• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Weird Reaction to Caffeine After Taking Adderall

alxon

Greenlighter
So in February my friend and I took XRs, and since then I had strange anxiety and a weird physical reaction. I would get a closing / tightness in my throat and my eyes would feel watery with pressure behind them. Because of other factors such as a medication and a semi-traumatic experience, I had no clue what caused it. This feeling would occur daily along with strange anxiety and depression. I was also a daily coffee drinker. From February to May this effect would constantly persist.
I eventually quit caffeine, and the feeling had gone away. About a month later during finals week I took Adderall for a day of studying. I had that same choked up anxious feeling again, making me realize Adderall was the cause. I was back on caffeine and no matter after how much time that effect wouldn't go away after I had any. So for this month I quit caffeine, which is going alright for me. But I really don't wanna keep living like this, I'd like to enjoy caffeine again.
Did this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to get rid of it? Am I stuck like this forever?