• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos weird question but how long after taking a drug can u throw up and still get full affects

shlizzz

Greenlighter
so i’m fucked up and not only have a drug problem but i also have a bulimia problem so sometimes i take a drug then wanna eat and throw up so i have to decide if i care more about being high or throwing up lol.

so like how long after taking kpins, oxy, xans, etc orally or nasally can i throw up and still get the full effects??

Generally once the drugs taken full effect, then you can throw up without reducing the drugs effect.

In other words, one and a half to two hours for orally taken drugs. Perhaps a bit less for nasal administration. After that it shouldn't be a problem.

I can relate simply on the fact of taking drugs and throwing up because of taking them lol.

I’d say a minimum of 30 minutes, one time I ate shrooms and vomited 20 minutes later and still tripped so... it’s possible

I am curious what kind of experience people have had with poppy seed and poppy tea . . . on the one hand, the nausea is caused by an effect of the alkaloids on the chemo-receptor trigger zone in the CNS, on the other hand, the bitterness is something which can contribute to the nausea and vomiting. There have been cases where I vomited a large quantity of the tea back up, which was followed immediately with a rush of euphoria and body load feeling about 30 times that caused by the Piss Shiver -- a bit of acetylcholine, endorphins, and other things . . .

There also have been cases where I drank a bunch of poppy seed tea after eating not long before or was and then felt a little nauseated and vomited everything up in three to seven opening my mouth wide open with no-- presumably there was an overflow sensor at the bottom of my oesophagus or a pressure gauge, heh heh heh

Last edited:
I can relate simply on the fact of taking drugs and throwing up because of taking them lol.

I’d say a minimum of 30 minutes, one time I ate shrooms and vomited 20 minutes later and still tripped so... it’s possible

I don't think 30 minutes is long enough.

Yes, by 30 minutes some of the drug will be in your system, but not all of it.

I strongly suspect by 30 minutes you'd likely experience a notably reduced effect from the drug.

Oral drugs usually take about an hour and a half to reach about peak effect.

30 minutes will be enough to still feel it, but it might not last as long or be as intense.

I take my pain meds nasally and have on occasion thrown up within 5 minutes. They will do that to me sometimes but I've never noticed any reduction of the meds whatsoever. The stuff is absorbed inside the nose or close by, so none of it is in the stomach. That's my opinion at least.

This is something that happens commonly enough that drug manufacturers, well, companies which make prescription medications at least, started research on hydromorphone, oxymorphone, and morphine nasal sprays or fluid for instilling into the nose, and I believe Stadol Nasal Spray may have been the first formulation for human butorphanol dosing as well . . . I remember when people were able to get a powder for insufflation for use as an appetite suppressant and metabolic stimulant -- caffeine + benzocaine + phenylpropanolamine was the formula I believe. That or another formulation of OTC diet medication was also the last injectable medication available over the counter in the United States; April 1976 I think was when the general prescription laws were changed to mandate that . . . I am pretty sure that the insufflation powder in question could be used in analogues of crack and White Tornado . . .

Something I learned the hard way was that even with sublingual administration being close to the way nasal administration is absorbed by the body, there may be other ingredients which are not pleasant to have in one's nostrils, such as alcohol or at least lots of alcohol -- I learned this using an eyedropper to put Tusscodin Sublingual Drops (nicocodeine HCl) into my nose one night about 20 years ago. It was a cough medication, but a cough medication that makes one feel just like Jesus' ear, nose & throat doctor at the right dose . . . snorting smashed-up Vilan (nicomorphine HCl) tablets and the injection fluid sprayed or instilled into the nose are very nice though -- nicomorphine, being a 3,6-diester of morphine, works the same way as smack, which is commonly insufflated . . .

Last edited: