• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Weird Problem

Snorlaxative

Greenlighter
For some reason I only seem to get euphoria from oxy when I snort it. I've tried it orally multiple times and not really felt much, but when I snort it I feel great. I know it's not a problem with dose, and I don't have this problem with other opiates like hydro. I read a post from some other guy with the opposite problem (only got euphoria orally, not from snorting). Just wondering how this could be possible. It's the same drug, why would the ROA matter? I know a lot of people might think I'm doing something wrong or I'm just full of shit, but I'm not. This problem is especially annoying because I need like 40mg of oxy to get high, so even though I have some 10/325s, I would have to do a CWE and then evaporate the water to end up with a snortable powder (which is a huge pain in the ass and might not even work well). Just wondering what people think of this and if anyone else has this or a similar problem.

I would presume it's all in your head, oral oxy has a much higher BA but less of a rush

And the contents of your gut, just like the pokemon with a perpetually full stomach %)

Maybe I just happened to eat something that negated the effects? Seems unlikely though because I tried it at least three times orally and don't think I ate for a few hours prior to each dose. Any foods that are known to negate opiate effects?

Another possibility is that there was a time release that I wasn't defeating when I took it orally. I did chew the pills but maybe the powder needs to be super fine to beat it (which it would be when snorted). Thoughts?

I'm not aware of a time release mechanism in perc 10/325s. OP oxy does though, the pill is incredibly hard to cut in half

Next time be mindful to try it on an empty stomach and see what happens? I wait 4+ hours since a previous meal.

When I CWE'd 4x 5/325 percs, the first couple times I thought 'this is lame, I must have done the CWE incorrectly' but I followed the technique on this site, it was likely just my imagination.

1) smash pills into powder
2) dissolve in 20mL water (apap solubility in water: 14mg/mL @ 20 degrees celsius)
3) strain 'perc water' through a moist coffee filter into cup
4) re-strain again
5) enjoy

Oral oxycodone tends to produce a lower peak concentration and the peak appears later than nasally ingezsted oxy. So even though the AUC/bioavailibility of oral oxy is higher, snorting seems more intense.