• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Weekly MDMA sessions not noticing any bad signs yet?

bamfinator

Greenlighter
Hey, I am a fairly experienced MDMA user and have more recently being doing it very frequently with friends as it it summer time and we've got shit all else to do. When I first tried MDMA I would get horrible comedowns but now I get absolutely no comedown at all other that a mildly sore jaw (from gurning) and the occasional sore throat but that usually passes after a day, so none of those deep emotional downers that I had before. I also have not noticed any effects to my emotional or physical health yet and I am beginning to wonder whether I can just about get away with keep doing it until summer is over. I feel no addiction to this drug and feel like I can just as easily stop doing it and replace it for something such as alcohol instead. I have read up online and everything is telling me not to due to health risks but they have all mentioned signs that should become noticeable after doing it so frequently but I have not ran into any of these so far. Any advice would be appreciated but in short all I really want to know is if I can just about get away with doing it weekly/fortnightly for the rest of summer).

Thanks

(edit: I also see no tolerance building up even after such frequent dosing which is pretty much the only thing keeping me doing it. If I was feeling as if the high was getting weaker each time I would have probably stopped doing it so frequently ages ago.)

Last edited:
There's no way to know for sure. You know what CAN happen (long term comedown). Are you willing to risk it?

It is certain that there will be an awful outcome if I continue to do this though?

Nothing is certain, but I mean, if I were to run across the street in the middle of the block, is it certain that I will be struck by a vehicle?

It is certain that there will be an awful outcome if I continue to do this though?

The fact you have no comedown indicates tolerance.

However, ususally the persons that can take MDMA frequently with no ill effects are the ones that get an afterglow.

Why does it matter? 50% chance, 25% chance, 5% chance - the fact that it can happen, and HAS happened to many more before, is enough of a chance for me. Is your future really worth a little bit of fun while you're young? Really if you even consider answering yes, you've created this thread for pretty much no point other than to tell everyone what you're doing, ignore the advice, and go on to be an example for others of what NOT to do. Because it will happen, sooner or later.

Russian roulette isn't certain death, but would you put the pistol to your head and pull the trigger? I'd like to think not.

I used mdma weekly for many years. Over a decade. No ill effects. No loss of magic. YMMV

Same here and if you ask this question in the UK section most would say the same.

Damn, really? The shit we get over here is pretty good so that might have something to do with it?
By that I mean that maybe it has negative effects on people that get shitty MDMA and have bad reactions short/long term because of it.

Damn, really? The shit we get over here is pretty good so that might have something to do with it?
By that I mean that maybe it has negative effects on people that get shitty MDMA and have bad reactions short/long term because of it.
The MDMA i had was always of a high quality. I think the once every 3 month rule is bullshit personally.

The MDMA i had was always of a high quality. I think the once every 3 month rule is bullshit personally.

The "rule" is no more than once a month. Longer is recommended, and when someone advises a longer break they often default to 3 months.

Going out once every 2 weeks, after the third night out (so only 6 weeks in) I already noted reduced effects, and a considerable dip in mood the following couple of weeks. Took a few months off after that, next roll felt incredible. I think your MDMA consumption and blasé attitude towards your health is bullshit personally. But we've both just expressed out opinions, and given Bluelight is here for HR and support, we should steer away from anything that could encourage a user to potentially come to harm.

My attitude is from my experience. Its not an opinion. Its not bullshit. Nice hostile and aggressive attitude from a mod. Nice work.

And is bearlove's experience bullshit too? Some of us have lived a bit mate. I was taking mdma in 1989. Were you even born?

I'm from the UK and for a couple of months in 2005 I took mdma 3 times a week. Never ever had any kind of comedown depression whatsoever. It just made me happy and I stayed that way afterwards. Didn't have any memory problems either.

No, my point is that given the variance of people's experiences with abusing MDMA and the number of lasting negative effects says that your feelings towards frequent/excessive dosing is your opinion based on your personal experience. It's not fair to another user for you to suggest that your dosing regimen is safe, because quite frankly it's not regardless of how many people have used MDMA in a similar fashion and seemingly got away with it. There are enough who have not.

So if your opinion of any rule of thumb for abstinence is that it's bullshit, I believe dosing in the way you have is asking for trouble and your attitude towards others taking similar risks is unsafe.

And frankly if you have an issue with the way I go about trying to guide users in indisputably safer manner than some others in here would have guided them, cry me a river. I'm here to do just that, not babysit feelings.

I've read about some research regarding MDMA toxicidy in mice (or rats?). It indicaded that the neurotoxicity from MDMA was related to body temperature. Test subjects suffered damage from MDMA when body temperature was elevated (or lowered) a couple of degrees. When body temperature was kept at the same lvl they didn't find any damage.

I'm camping with hardly any internet connection, so cannot fint the research I read about, but it's available/written about online.

I'm not sure if it matters regarding MDMA comedown/being prone to injury, but I have wondered if it plays a difference. People often just state how much they took, and how often, not if they got warm or not.

It would be very interesting to lean more about this connection, if there is any.

I do MDMA as a part of meditation, and thought I experience tolerance build up I have always had a positive afterglow. Was a bit physically exhausted once, took MDMA when tired and fell asleep under douvet, sweating.

I've never been physical active while rolling, just undressed and made myself comfortable. Tired, perhaps a bit emotionally drain if I have worked on trauma relief, but always have good afterglow.

I've rolled with 3 weeks between a couple of times, but usually one month or longer.

And frankly if you have an issue with the way I go about trying to guide users in indisputably safer manner than some others in here would have guided them, cry me a river. I'm here to do just that, not babysit feelings.
So is Bearloves opinion bullshit too or just mine?

No, my point is that given the variance of people's experiences with abusing MDMA and the number of lasting negative effects says that your feelings towards frequent/excessive dosing is your opinion based on your personal experience. It's not fair to another user for you to suggest that your dosing regimen is safe, because quite frankly it's not regardless of how many people have used MDMA in a similar fashion and seemingly got away with it. There are enough who have not.

So if your opinion of any rule of thumb for abstinence is that it's bullshit, I believe dosing in the way you have is asking for trouble and your attitude towards others taking similar risks is unsafe.

Couldn't agree more.

The whole point of BL is harm reduction and advice. Advice collected as a community of what is deemed, 'safe'. This comes from gathering the experiences of everyone, studies, general knowledge and meeting in the middle.
I'm sure those in the MDMA recovery thread, have the opposite experiences of bearlove and consumer.

A couple of peoples experiences doesn't trump the general consensus of a community. Which has always been, take breaks of a month+.

Yeah i guess (hundreds of) thousands of people who have indulged more than once a month but dont post in the bluelight recovery thread dont count. Most people do not experience problems from using mdma more than once a month. Show me the studies to show that they do.

But whatever. Stick to your once a month thing if it works for you. I was just saying my experience before Trozzle needed to personally attack me to make himself feel important. I will leave you too it.