• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weird problem with edible high

plume1125

Greenlighter
Hello

I am a relatively new user of marijuana. I am not a person who wants to smoke, so I took up edibles instead. I buy them from a dispensary at the state mandated level of THC in each edible (10mg).

now, I have no idea what high is supposed to feel like, but from where I stand I have not gotten high. this is what happens, though.

after eating the edible and waiting 90 mins, I start to feel my muscles twitching in my legs. it feels kinda like a massage. couch lock does not set in.

now the back of my calves start to become weird. it starts to feel a stinging, pulsating feeling every 3 seconds. you feel that the whole time.

while my legs were getting skewered, there are places on my body where it feels like someone has a taser and is zapping me in random spots. this usually causes twitching to happen everywhere and some shaking.

while this is happening, my legs finally start to feel heavy. but I would basically lose feeling in my legs at all unless I move it around. once you stop, you can feel the numbness setting in. also, after a while it starts to also feel like there is a giant bruse on your legs and they feel like they are burning.

also, sweating profusely even with the fan on.

while all this is happening down below (the taser zaps happen everywhere), your top half feels absolutely nothing. I mean heart is beating faster and you're sweating a lot , but your vision doesn't change, things move at the same speed, I don't feel this calm or relaxed feeling. nothing. it feels like I didn't take weed. completely normal.

also. no munchies. I get no munchies at all.

this "high" sounds nothing like the experience that my friends keep saying. It was just painful and annoying for the bottom half of my body and boring and annoying for the top.

problem is: I don't know what it is. unless you can have a panic attack and not know it, I don't think I was panicking much. I was just typing on the computer and talking with my friends. but at this moment, I have no idea what it is.

I used 3 times. first time I took too much (40mg THC) and basically went tripping. the second time (20mg thc), I didn't take enough and nothing happened except a some zaps and twitching and the needle feeling. the third time(30mg), what I described above happened.

has anyone else had the same experience before or can tell what it is?

thanks for the responses

Sounds to me like you're sensitive to THC. The first few times I've smoked I've gone very numb. Sweating, heart racing, can't feel body, no munchies.

Over time I became tolerant to it and began smoking at a young age.

Are these medicinal edibles?

Lower your dose or just not bother. Maybe CBD dominant edibles will be better suited.

Edibles are very potent.

Homeless ----> Cannabis Discussion

Man I have never heard of that type of re-action to edibles (which are usually pretty potent, yeah). I know sometimes people don't feel a drug when they first start out, but having random cramps/pains and stuff must be annoying. Like Blank said above though, sometimes people re-act differently. I've gotten sweats before, heart racing, other stuff. Maybe you should try taking more, or less, or a different type of edible?

What you are describing can happen to people on high doses of oral cannabis consumed in food. The one time I ate a large dose of cannabis in food what you described happened to me with feeling like energy was rushing through my body, and I was getting a massage. I was sweating my heart was racing and it felt as though my arms and legs were made of lead at times, but it was psychedelic too. I was so stoned that night that I literally felt like I was going to pass out.

You said you do not want to smoke, why is that? Have you ever smoked herb before? Have you tried a vaporizer? Try much lower doses of edibles like 10-15mg or even 5mg.