View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weed triggering a psychedelic experience

justme6263

Bluelighter
Hi guess. Last night I smoked a joint and it triggered a very very psychedelic experience, like I had taken half a tab of very good acid... I've never had this before. I'm jot exactly a heavy weed smoker but i have smoked it many many times and not once has this happened. It was just like I had taken acid.

I haven't taken acid for about two months but before that I was doing it twice a week for about 5 months and then before that about 2 months for a year.

Do you think doing acid that often could have been the reason? I don't want to completely trip out every time I smoke.

Thanks for reading.

What you have experienced is completely normal. Cannabis can produce many different kinds of effects, some of them feeling fairly psychedelic in nature. It is not necessary to have taken serotonergic psychedelics first to notice these effects in it, but that is what opens a lot of people up to them after they're used to the feeling or know what to look for. Given your experience with LSD, I wouldn't be surprised if this helped you notice it.

You won't totally trip out every time you smoke, but you should try to make peace with the fact that cannabis will always be able to produce these effects, because it can. Since they are more obvious to you now I would expect that they might be a little unavoidable at first too, but eventually you'll grow accustomed to them and cannabis will be as light of a commitment as it ever was.

In the meantime, just try smoking less next time. You only need to use as much as you need to get high, push further than that and trippy effects will become more likely.