• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Weird side effects (lightheaded) after MDMA use

RachaelFromFriends

Greenlighter
So I rolled a week ago. Did not take much, must have taken no more than 160-180 mg all together in two doses throughout the night. When I came home I made sure to drink lots of fluid and even took a Berocca before I went to sleep. I did heavy sessions of MDMA at the start of the year but then took a 5 month break, which helped me get back on track. 2 months ago I rolled a pill, and a month ago I rolled half a pill and now a week ago I rolled again. So I haven't rolled excessively. But I just feel a bit weird in the head. My head feels like it's filled with vacuum. I don't know how to explain it. But I feel very lightheaded. I have very little energy as well. I have been on a raw food diet ever since but still not any better. I tried 5htp with b6 a couple of days ago but it made me feel really strange so I stopped. Anyways.. Just wondering, has anyone experienced anything similar? What could it be?

Rolling every month may be too often, many people find it unsustainable after a while. Consider taking longer breaks between rolls.

Since your recent use has not been very severe, I'm optimistic that you'll start to feel better soon. It's good that you're eating healthy, try to also get regular exercise and plenty of sleep.

Yeah I really hope so. I mean I don't think my recent use is to blame for how I feel but my past frequent use rather. Thanks for your help.

I second the exercise if you don't start to feel better soon, it's very beneficial for recovering from amphetamines. MDMA is an amphetamine and for a multitude of different reasons (low blood pressure, electrolyte imbalance from too much water, low blood sugar from all the recent energy expenditure and stress hormones) dizziness can arise. If it gets worse upon standing it's definitely low blood pressure, if its constant but gets better with eating sugary foods it could be hypoglycemia. Your brain cells have a very small storage of glucose, they really can run out of energy quickly and it can take a while for them to recover.

A well rounded diet with multivitamins is a good idea. Do your best to get good sleep too, and then if it's not getting better a week from now I most definitely would start doing regular cardio a couple times a week because this might be due to chronic deconditioning (often associated with amphetamine use) but regardless of the cause cardio will help. Walking would be great for now.

If the dizziness (especially upon standing) really does not go away after a couple months and with diet and exercise then a condition such as orthostatic intolerance should be considered.

Goodluck, any questions are welcome <3

Last edited:
Thank you Cotcha Yanikov. My symptoms are in waves at the moment. I would get headache upon standing up before but that's gone now. What I feel now is this constant tingling headache as if a tight headband. It kinda feels like a very very mild migraine but it's constant. This makes me feel spacy and this is in turn giving me anxiety which in turn is affects my energy and apetite to the point where I don't have one. I am forcing myself to eat lots of fruits and vegetables though. I did some yoga which helped. So the emotions are a bit more under control now it's just this headache spacy thing that I can't get rid off. Do you know what it could be?

This is very likely a problem with bloodflow to the front part of the brain.

Studies have shown after MDMA use there is reduced bloodflow to the front part of the brain for about 6 weeks. I think this is responsible at a root level for a lot of your symptoms. It will help to get the blood flowing with exercise of any sort, even just lifting weights or yoga. If it's not a big deal for you I would try to eat some red meat with a multivitamin.

I think that it got worse upon standing in the past is a key piece to this puzzle. It might have gotten a bit better to the point that you don't notice it getting horribly worse upon standing but it's likely with you a little bit all the time still. I highly recommend getting some exercise in, long walks would be good for now but down the road light jogging for 20-30 minutes a couple times a week would be absolutely awesome. Exercise not only gets the blood flowing throughout the brain but it also builds new blood vessels all over the brain and is very healthy for many many different reasons. I can't recommend cardio enough if you want to be healthy throughout the rest of your days.

Take care of yourself, and try to stay away from the MDMA in the future ;) there's nothing wrong with some weed or mushrooms though. Let us know how you're doing, especially if you're not getting better. Toodles!

Thanks for your reply and help. I am about 60-70 % recovered which feels great. I'm optimistic within 2 weeks I'll be about 80-90% and in a month fingers crossed I'll be 100.