• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Weird IV experience. Question. Help

Onehundred

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, long time lurker first time posting.

Seasoned IV heroin user here. Northeast. Powder. Today I went to use, injected in my newish usual spot, crook of left arm. When I push the plunger down I will often pull it back up a few times on the way to make sure I’m still in the vein, when I get to the bottom I pull it up once more to be sure and then finish up etc. So, I go to hit and on my last draw back I push the plunger down and feel a little nick/tingle feeling. My body immediately sends me that something is bad feeling (in your stomach) & waves that wash over me. My heart rate increases. At this point I begin to lowkey freaking out. After I removed the syringe from my arm I pressed my finger over the spot and begin some controlled breathing in attempt to lower my heart rate. The moment last about 1 full minute and passes.

My pupils however are larger than usual (are almost always small due to being high everyday) so I did take note of that. In the past I have been burned a couple times with coke instead of dope or dope cut with coke with those experiences really freaking me out. Scared me, to be honest. So whenever something happens it’s my first though that it’s hapened again and I panic. I am not a stim person at all. Excluding those instances I haven’t done caine in 6-7 years. I dislike it.

So I chalk that shot up to the game as a one off one time weird deal. My stuff is solid and consistent and I probably touched something in my arm that I shouldn’t have and this was my bodies response with maybe a little anxiety attack on top.

Fast forward 8 hours later. Fix another shot, go to the spot, all good so far, I get halfway done with the shot and heart rate increases, I stop pushing the plunger, calm myself down and slowly finish the shot. Heart rate doesn’t reach the highs it did previously & decreases after about 30 seconds leaving me feeling rather odd/off awake and a little shaky.

My question is that do you guys think? It’s very easy to think there is something in the stuff but my source is legit and what I get is so consistent and good. I don’t go anywhere else. Maybe there is a nerve or something in the area where I hit that i am aggravating? Maybe my anxieties from previous poor experiences led me to a small panic attack? This spot is newish and has seen 20+ hits with no issues. However I understand things happen. I am just thinking out loud. I will mention there was no pain or numbness whatsoever.

Tl;dr- banged h in regular spot, felt tingle and weird wave of panic wash over me. Increased heart rate for short period of time. Waited 8 hours tried again with same product with same result. Feel off. Pupils are larger than usual.

Any input it appreciated.

Edit: Update- 2 hours after my second hit i did another one. Went well. Only at the end when I started thinking about the first hit and how I felt did I feel a little bump up in heart rate, which I quickly brought back down. Lasted 15 seconds tops. Do not underestimate the power of the mind. I really think I just freaked myself out. Especially because I do big hits.

Getting coke instead of dope is my number one fear when using. Nothing to counter act a coke od, besides dope I guess. And if you just did all you had and your head starts ringing, your heart feels like it’s going to explode & you’re vomiting you realize your dope was coke and you’re fucked. It’s scary. It scarred me lol.

Last edited:
I’d say it’s the product not the vein. Sometimes even the best dealers get shit batches brother

Thanks for the response. I totally get what you’re saying. I remember what coke tastes like & feels like iv. Looking back in it now a few hours later I am certain it wasn’t laced.

Anyways. I just did another one. Went well. Only at the end when I started thinking about the first hit and how I felt did I feel a little bump up in heart rate, which I quickly brought back down. Lasted 15 seconds tops. Do not underestimate the power of the mind.

My confidence in the product comprised with the details of the first hit experience has me leaning towards this reaction being anxiety related. Now, ten minutes after most recent hit I feel great. My eyes aren’t sore anymore and feel much more like I should after a hit.

Sounds like a bad product. I just copped some H laced with meth

Did you make a thread on it? I just read one like that. Tar with crystals in it or something. That sucks man, stupid and unfair to the user if they don’t know. When I lived in CA the tar was dirty. Tore up your veins. Guys told me all sorts of weird shit they would put in it. Brick dust. All sorts of weird shit.

Last edited:
You're not telling if the stuff Is grttin you high or not. It seems tho thst ur batch Is most likely laced with some weird stimlike RC or something.

"Cotton fever"? I'm not an expert in injectables but symptoms you describe sound a little like what can happen if you get a miniscule little bit of filter or some other foreign body sucked up into your syringe accidentally. Or else it's really shit gear cut with something unspeakable.
Be really careful. don't use same fit more than once or get sloppy with your spoon etc. presumably you're cooking it up yourself - not buying pre-packed fits from dealer!

ps because it goes without saying that the latter is the fast track to Hep C or worse...my late cousin, longtime smack user, got blood poisoning from re-using same fit and nearly died. Got feverish etc (she ended up dying anyway, but from one of those tragic ODs people do when they've not used for years and decide to have a taste ... overestimated her tolerance. This must surely be one of the most common ways people die from smack - not in the addict phase but in a post addict phase...anyway be careful!

ps because it goes without saying that the latter is the fast track to Hep C or worse...my late cousin, longtime smack user, got blood poisoning from re-using same fit and nearly died. Got feverish etc (she ended up dying anyway, but from one of those tragic ODs people do when they've not used for years and decide to have a taste ... overestimated her tolerance. This must surely be one of the most common ways people die from smack - not in the addict phase but in a post addict phase...anyway be careful!

