• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed Withdrawl Apathy and Depression

lucidtonin

Greenlighter
Ok so this is SWIM first post to this forum ... SWIM is new to this so forgive SWIM for any mistakes but lemme get to the point. So SWIM has been smoking weed for about 3 months 3 times a day on average and has taken a 4 day tolerance break once which made SWIM feel very energetic happy despite horrible insomnia but after noticing mood swings, lack of motivation, and disphoric highs SWIM has decided that it is time for a long term break from weed and sober up SWIM expected to have the same effects as last time very positive super energetic withdrawal experience buttttt nooooo it has been the very opposite. SWIM is now done with day 4 moving on to day 5 with persistent mild depression and intense apathy it's like the soul has been robbed from SWIM. There is no reason why SWIM should be experiencing depression as intense as this with reccuring suicidal thoughts. So here is SWIM question, Is this apathy and depression common with weed withdrawl and if so how much longer will SWIM have to endure this pain????? :?:?:?

Okay, first off, suicidal ideation is not mild depression, that is very serious and should not be taken lightly. But also, 3 to 5 days is the usual length of weed "withdrawal". I recall going through this many times when i used to smoke, and it was also very annoying, but never really intense by any means. You might discover that you have been using weed to cover up some other issues in your life (which is exactly what i was doing), so you may want to take some time to think about whats going on in your life and decide whether or not you were using it as a crutch. Hopefully this is not the case, and your "withdrawal" will subside in the next few days, but if thats not the case, then i hope you get a chance to handle whatever issues youre facing.

Best of luck to you

Welcome to BL, please don't SWIM here, it doesn't really CYA. Like HeadHigh says it could be you have something else going on that has been masked or compounded by the herb usage, also if you had a long run of usage then 4-5 days may not have been enough time to mentally clear up fully. Why was it that you started using heavily?

Just quit for like two years and then respect the herb. You might figure out something is mentally wrong with you that you are for some reason associating with weed when it isn't related.

It's definitely possible to experience adverse effects from smoking too much! Duh! I can smoke habitually and get on just fine, but there is a fine limit to the amount I will smoke before I start getting side effects. The problem I was having that I had lost self control with weed to such an extent that although I saw the benefits of cutting back to just a few puffs a day, I could never stick with it because the compulsion was too strong. I quit for a couple years, figured out I have panic and mood disorders (explaining why I am so sensitive to regulating my weed intake), and now I am loving the bong rips more than ever before. I definitely have a habit, but I don't see it in a negative light. If you are seeing weed in a negative light, you should take a long, long break from it. Then afterwards it's simple... smoke a bit, enjoy it, but don't make a big deal of it and you'll be good. People get a little too crazy about weed these days, I see too many people who smoke so much that they never experience the transition of consciousness from sober to high (the best part).

At my worst I had symptoms for months after stopping... I would say 6 months, so I am very careful now because I would never want to regret starting up again. And I had stopped entirely for many years since then.

I definitely get a little apathetic when I have to quit. When your going through a period where you can't or aren't smoking, I'd suggest just trying to occupy yourself more, like reading or listening to music. If it's really just the pot making you feel this way then you'll be fine in a week I'd say

Yeah I can sometimes feel my mood plummet a bit when I run out. Also tend to experience more vivid dreams.

My friend started using because the high was fun and addicting. But my friend was much better after day 6 of quitting the depression had completely vanished so thanks to all who had replied to the thread really appreciate the help and insight.