• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Weird Drug Culture Effects That No Longer Happen: Opium and Cauliflower Ears

I found this earlier and thought from the title it meant opium actually causes cauliflower ears but it was actually smoking opium and laying on hard wooden or stone opium beds and opium pillows in cheap/poorer opium dens.

I had to click this just to see HOW that could happen, thinking same thing. It's something I've only really heard of from my son and daughter wrestling.

There were cases of heroin addicts becoming paralyzed zombies from some weird heroin mistaken chemical that made its way into batches a long time ago. To assed to look it up right now.

Also not as common but Napoleon's army was struck with blindness and neuro problems from drinking isopropyl alcohol.

There were cases of heroin addicts becoming paralyzed zombies from some weird heroin mistaken chemical that made its way into batches a long time ago. To assed to look it up right now.

Also not as common but Napoleon's army was struck with blindness and neuro problems from drinking isopropyl alcohol.

Do you mean MPTP when you talk about the heroin user's becoming 'zombies'?
It's an impurity of MPPP (Desmethylprodine, an opioid related to pethidine/meperidine.) that causes Parkinson's disease like symptoms.
Barry Kidston, a 23 year old graduate student of chemistry was looking for a legal opioid back in the 70's and synthesized Desmethylprodine but also MPTP as an impurity and after a few months he had severe Parkinson's symptoms.

Regarding the isopropyl alcohol, how did they mistake that for ethyl alcohol/drinking alcohol and where did they get it?

I'm sorry Napoleon's army was affected by wood alcohol and cheaply made moonshine made with fruits that had high levels of methanol.

Yeah.. . you were right about mptp, that was the story. I remember the contaminant being initials and it was called the case of the frozen addicts.

Last edited:
Thats interesting. I know a lady that is basically a hunch back kinda. Just terrible scoliosis from spending all of her time nodding on iv morphine and daily methadone.

Do the countless inexplicable injuries I've suffered when totally faced count?

BBx

I had to click this just to see HOW that could happen, thinking same thing. It's something I've only really heard of from my son and daughter wrestling.
heroin can cause cauliflower ears - my imaginary friend was an imaginary horse dealer taught a junky a lesson with a hammer to the side of the head a long time ago i think dudes name was Paul. i used to see him and his cauliflower ear around but havn't in a long time

i know swim and imaginary ain't custom here but i ain't about saying nothing that could implicate anyone aside from me

Thats interesting. I know a lady that is basically a hunch back kinda. Just terrible scoliosis from spending all of her time nodding on iv morphine and daily methadone.

This kinda stuff definitely happens. People lose the use of limbs all the time from nodding out on them. I got radial nerve palsey and had a limp wrist for months due to nodding out on one of my arms once. I also had to kick the bathroom door down after a friend nodded out on the Toilet. I had to carry her out to the car and drive her to the hospital because she couldn't use her legs. It also took her months to regain the ability to walk the doctor said another couple of hours and she could have had perminant nerve damage and lost the ability to walk indefinitely.

This kinda stiff definitely happens. People lose the use of limbs all the time from nodding out on them. I got radial nerve palsey and had a limp wrist for months due to nodding out on one of my arms once. I also had to kick the bathroom door down after a friend nodded out on the Toilet. I had to carry her out to the car and drive her to the hospital because she couldn't use her legs. It also took her months to regain the ability to walk the doctor said another couple of hours and she could have had perminant nerve damage and lost the ability to walk indefinitely.
i love your screen name cuz sleeeeeeeeeeep

i love your screen name cuz sleeeeeeeeeeep

Yes..... Unfortunately I am an insomniac because of my past sedative addictions and preparations from a particular plant that draws its name from its sleep or "nod" producing abilities.....lol..... I truly do love sleep... Ahhhhh.... Sweet sleep that never seems to come.

Yes..... Unfortunately I am an insomniac because of my past sedative addictions and preparations from a particular plant that draws its name from its sleep or "nod" producing abilities.....lol..... I truly do love sleep... Ahhhhh.... Sweet sleep that never seems to come.
ahh the sweet flower that produces the milk of the god of dreams.

an intellectual too. colour me impressed. I'm honored that you knew i'd understand that in this crowd i don't mind many would.

ahh the sweet flower that produces the milk of the god of dreams.

an intellectual too. colour me impressed. I'm honored that you knew i'd understand that in this crowd i don't mind many would.

I'm a shot out intellectual....lol.... I took latin in high school and a bit in college because I was already familiar, with having had the 2yrs in high school, so I chose it as my foreign, which I now regret but perhaps the best part of learning a dead language is that it increased my vocabulary exponentially and allows my to recognize root words in the romance languages.

I think you might be surprised to find that a great number of our illustrious ranks, here at the prestigious college of pharmacopia, otherwise known as Bluelight are familiar with the latin name for papaver species Somniferum and it's wonderful latex but I am indeed impressed with your knowledge of all things gardening and mythology related.

@alarminglynefarious Judging from your spelling of colour I am guessing you might be from the UK, so I am not sure if you are familiar with the American colloquial expression "shot out" but it refers to the ravages of substance abuse on the mind. Not to insult you if that expression is also common where you live or if I am incorrect in my assumption of the place from which you hail.

"Come sweet slumber and shroud me in thy purple cloak......hmm...doesn't even rhyme."
Max Headroom

BBx

Haha... I thought you were joking till I looked it up and then I was interested to learn it was an approximation of a translated line in "The Iliad". Who knew Max Headroom was an intellectual as well.....lol

This thread has now officially wondered far off topic but I guess Max Headroom is another odd relic of the past once caused by drugs that has now disappeared into the shrouded and drug hazed annuals of time and history.....😂

Last edited:
@somnilicious damn even I didn't know that about the quote, that's awesome I like it even more now thx mate. Its from an art of noise track called 'paranormia' (I think) also I would like to point out that anyone in the world that learns to speak English outside of the USA learns to spell English properly so may not always be from the UK just anywhere outside of America 😉

BBx

This probably is reaching but I can't remember the last time I've heard someone referred to as an "e-tard". Middle-Late 2000s I think. Is regular E even a thing anymore? Seems to be all about that Molly the last decade.