Thanks for your input. I have unfortunately had cotton fever many times. A misconception about cotton fever is getting cotton into your bloodstream. This is incorrect. It is the bacteria that is on the cotton or needle tip that will give you “cotton fever”. Still getting it from the cotton, thus “cotton fever”. One summer I was living in my car. I would save the cotton and leftovers in my spoon for later wrapped up in a cloth in my trunk. When I would go back to it after a few hours and fix a hit I would get CF. This happened three times in a row before I swore off cotton shots. My theory was the heat attributed to accelerated bacterial growth. Fast forward to now, where I have a house I am able to store my things in a cooler climate controlled area I haven’t gotten CF. It’s been years. I also never let it sit for more than a few hours and routinely clean my syringes/tips and works.

I have personally known three people who ended up with heart infections from their dirty works. Two had extensive hospital stays lasting months. One died.

Fortunately this time I did not experience and fever, nausea/vomiting, chills/shakes or muscle/joint pain which is what I experience with CF.

I agree with the others here that it's definitely something in what you injected rather than how you injected it.

However there is something I wanna say about how you're injecting it.

I strongly advise you not pull back on the plunger repeatedly... flushing the syringe multiple times when you shoot.

A really good friend of mine has collapsed pretty much every single vein he has except for one in his groin, and best I can tell it's because of him doing that.

He used the same heroin as me, same amount, same frequency. And his injection technique was similar, except that he has OCD that compels him to regularly flush the syringe several times while injecting. And he's lost nearly every vein while I've lost none. He's older than me, but not enough to explain the difference.

I can only assume that it's really bad for your veins.

I just wanted to warn you. And I really don't think you need to do it. Generally if you're not in a vein, injecting will hurt, that's usually a reasonably reliable way to tell you're not in a vein. Also in my experience, if you're in the vein when you start shooting, you usually stay in it. It's generally when you second guess and try to register again that you potentially lose it.

I get that it can be so easy to slip out of the vein, and no IV user wants to miss their shot, I'd just had to see anyone wind up like my friend if it can be avoided.

So I just thought I'd let you know. :)

Stay safe. Sounds like there's something wrong with that batch of dope though.

I have personally known three people who ended up with heart infections from their dirty works. Two had extensive hospital stays lasting months. One died.

Same, I knew one, she died.

It's really unfair that some of us take so many risks over and over and over again and somehow survive with little damage while others just seem to get unlucky and die. :(

I had similar experience with little anxiety attacks and I am still not sure why it happened, but I it is highly likely that it was just my mind and my anxiety issues, as the other person using the same stuff had nothing like that. Anyways, the anxiety passed, the high lasted. But there was another weird IV experience I have not had myself, but people I knew - I did not see it myself, just heard stories, but basically they would inject and instead of nodding out, they would suddenly freak out, get up and start screaming/throwing shit around room or something like that. However, they experienced it just like two or three times. Still weird.

I agree with the others here that it's definitely something in what you injected rather than how you injected it.

However there is something I wanna say about how you're injecting it.

I strongly advise you not pull back on the plunger repeatedly... flushing the syringe multiple times when you shoot.

A really good friend of mine has collapsed pretty much every single vein he has except for one in his groin, and best I can tell it's because of him doing that.

He used the same heroin as me, same amount, same frequency. And his injection technique was similar, except that he has OCD that compels him to regularly flush the syringe several times while injecting. And he's lost nearly every vein while I've lost none. He's older than me, but not enough to explain the difference.

I can only assume that it's really bad for your veins.

I just wanted to warn you. And I really don't think you need to do it. Generally if you're not in a vein, injecting will hurt, that's usually a reasonably reliable way to tell you're not in a vein. Also in my experience, if you're in the vein when you start shooting, you usually stay in it. It's generally when you second guess and try to register again that you potentially lose it.

I get that it can be so easy to slip out of the vein, and no IV user wants to miss their shot, I'd just had to see anyone wind up like my friend if it can be avoided.

So I just thought I'd let you know. :)

Stay safe. Sounds like there's something wrong with that batch of dope though.

Same, I knew one, she died.

It's really unfair that some of us take so many risks over and over and over again and somehow survive with little damage while others just seem to get unlucky and die. :(

Thanks for the reply. Your friends routine sounds exactly like mine. It is more of an ocd thing because while my spot is deep and missing isn’t as bad as an area where there isn’t a lot of tissue (hands) it doesn’t hurt much as all but I can still tell. I’m actually going to stop doing it now. Keep in mind that genetics are a variable in that thought. Some people have great veins while others like myself have smaller veins. Some last longer than others. Obviously using drugs that tear up veins (meth coke tar) will advance vein deterioration in any case.

In my distorted thinking I figured it wouldn’t be that big of a deal because after so much it’s mostly blood in the barrel right? What harm could it be? But I do see that there are inherent risks when using and I really don’t know shit even after all this time. I try my best to make smart choices, because I do like being alive and healthy.

