• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Weight gain when abstaining from drugs

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I've noticed now that I've stopped using drugs even tho I'm working out and eating realtively healthy I crave junk food a lot in the middle of the night which is not good for staying lean and fit

Are you taking Amy type of psych meds??? Like antidepressants or Antipsychotics,? Those shitty pills make u gain weight.

the only thing that helps me with this is exercise, balances out the calories, and for whatever reason I tend to actually eat even less when I jog a lot... I think the endorphins kinda substitute for the sporadic snacking

nicotine is also a mild appetite suppressant but not worth the habit

also, it can take a bit for the APs to wash out of your system if you just recently stopped

Uffff I've seen ppl gain 80lbs in a couple months from seroquel. Stay away from all kinds meds and ull see results.
That's not a viable option for everyone

Best way to keep weight off while on seroquel is to severely limit carb intake

I was taking serqoel but have stopped
In the interest of harm reduction I would have to say that if you are prescribed seroquel for psychiatric reasons, please DO NOT stop it until discussing with your prescriber first. You said you have already stopped. Was this under the supervision of your doctor? Or did you just say "Fuck it" and stop on your own?

Believe it or not, there are many antipsychotics out there and they do not all have the same side effects. I would encourage you to discuss this with your psychiatrist and see if there isn't a different AP that may be kinder to your body.

IME seroquel is usually the first AP many doctors prescribe when someone shows symptoms of psychosis or bipolar disorder. I don't know why they do it this way but I am confident that if you are experiencing psychosis or bipolar or whatever, there is another AP out there that will work for you.