatever so you get the drift. But it was my first name). So an unknown message saying hello with my name in it.

I recently bought some medications from india successfully and got scammed by another scammer also so a few places may have my mobile number. I didn't reply but tried to ring it back and it rang out and went to a message thing which said no message bank had been set up. It sounded like an american accent. I am worried it is someone trying to scam me or scare me.

Hoping you can please kindly advise.

Can anything come from replying to a text message from an unknown number on a talk and text phone (not a smart phone)? It's a weird number it came from too and doesn't look to be from my country. Just says "hello jane/fred" (using example of whatever so you get the drift. But it was my first name). So an unknown message saying hello with my name in it.

I recently bought some medications from india successfully and got scammed by another scammer also so a few places may have my mobile number. I didn't reply but tried to ring it back and it rang out and went to a message thing which said no message bank had been set up. It sounded like an american accent. I am worried it is someone trying to scam me or scare me.

Hoping you can please kindly advise.
It's probably just someone whose number you don't have anymore trying to get in touch

Of course it could be a scam - but nobody can scam you if you just ignore what they say can they?

So, the best way to stop being anxious about what it could be would be to ring or text the number - then you'll find out what it is and can act accordingly

It's probably just someone whose number you don't have anymore trying to get in touch

Of course it could be a scam - but nobody can scam you if you just ignore what they say can they?

So, the best way to stop being anxious about what it could be would be to ring or text the number - then you'll find out what it is and can act accordingly
Thank you. I agree nobody can scam you if you ignore what they say.

The thing is there is no one in my life who would be trying to get in touch. I am a literal hermit. The last person who got in touch was a relative and they will lead with hello and who they are. Not be all mysterious with just "hello (name)".

Also the other thing is the number is like an overseas/foreign number. I can't work it out as any number I have seen before.