• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weird pain during injection sometimes

caseyjonsin

Greenlighter
So, recently over the last couple months ive been injecting into my hands and fingers alot more, and every once in a while i will have odd pain when injecting. It doesnt hurt near as bad as missing and on top of the the pain isnt at the injection site. Example i went into a vein on my middle finger on the bottom side earlier, the shot registered fine and about halfway through a 80unit shot i got burning pain in other fingers and in my palm. Ive had this happen before when injecting into other veons in my hands as well. Any help on what could be causinf this would be greatly appreciated. Abit more information, im using about 1/3 of an 8mg sub strip. Ive been off all opiates but it for almost 2 years now. Also not shooting isnt an option at this time. Im trying to stop iv'ing but am still hooked on the needle. Again , thank you all for any info you have.

Have you consider giving it some time. You don't have to use the needle for 8 mg sub strip as far as I know.
If you are using veins with small caliber like those you are describing can cause pain, you might lose them quickly.
You are off opiates and and are using sub to help you to cope with that. I change the way you use them for your own benefit.
I know that's not what you are expecting to hear. From my experience, having no veins in and around my fingers have only caused me problems.

As i said, just not using a needle isnt an option at this time. Atleast not til ive weaned down to a lower dose. The bioavailability of bupe is only around 33% when used sublingually compared to 100% iv. Im using 1/3 twice a day and only get 7 a week so switching to sublingual straight away would just leave me withdrawing again (ive tried)

I'm no pro but it sounds like you are injecting way more then those veins can handle. See if plugging the bupe will work if you can't sacrifice bioavailability, for most drugs it's almost as efficient as IV.

You have massive amounts of nerve endings in your hands(I believe only your back has more) so if you are off in the tiniest bit you will get the searing pain or even sometimes massive swelling. Not a good place to shoot up if you have other options!

Yeah, its not massive pain, it doesn't even hurt as bad as if I were to miss. What it honestly feels like is all the veins in my hand were to suddenly get tiny holes and a bit of the drug is missing to all those places. I mean I know that isn't the case just the best way to describe it. The area around the actual injection feels fine, its other places around my hand. It doesn't seem to happen when I go into the back of my hands or fingers, only when. I go into some of the veins running down the side/front of my finers, I've got a lot of places I can hit on my hands and fingers. I just prefer to try and use a different vein each time. I haven't collapsed any of them yet and would like to keep it that way.

Sounds like nerve pain , regularly shooting badly filtered solutions in certain sensitive places like fingers and feet always leads to nerve damage and subsequently pain IME.