• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

weird amphetamine experineces lately

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
last few times ive taken amphetamine ive noticed weirdveffects where i dont fully expeierence the euphoria any more and end up chasing the non exsistence high until im dangerously overstimulated and even get tired and iritable anxious and feel deppresed like im on a comedown at times whilst still fully up and then when i think ive came down and get hungry i eat and it brings me back up with dilated pupils brighter visions and faster heart rate music Apprecation weird its like ive abused it so much that it skips the high and it seems what nutrients and how tired i am before can affect the high unless its maybe been cut with ephedrine or something

the euphoria from aphetamine is gone by day 3 will daily use, this is normal - so is taking more and more trying to chase that high. Thing is - NO AMOUNT OF ADDERALL ON EARTH will bring that back

like tubgirl said, the only answer here is a tolerance break.

Take 1 week off and that moday morning pill will kick a lot harder

if you take 4 weeks off your tolerance will effectively reset to baseline

im dangerously overstimulated and even get tired and iritable anxious and feel deppresed like im on a comedown at times whilst still fully up and then when i think ive came down and get hungry i eat and it brings me back up with dilated pupils brighter visions and faster heart rate music Apprecation weird its like ive abused it so much that it skips the high and it seems what nutrients and how tired i am before can affect the high unless its maybe been cut with ephedrine or something

Yeah, you ARE overstimulating your CNS system. You didn't mention what doses you're taking but based on your description I'm going to guess quite high.

Yes you NEED TO EAT while on stims!!! Eating on stims will make the high BETTER, because your body is drained and feels like shit (but you're so stimmed up you cant tell).

Eat, stay hydrated and take vitamins while on stims.

but for now, it sounds like you really do need to take a break for a week or more

if you continue pushing it like this you're heading straight for psychosis, not IF but WHEN.

stay safe

Yes and no. While that is true when you are younger and newer to stimulants, there is in my opinion a gradual and permanent increase in stimulant tolerance over your lifetime if you use regularly. Even if you take year long breaks between a couple of weeks or months of binging you will permanently lose some of your sensitivity to amps.

I certainly have.

And it’s the reason why we have so many “MDMA had no magic anymore” and “Meth today is garbage” threads written by people over 40.

Yes and no. While that is true when you are younger and newer to stimulants, there is in my opinion a gradual and permanent increase in stimulant tolerance over your lifetime if you use regularly. Even if you take year long breaks between a couple of weeks or months of binging you will permanently lose some of your sensitivity to amps.

I certainly have.

And it’s the reason why we have so many “MDMA had no magic anymore” and “Meth today is garbage” threads written by people over 40.

how much of that do you think is related to natural aging changes in the brain vs classic 'permatolerance' from simply using a drug too many times for too many years?

I guess they are likely interrelated to a certain degree?

I've definitely experienced perma tolerance to a few specific drugs, and if I were to guess it's because chronic use caused permanent downregulation

the euphoria from aphetamine is gone by day 3 will daily use, this is normal - so is taking more and more trying to chase that high. Thing is - NO AMOUNT OF ADDERALL ON EARTH will bring that back

Yeah, you ARE overstimulating your CNS system. You didn't mention what doses you're taking but based on your description I'm going to guess quite high.

Yes you NEED TO EAT while on stims!!! Eating on stims will make the high BETTER, because your body is drained and feels like shit (but you're so stimmed up you cant tell).

Eat, stay hydrated and take vitamins while on stims.

but for now, it sounds like you really do need to take a break for a week or more

if you continue pushing it like this you're heading straight for psychosis, not IF but WHEN.

stay safe
I take up to a gram and sometimes over in a day of UK amphetamine sulphate depends how strong it's hard to judge I think I'm just gonna stop taking it to be honest the comedowns are shit and I'm pretty sure I have a permanent tolerance it happened with heroin and a few other drugs where the euphoria would be minimal or disappear but the side effects would still be present notvsure if it's the brains way of protecting it self through some sort of downregulation

Adderall and amphetamine sulfate honestly used to be my favorite drug. I loved it. Eventually after abusing it it lost all it's magic and even to this day if I take it i need large quantities...

The side effects became more pronounced, the stimulated "high" or motivation phase of amphetamines is completely gone.

There's a thread on here somewhere explaining the levels of amphetamine use

how much of that do you think is related to natural aging changes in the brain vs classic 'permatolerance' from simply using a drug too many times for too many years?

I guess they are likely interrelated to a certain degree?

I've definitely experienced perma tolerance to a few specific drugs, and if I were to guess it's because chronic use caused permanent downregulation
It’s very hard to say because in addition to my years of year on/few years off pattern of stim use over 30 years I also have a solid 5 years on anti-psychotics which definitely restructure the brain permanently over time which may affect how drugs work on me now. I also take street drugs on top of low dose Rx dex which may keep my dopamine receptors and other parts of my brain at a lower sensitivity on an ongoing basis. So I don’t think I’m the best case study.

But when I compare the memory of shooting speed at age 20 to shooting meth at 50 and rolling on MDMA pills at 30 to snorting MDMA crystal now I feel pretty much next to nothing and can consume massive quantities of both and remain pretty much totally functional. I still believe the issue is my neurology rather than the drugs though. Given how many times I’ve seen younger/newer user go batshit crazy off the same batches.

Adderall and amphetamine sulfate honestly used to be my favorite drug. I loved it. Eventually after abusing it it lost all it's magic and even to this day if I take it i need large quantities...

The side effects became more pronounced, the stimulated "high" or motivation phase of amphetamines is completely gone.

There's a thread on here somewhere explaining the levels of amphetami

There's a thread on here somewhere explaining the levels of amphetamine use
I'm beginning to think the only drugs worth using for me now are psychedelics

Nmda antagonists reset tolerance to some degree.

Maybe a break with magnesium citrate or or taurate ?

@Perforated interesting. I want to guess the APs had something to play in this, buy how much? It would make a lot of sense though, since APs completely dull meth and some of Adderall for me