• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Weekly MDMA sessions not noticing any bad signs yet?

There's an obvious risk of complications from MDMA use,

really? what evidence supports this? studies identify lowered SERT binding -- same thing you get from SSRIs -- (MDMA is an SSRI imagine that)

Bluelight runs the risk of losing credibility by parroting "every 3 months" instead of telling the whole story

scenario:

Joe : Hey bud -- bluelight said watch out for fentanyl analogues in xyz ...

Steve: Yeah they said only roll every 3 months too and we know that's bullshit ...

http://psy.swansea.ac.uk/staff/parrott/

This guy has also written some interesting papers on it.

Even without any scientific backing at all, there's such a huge amount of anecdotal reports of negative effects following MDMA use, that advising frequent and/or high dose use of this drug as being 'risk free' would go against the harm reduction principles that this site is supposed to uphold.

I think MDMA is a lovely drug, I think it can certainly be used responsibly and safely and a majority of its users do not experience any negatives, I'm sure. I will undoubtedly use it several more times in my life.

I myself, however, as well as many of my closest friends, have experienced lasting issues as a result of MDMA use, in some of our cases relatively 'sensible' use too.

The issues at least in my case were evidently from MDMA, as they had never presented before consumption, specifically presented directly after one session in which I ingested too much resulting in an experience too intense for me (only 180mg at once though, no redose), and faded, albeit very slowly, with prolonged abstinence from MDMA use, and returning to some degree for a lasting period if I were to use again, and this would also slow overall recovery speed.

I know for a fact this was MDMA as I sent it to a lab which I know uses GC/MS to identify samples. Additionally, if my Dutch friend is to be trusted, which he is, the lab he sent it to for purity analysis showed it to be 98.6% pure MDMA.HCl. It's a Canadian-produced batch of safrole derived MDMA and I have always used this source for every MDMA experience bar 1, which was after the negative effects began anyway.

Until we know more facts about what this drug is actually doing to the brain when we use it, I just don't think we should be telling anyone to use it more than a few times a year unless they are willing to accept that they may encounter complications, although they are seemingly rare.

SSRIs cause lowered SERT binding. That is one method of action - why they work.

OP sounds like me a year ago.. I remember posting here to try validating taking small doses of mdma weekly instead of waiting a month each roll.. In my opinion the fact you posted here suggests you have some sort of attachment to it. i dont fully believe the "im not addicted and i could stop at any time" talk if your posting here in this manner.. If i were you i wouldn't gamble it, i was exactly like you posting here. it felt like a line for me, once i crossed it i couldnt enjoy the amazing feeling mdma used to give me for a very long time. Adding salt to the wound i also had a wicked depressed look at life for awhile following. mdma is a beautiful drug and i loved it, i wish i never abused it and i could still be taking it every few months but i ruined that taking it weekly..

PS- if you feel yourself counting the days till you can do it again, you have a problem. Just my opinion.