Last edited:
I had similar experience with little anxiety attacks and I am still not sure why it happened, but I it is highly likely that it was just my mind and my anxiety issues, as the other person using the same stuff had nothing like that. Anyways, the anxiety passed, the high lasted. But there was another weird IV experience I have not had myself, but people I knew - I did not see it myself, just heard stories, but basically they would inject and instead of nodding out, they would suddenly freak out, get up and start screaming/throwing shit around room or something like that. However, they experienced it just like two or three times. Still weird.

All it takes for me is to have one little thought or worry about my stuff being laced or not what it’s supposed to be and my mind takes off. Especially if I’m in vein and something feels wrong, and if it is the product I call back and tell who I need to tell.

Hello everyone, long time lurker first time posting.

Seasoned IV heroin user here. Northeast. Powder. Today I went to use, injected in my newish usual spot, crook of left arm. When I push the plunger down I will often pull it back up a few times on the way to make sure I’m still in the vein, when I get to the bottom I pull it up once more to be sure and then finish up etc. So, I go to hit and on my last draw back I push the plunger down and feel a little nick/tingle feeling. My body immediately sends me that something is bad feeling (in your stomach) & waves that wash over me. My heart rate increases. At this point I begin to lowkey freaking out. After I removed the syringe from my arm I pressed my finger over the spot and begin some controlled breathing in attempt to lower my heart rate. The moment last about 1 full minute and passes.

My pupils however are larger than usual (are almost always small due to being high everyday) so I did take note of that. In the past I have been burned a couple times with coke instead of dope or dope cut with coke with those experiences really freaking me out. Scared me, to be honest. So whenever something happens it’s my first though that it’s hapened again and I panic. I am not a stim person at all. Excluding those instances I haven’t done caine in 6-7 years. I dislike it.

So I chalk that shot up to the game as a one off one time weird deal. My stuff is solid and consistent and I probably touched something in my arm that I shouldn’t have and this was my bodies response with maybe a little anxiety attack on top.

Fast forward 8 hours later. Fix another shot, go to the spot, all good so far, I get halfway done with the shot and heart rate increases, I stop pushing the plunger, calm myself down and slowly finish the shot. Heart rate doesn’t reach the highs it did previously & decreases after about 30 seconds leaving me feeling rather odd/off awake and a little shaky.

My question is that do you guys think? It’s very easy to think there is something in the stuff but my source is legit and what I get is so consistent and good. I don’t go anywhere else. Maybe there is a nerve or something in the area where I hit that i am aggravating? Maybe my anxieties from previous poor experiences led me to a small panic attack? This spot is newish and has seen 20+ hits with no issues. However I understand things happen. I am just thinking out loud. I will mention there was no pain or numbness whatsoever.

Tl;dr- banged h in regular spot, felt tingle and weird wave of panic wash over me. Increased heart rate for short period of time. Waited 8 hours tried again with same product with same result. Feel off. Pupils are larger than usual.

Any input it appreciated.

Edit: Update- 2 hours after my second hit i did another one. Went well. Only at the end when I started thinking about the first hit and how I felt did I feel a little bump up in heart rate, which I quickly brought back down. Lasted 15 seconds tops. Do not underestimate the power of the mind. I really think I just freaked myself out. Especially because I do big hits.

Getting coke instead of dope is my number one fear when using. Nothing to counter act a coke od, besides dope I guess. And if you just did all you had and your head starts ringing, your heart feels like it’s going to explode & you’re vomiting you realize your dope was coke and you’re fucked. It’s scary. It scarred me lol.

At first I thought artery but if it happened again (especially on the same dope), Definitely a histamine rush.

when I copped in Newark, it only happened maybe a few times over a few years. It happened pretty much every shot of tar in SF.

the cause is either impure dope (unlikely) with morphine/codeine still in the powder or, more likely, it was left out or otherwise improperly sealed and degraded partially or wholly to MA/Morphine.

This is definitely product, I know you want to think that you’ve got the most consistent hookup known to man but based on what you’ve said in this thread I can guarantee that’s not the case.

No amount of anxiety or anything should have you essentially “a little awake/shaky” and if you shot the product twice with the same results then it’s Bunk.

The northeast is all fent or related analogs these days, you so adamant that you get the real deal shows how unrealistic/naive you are being.

-GC

This is definitely product, I know you want to think that you’ve got the most consistent hookup known to man but based on what you’ve said in this thread I can guarantee that’s not the case.

No amount of anxiety or anything should have you essentially “a little awake/shaky” and if you shot the product twice with the same results then it’s Bunk.

The northeast is all fent or related analogs these days, you so adamant that you get the real deal shows how unrealistic/naive you are being.

-GC
Thank God someone said it. This entire post made me cringe.

OP dude wtf are you talking about? Have you ever actually done heroin? Everything about this post suggests you have little or no experience IV/buying/using any legitimate drugs.

I bet you told the king pin it was fire.

"I kinda think I felt the 3rd one, a little bit, in my eyes."

C'mon dude. This is the Bigs.